1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

After hours testing... Watch Dogs (E3 Bloom effect working)

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by TheWorse, Jun 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sergio

Sergio Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus 760 DirectCU II OC
    After 2h+ testing i can say this mod (only patch.dat and .fat) just gives me more fps when i am on Ultra settings (textures High). Before i can barely push to ultra settings and fps drops to near 40-45s... Now with this mod i can go ultra (textures high) and get 55-60fps mostly. I am on 1680x945 :(

@TheWorse, thx for this mod sir :)

And bloom is awesome! Sometimes i am getting way more bloom when destroying big street lamps, i dont know why, but looks really cool :)

Cheers.

2. TheWorse

TheWorse Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX680@1300/6900
    My settings include different lod values and shadowmap size in order to lower the stutter, it's something simple that any of you guys can do. Cascade shadow maps seems to be better quality overall but I'm not really into this setting because it's only used in xbox 360 and ps3.

Also by using the bilateral blur you can get the same results as the default shadows, but maybe better quality, it depends of what you see compared to default.

3. brunopita

brunopita Banned

GPU:
    MSI Gaming R9 270X 2GB
    @TheWorse: I was going to ask what else you changed because performance is amazing using my settings for GamerProfile.xml. The bloom is great.

4. Haxe

Haxe Banned

GPU:
    Hey TheWorse,
    Can you please explain how you manage to increase the civilian density?

ive been trying to mod it and can't make the godmode and unlimited ammo cheat work as well :(

5. VAAS

VAAS Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus R9270OC 2Gb
    I think higher textures now are working in water reflections,
    before i had artifacts(lines) when setting more then 1536 for WaterNextgenquality,
    i can now set 4k without issues(same .xml, bloom patch)

6. TheWorse

TheWorse Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX680@1300/6900
    There are many different civilian density files that are being used depending on time of day, weather and such.

Verylow, low, medium, high, very high, extra high density. Now high, medium and low have the same values so in theory it should increase the density in different situations.

7. william456

william456 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Titan X
    Headlight shadow will be released today?

8. Campacci2k

Campacci2k Active Member

GPU:
    R9 280X 3 GB
    Looks great combined with some configs of Kad XML (I'm not using 3.0 by excessive fps drop).

[​IMG]

[Reflections]

9. Haxe

Haxe Banned

GPU:
    thx. but i was thinking more of trying to understand what was done to change the binhex to increase the civilian density. or maybe i was wrong on that one and something else was needed to be changed.

10. TheWorse

TheWorse Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX680@1300/6900
    To change the civilian density the actual settings stored have to be decompiled to see the xml files then change the values and compile it again.

If someone could teach me more abour binhex or how to create a binaryclass for the effects that could be great and make this easy for everybody.

11. Haxe

Haxe Banned

GPU:
    Are you referring to that file in common.dat that needs to be decompiled?
    So which .xml file specifically and what parameter affects the density of the number of civilians being spawned in the game?

Last edited: Jun 13, 2014
  12. Alex.Outer

Alex.Outer Active Member

GPU:
    AMD 7970
    Fantastic work! Thanks for sharing! :)

I know this wig from somewhere ...

13. TheWorse

TheWorse Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX680@1300/6900
    the xml is compiled inside civiliandensity.lib and also encoded on binhex.

Edit: E3 Lighting from 2012 can't be added to the current build of watch dogs, because is different from the e3 2013. So if you see something like "e3 lighting" you'll know it's fake. Unless someone makes a real comparisson :p

14. Haxe

Haxe Banned

GPU:
    alrite thx. I was hoping you could help explain how you did the binhex part to change civilian density but nevermind. Thanks anyways.

15. TheWorse

TheWorse Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX680@1300/6900
    Update: What I'm going to add to the game?

-A full functional, working and stable defaultrenderconfig with all settings modified so if you don't have a very powerful pc you can run it as well

-Stuttering fixes (Lod and shadowmapsizes values among others)

-Fully working headlight shadows (Still not perfect due to ubisoft lack of optimization, headlight shadows wasn't a feature since e3 2012 if I remember correctly)

-HeadLights Volumes and different settings for them (And the possibility to choose between)

-E3 Bloom as well as other presets included

-(MAYBE) Edited Particles settings

-(STILL FOR TESTING) Edited .lua shaders config.

-(STILL TO BE FOUND) DoF settings.

-(STILL FOR TESTING) Modifications to the Lighting (HBAO+, ReflectionsIntensity, etc)

-Higher density for civilians.

-ColourGrading changes and the possibility to use DigitalTrips settings.

-(STILL FOR TESTING) StreetSpotlights changes and maybe Lightvolumes

And i'll do my best as always. I was going to upload the headlight shadows setting but I have to do something first (not mod related)

16. Downtown

Downtown Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX770 4GB 1300/7800
    Superb !! Cant wait :cheers:

17. Neocaron

Neocaron Active Member

GPU:
    580 gtx 1.5
    Sounds wonderful! :)

18. TheWorse

TheWorse Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX680@1300/6900
    See this guys? Awful right?

[​IMG]

I raised the level of the water to 260 just to see if my tweak were working, and it its.

I was able to modify the main Watchdogs file to be able to make more tweaks! i'm super exited about this. I'll se what more I can do.

Edit: What does this say to you? :)

[​IMG]

19. styckx

styckx Maha Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1080 FE
    The best part of modding is not what your actually accomplish, it's what you learned along the way.

20. Neocaron

Neocaron Active Member

GPU:
    580 gtx 1.5
    So true, and when you get bored, some people take your place, taking in account all the discoveries you made. :nerd::nerd:

What about the smoke and particles effects? I would get a boner if you could bring the E3 explosions :banana::banana:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.