1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

After hours testing... Watch Dogs (E3 Bloom effect working)

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by TheWorse, Jun 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Plissken

Plissken Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX 980 Strix
    Joe Pae,

I'd like to thank you again, as I followed your instructions and was able to successfully change the DOF values with the ones provided by Mystic. Thank you both for sharing your knowledge.

Mytic's DOF values are indeed a lot better for my taste, actually I feel like it's how it should have been from the very start, so props to him, he was spot-on with his values.

Unfortunately, the result was not as spectacular as I imagined in my head. Blurring the distance LOD made the game look a bit like an old-gen open-world game, as if it was a choice of design in order to mask the machine's inability to display distant objects properly due to lack of horsepower (they used that trick mostly in the console versions of last-gen open world games, using blur and fog effects at distance). But Mytic's values are much more preferable for my taste, so thank you so much again guys.

Bloom looks perfect for me so I'd rather leave them unchanged. I have my perfect mixture now and I'm quite happy with it. If only Ubisoft could do something about the poor performance now.

What do you know, another day another thing learned. :) Great to be a member of such a good community here.

PS. In reply to PMs, I would love to share it but that'd be disrespectful to Mystic and TheWorse's efforts so I'd rather let them do that themselves if they feel like it. They are the ones who did all the work after all.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2014
  2. SoloCreep

SoloCreep Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 TI
    You do not need it.. Follow his instructions in his first post where he mentions editing the Quality='run_time" setting in the Gamerprofile.xml. That's all you need to do.

3. younggun

younggun Member

GPU:
    780 Superclocked
  4. brunopita

brunopita Banned

GPU:
    MSI Gaming R9 270X 2GB
    Some things I tested:

You can change the runtime to ultra and make the GamerProfile.xml read-only. With that done you can change in-game settings the way you want and every time the game restarts it'll be in the ultra quality expected for the mod. I'm doing that so I don't lose the mod changes and still can change the game quality if I get slow performance. The DoF is very nice, but sometimes still look quite close to the camera. Level of detail, shadow and reflections change a lot the performance for me, so sometimes I use high quality for these values.

Again, great work, TheWorse. The game doesn't stutter so much in ultra anymore, but I'm limited to what my R9 270X can do. Ubisoft can cancel their patch. Thank you.

5. Glasofruix

Glasofruix Active Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980
    With
    [​IMG]
    without
    [​IMG]

The 0.6 drops 10 to 15 fps on my rig, didn't mesure on 0.7 but the game feels smoother overall so it's a keeper (but the DOF and motion blur make me :puke: so i disabled them). BTW, no need to change the render quality thingy to ultra, works fine with custom settings, my screens are everything at high.

6. CheekBoys

CheekBoys Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 780 SC ACX
  7. DigiHound

DigiHound New Member

GPU:
    Varies
    And what if your profile doesn't *have* that option?

Only option I've got that mentions runtime is the following:

AntiAliasingQuality="temporalsmaa" id="_runtime" />

My Quality setting says: Quality="ultra"

But it always has. So I'm a bit unsure on that front.

8. dethavin

dethavin New Member

GPU:
    EVGA GEFORCE GTX 770 4gig
    Thought I would share this here :)

twitter.com/UbiTessa/status/478622295662297088

9. Warpy

Warpy Master Guru

GPU:
    2X 980Ti Poseidon PLAT
    http://www.shacknews.com/article/84999/watch-dogs-pc-mod-enables-e3-2012-visuals

10. RafOliv

RafOliv New Member

GPU:
    R9 series
    Yep DOF, i didn't see my misspelling there, he he:stewpid:. Definitely, vanilla DOF is the way to go on it. The Worse, would you make a version of your mod with vanilla DOF?

11. SoloCreep

SoloCreep Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 TI
    I am using the closer camera version and for me, the DoF is perfect! Chopper headlight does not make shadows. I wish the rain drops made a bigger splash. I wish there still was more fog. Other than that I love it! Very nice job :D

12. brunopita

brunopita Banned

GPU:
    MSI Gaming R9 270X 2GB
    You didn't change that option manually? Normally it should be quality = "_runtime"

13. ramoncosta

ramoncosta New Member

GPU:
    gtx 670 2gb
    DoF goes back to normal when you get in a vehicle .
    anyway to fix that ?

14. CheekBoys

CheekBoys Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 780 SC ACX
    Can you make a version of your mod without bokeh DOF and replace it with the standard DOF?

15. Quentin's_SweetFX

Quentin's_SweetFX Master Guru

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE R9 OC 270X 4GB
    Lads for the first time i am at a lost :) I was using my own xml set to read only.

But i drag that out of there to leave that folder empty so when i start up the game this mod will make the xml. Is that right? Because now the game is making a default xml that has **** settings like a standard one. I know you are saying follow the read me but his xml is not the watch dogs default xml :)

16. DigiHound

DigiHound New Member

GPU:
    Varies
    Don't think I did. Haven't really poked it. I suppose it's possible I did change it at one point.

17. Cru_N_cher

Cru_N_cher Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI NX8800GT OC
    Don't hope for that it most probably was PhysX GPU driven in that build now we only have Havok multithreaded for the CPU left ;)

18. BradleyW

BradleyW Master Guru

GPU:
    R9 290X CFX
    I've found a problem. When using the Ultra runtime with v0.7, HBAO is disabled! No wonder people have an fps increase!

19. stillworking

stillworking New Member

GPU:
    This might be an obvious one, but does the performance take a hit upon enabling HBAO?

20. striker925

striker925 New Member

GPU:
    gtx 780 lightning
    Guys there's no quality="_runtime" in my profile file.

There's an id=_runtime
    and other ...quality="high" or ultra

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.