After hours testing... Watch Dogs (E3 Bloom effect working)

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by TheWorse, Jun 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mkeezay29

mkeezay29 Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 760 4GB
    I have done some work with the XML file and have made the game run much better, I now get a solid framerate and still have the new effects, I will make my 10 posts and then post the link I'm not able to now, if anyone wants it now PM me.

2. Xilandro

Xilandro Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 780 DC2
    Cruncher? Are you that Cruncher from Skyrim ENB gallery? Wattaya doing here?
    You're free to not be a fan of downsampling and sweetFX, but this game without downsampling looks like *!)#$...

Colourgrading\colour correction (saturation\gamma\contrast\levels\RGB per-level tweaking) and lumasharpen (txaa+smaa+lumasharpen = essential)- sweetFX

Lighting (sunlight brightness without changing overall brightness, sunlight colour, point and free light colour and luminance) - patch.dat\fat.

3. Quentin's_SweetFX

Quentin's_SweetFX Master Guru

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE R9 OC 270X 4GB

I agree.....

4. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX5700 8gb
    Yes I'm one of those suffering significantly worse performance since the patch despite having having a better than recommended spec PC. Thanks for this :)

5. Cru_N_cher

Cru_N_cher Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI NX8800GT OC
    @Kellan
    For my personal taste to much object parts visibility is bad compared to the light emission surrounding them

i agree there is a problem with AA especially Specular response is problematic in several angles but even Downsampling doesn't help here much in Motion.

And yes it's the same CruNcher not sure why you so surprised to see me over here after you saw that i took a brake and currently investigate on this new Dunia Engine iteration and especially Ubisofts rendering ideas they buildup since several years now in terms of physical shading/lighting console optimization and usage of pre rendering the global illumination to gain a performance + for virtually any platform (being able to hit even the Wii-U) and combine both in some artistically way into 1 space, of course sometimes some funny rendering situations being created from this approach ;)

http://enbseries.enbdev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=3196 <- should have made clear im looking into this and anyone's progress on it :)

And i find the Performance/Quality results in the contrary to many others (which i partly cant understand well) not bad @ all for the Hardware given and i mainly test on the 460 GTX and without the rest of the DX11 overhead it would be running even much better :)

Last edited: Jun 20, 2014
  6. Xilandro

Xilandro Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 780 DC2
    Agreed about lighting. But colourgrading is... a colourgrading. Maybe inside the game you have access to tweak it per weather and per-time-of-day, don't know, but still, it's just vanilla postprocessing =) That's why I think that you should not touch vanilla colours, saturation, etc. At least not too much.

7. MashmanDKH

MashmanDKH New Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 780 Ti SC ACX
    Here here. I've had to cap my frame rate at 40 fps to get a frame drop free experience. Can't take the drops and stuttering anymore, which were made worse by the recent patch.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2014
  8. xHalox

xHalox Banned

GPU:
    16 GB Crucial
    Ubisoft responded about Graphics downgrade, LOL what a $hitty answer:

I cant post links, go to Ubisoft Support FB page to check it out.

9. mrmugen53

mrmugen53 New Member

GPU:
    GTX 760 SLI
    Posted this once before but I don't think anyone saw it. For everyone complaining about framerate, I might have found a way to help with the stuttering that people are seeing post-Ubisoft patch, at least on the uPlay version I have. Here is what I did.

Open uPlay
    Go to your Watch Dogs game
    Click the dropdown arrow next to Play
    Click "Verify files"
    When the verification finishes, it will say you have corrupted files
    Click repair, and when it's done you will be at plain retail WD (all previous modded patch.dat and .fat will be overwritten
    Now install whatever mods you want
    Should run smoothly after maybe a couple stutters on the initial load

I was having really bad stutters before AND after the ubi patch, tried various different mod files and tweaks to no avail, but once I got frustrated and tried the verify option it all seemed to work much better. I would imagine it might help on the Steam version too if you try "Verify Integrity of Game Cache" before installing the mods.

Let me know if anyone else sees improvements with this method.

10. Quentin's_SweetFX

Quentin's_SweetFX Master Guru

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE R9 OC 270X 4GB
    LOL. It's because i don't think i will ever be able to run this game the way i want without turning down settings :) Papers etc flying around is nice FX. But if the city was to be cleaned up to make way for more fps and better lighting, smoke/fog FX... I would be all for it. If it was done like the clean city mod which made Icenhancer mod and others stand out EVEN more........

That's all i am saying :)

11. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX5700 8gb
    It's been pasted and posted about in here multiple times.

12. Plissken

Plissken Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX 980 Strix
    No problem, bud. That one's great for taking pretty pictures.

13. aroy3639

aroy3639 Member

GPU:
    Gtx 750ti
    Ok man ................... WE WILL WAIT then ........ anyways thanks and keep up the good work !!!

14. turkeynaruto

turkeynaruto New Member

GPU:
    GTX 690 4GB
    Everybody dont like the Graphics from Watch Dogs me too but its not the only thing that is different from 2012 also Aiden was WAY COOLER for example compare how he put out his Phone now and 2012 or other cool animations too and When Aiden shots with focus its also COMPLETE different and In my opinion this was one of the Major things in Watch dogs to feel like in an Movie I think I will never Buy touch this game again when GTA V release ...

SORRY FOR MY ENGLISH

15. RichterBelmont

RichterBelmont Member

GPU:
    GTX780Ti
    When do you make 0.8?

16. octomot

octomot Member

GPU:
    Asus Radeon HD7870 2GB
    True, imho its misleading to present something (at e3) that can't hold the expectation. It's a kind of cheating.
    But we should happy that people like theworse and all the others gonna correct this.

FullACK@ GTA5

cheers

17. BradleyW

BradleyW Master Guru

GPU:
    R9 290X CFX
    I wonder how many times we will see this question. I am going to go :banana: 's

18. VikMorroHun

VikMorroHun Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 780 Ti
    Hi everyone,

First I would like to thank TheWorse for creating this great modification. I really enjoy playing Watch Dogs with it.
    Is there a way to keep the Depth of Field setting you made in version 0.7? I use normal camera and I think this is the best for me. I tried other options but I didn't like those. (I don't know why, but if I change to the backwards camera in a car, I see DOF working, but there is no DOF looking forward. It's not a problem, just an interesting feature.)

I recommend for people who have stuttering problems to launch the game with -disablepagefilecheck command line parameter. This method eliminated approx. 98% of the stuttering for me.

I read some of you had problems with online storage. Try Dropbox - it is the best method in my opinion. You have to keep a backup copy of everything in your Dropbox folder though, or the client will delete the missing files when it syncs.

I think I found a graphic bug in version 0.7. Here are two screenshots I took:
    tinyurl DOT com/nvrj7dq
    tinyurl DOT com/p8xf4ka
    Anyone else experienced this? (Couldn't find the spoiler tags, and I don't have 10 posts.)

About Ubisoft patches and this mod:
    I think it would be useful not to merge this mod into the current patch and release it this way, because every time Ubisoft releases a new patch it will overwrite this mod. Not to mention the file sizes. Who knows how big the patched game will grow in time? Instead I recommend distributing the disrupt-r48_b36.zip package with the mod, plus creating some batch files which can automatically merge the mod into the game's patch.dat and patch.fat files.
    Of course the readme should be appropriately updated with this info.

19. andgtr08

andgtr08 New Member

GPU:
    16 GB DDR3
    Can someone re-upload the file "Normal Camera" for TheWorse0.7+upd1.3+BossDoFv2? thanks!

20. xShafted

xShafted Member

GPU:
    GTX 760 2g VRam
    Right after I die, the loading screen would fade in & out through Aiden's phone. Now since the latest patch, it doesn't fade in through Aiden's phone anymore. Instead, it just "pops up" and Aiden is stuck standing there for about 1 second. Anyone else having this issue?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.