After hours testing... Watch Dogs (E3 Bloom effect working)

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by TheWorse, Jun 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DamnedLife

DamnedLife Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 290X TRI-X OC
    Thanks and I PMed Kadz too for the addition of this DOF preset. Again your DOF is like the one the game should've shipped with heheh :) I didn't intensively test it while covering in a shootout just yet but when I have the time I will and tell you know my opinion :)

2. Plissken

Plissken Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX 980 Strix
    Now that TheWorse endorses more options for his modification, I thought I could compile the most popular demands in one package.

1. TheWorse Mod 0.7 with more DOF: This variation is the same as TW's 0.7 modification except it contains the heavier DOF option that was available in TW 0.6.

2. TheWorse Mod 0.7 with subtle DOF: This one is for those who didn't like the heavy DOF included in TheWorse's modifications. Comes with a subtle DOF effect that starts at far distances, auto focusing to near objects is still available and quite fast. Credits go to Mystic and Vaas for the mixture of values provided in this variation.

3. TheWorse Mod 0.7 with NO DOF: Seems like some people don't like the DOF effect at all, so if you're still not satisfied with the subtle DOF version and think that you want all the eye-candy provided by TW modifications excluding the DOF effect, this one is for you.

You can get all the tweaks as a single archive in the following link: http://goo.gl/arhMGY

The tweaks above are based on TheWorse's 0.7b modification and does NOT include the official Ubisoft patch files as some people report that not only it doesn't help the performance at all but also gives you more stutters so I'd rather play on the safe side. All of them uses normal camera view.

Sidenote: Please don't ask for more variations as I'm done with this game on PC after the unbelievably poor patch Ubisoft has released. I'm going to play the game on PS4 and move on, I actually suggest you do the same.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2014
  3. LazyPoet91

LazyPoet91 Member

GPU:
    GTX 760/2GB
    Wow this topic is really huge. I completely lost the overview :D
    I read of two or three different DOFs, tools and stuff. Very confusing, should I just wait for V0.8?

4. BradleyW

BradleyW Master Guru

GPU:
    R9 290X CFX
    Will you be offering these mods combined with the patch? The patch helped me a lot.

5. hacknham

hacknham Member

GPU:
    GTX780SC 3GB

UP!

very good, keep this work
    nice DOF and balanced

6. DamnedLife

DamnedLife Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 290X TRI-X OC
    Yeah a little work for you but the paych also helped me a lot in stutter deparment so if you could merge "subtle DOF" it would make me and many ppl interested. Also Boss's DOF values are great, I will compare them during shooting and cover system and driving. For rest Boss's DOF is just perfect.

7. andressergio

andressergio Master Guru

GPU:
    GALAX GTX 1080Ti HOF SLI
    link doesnt work for me bro

8. andressergio

andressergio Master Guru

GPU:
    GALAX GTX 1080Ti HOF SLI
  9. GODzillaGSPB

GODzillaGSPB Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 760 TwFrz
    Indeed, that would be nice.

10. bilago

bilago Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 660GTX
    The best method for this, IMO, is to create an installer that takes the already existing patch on the users computer, decompiles it, combines it with the mod, rebuilds it. We shouldn't be distributing the patch with the mod.

Building this is extremely easy.

11. andgtr08

andgtr08 New Member

GPU:
    16 GB DDR3
    Guys, after i installed some mods my day night cycle is really fast, i dunno why, but sounds like that cheat for gta sa for fast day time, the night turns for day in 2 minutes. there's some line or something on XML to change that? Thanks! (Sorry for my bad English, i'm still learning.)

I'm using The Worst mode + patch 1.03.

12. Victim_Crasher

Victim_Crasher Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 560 Ti 1 GB
    :D

Btw thanks for the back up :)

Superb :banana:

Thanks a lot jim2, you're the best :D

It does, so don't worry
    Install it
    Profit :banana:

Agreed :)

13. BradleyW

BradleyW Master Guru

GPU:
    R9 290X CFX
    This will be fixed on 0.8v.

14. Quentin's_SweetFX

Quentin's_SweetFX Master Guru

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE R9 OC 270X 4GB
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I am getting low fps on every setting why?. so i can only use smaa now... Why?

15. Victim_Crasher

Victim_Crasher Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 560 Ti 1 GB
    Nice SS... but i actually like that too... now i can only play all high but not ultra :bang:
    Maybe because Ubi has slightly increased the visual... (Or so i think)

=================

Another Screenshot.... sorry TW if i'm bombarded your thread with my SS.... just lemme know if this is annoying... and i'll stop SS-ing :)

I'm using VAAS' one because i like closer DOF haha :banana:
    This is 350x350 thumbnail so i hope it doesn't make user a problem with scrolling :)

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Texture : High
    Aliasing : FXAA
    LOD : High
    Shadows : High
    Reflection : High
    AO : MHBAO
    Motion Blur and DOF are On
    Water : Ultra
    Shader : High

Well... i only have med VGA :nerd:

16. Plissken

Plissken Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX 980 Strix
    @ damnedlife, bradley and godzillaGSPB,

I'd give it a try, but I'm not sure if distributing the official patch that can only be accessed through Uplay with a modification would be a good practice, so it's kind of a gray area for me and I would want to pass unless we find a way to get around that. You guys can feel free to unpack the files and use the cameracontext.lib file of your preference, though, or get some help to do that. Maybe Vaas can help you out with that, some of the values in my compilation belongs to him anyway.

Besides, I'm so done with this game I'm just going to try to help you guys out from now on and test the major TW and Kad releases just for curiosity's sake. Won't play the game on my PC at all, as it's obviously not meant to be played on a PC.

17. octomot

octomot Member

GPU:
    Asus Radeon HD7870 2GB
    I play around with different settings today, this seems a good combination for me so far:

TheWorse0.7+upd1.3+BossDoFv2 (far camera)
    sweetfx -Awakening E3 2012
    all ultra@1080p@temporal smaa

u can feel the sun upon your skin, perhaps we need bathing suits :D
    an exellent thread btw! go on

is it possible that the sweetfx "breaks" the v0.7 config?

18. BradleyW

BradleyW Master Guru

GPU:
    R9 290X CFX
    I guess since we are using the legit copy, Ubisoft would not mind. I can always provide evidence of the legit copy if required.

19. Alexcifer

Alexcifer Banned

GPU:
    MSI GTX 760 OC 2GB
    Okay, so I reinstalled the tweak like everytime ( the new version "designed" for 1.3)

And now you're asking " Why "designed" ?"

Well, because it doesn't work as perfectly as before. It's lagging a lot, and I have to put my settings down to high, and it still lagging, even if I put on read only and untick some elements like DoF and motion blur. And when I'm running on the untweaked version on the game, I can set everything in Ultra, no lag, no rage, no problems.

So I know this solution is not definitive, and I'm hardly waiting for a 0.8 designed tweak for this new update ( Keep going, TheWorse ), and hope it will be released before the 30th for some reasons, one that I won't tell, and the second that I'll tell, because I'll work this summer and I want to enjoy my game with another way than the Ubisoft nerfed one, because I like dynamic shadows.

By the way, I'm following this thread since a while, but I don't follow when you're talking about Vanilla. What's that ?

20. Dgtlhrt

Dgtlhrt Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 770
    o0o0 can you please share the version with the far camera? I only have/could find normal camera.

Please??? thanks! you will be very appreciated!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.