After hours testing... Watch Dogs (E3 Bloom effect working)

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by TheWorse, Jun 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheWorse

TheWorse Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX680@1300/6900
    I'm using the steam version of the game maybe that's why the game works better for me and other people, uplay seems to be working bad with the game

2. rubenmartin

rubenmartin Member

GPU:
    Asus GTX770 @1320mhz
    i have steam version also u need uplay to work as yours.

any difference after fckin useless patch.

3. Nanwu

Nanwu New Member

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 780
    I bet you guys have already read this news.

Ubisoft Explains Why Watch Dogs On PC Had Hidden Graphics Files

The dev team is completely dedicated to getting the most out of each platform, so the notion that we would actively downgrade quality is contrary to everything we've set out to achieve. We test and optimize our games for each platform on which they're released, striving for the best possible quality. The PC version does indeed contain some old, unused render settings that were deactivated for a variety of reasons, including possible impacts on visual fidelity, stability, performance and overall gameplay quality. Modders are usually creative and passionate players, and while we appreciate their enthusiasm, the mod in question (which uses those old settings) subjectively enhances the game's visual fidelity in certain situations but also can have various negative impacts. Those could range from performance issues, to difficulty in reading the environment in order to appreciate the gameplay, to potentially making the game less enjoyable or even unstable.

Thanks for playing Watch Dogs and stay safe on the mean streets of Chicago.

-The Watch Dogs Team

4. d875j

d875j Member Guru

GPU:
    X2 R9 390 Dual GPU
    So will you release 0.8 soon?

5. chainspoon

chainspoon New Member

GPU:
    7800 Series
    I checked your posts and you posted several links.....Could you tell me which one is it exactly? And is it with ultra preset? Thanks.:)

6. d875j

d875j Member Guru

GPU:
    X2 R9 390 Dual GPU
    Also someone upload the USA steam version of patch i want to see what's difference from my Uplay version.

7. soulfire92

soulfire92 New Member

GPU:
    ASUS HD7950 dcuii top 3GB
    The ubi patch overwrites 0.7 mod :(

8. nicolaj

nicolaj Member

GPU:
    That's not really surprising now is it? It would be pretty common for mods to be affected when installing an update.

9. sulaiman.almani

sulaiman.almani New Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 780 OC 3gb
    I have not been following this thread from the start. So can anybody please tell me which links to use to get every feature of the Mod+Ultra setting??

10. TheWorse

TheWorse Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX680@1300/6900
    Sorry if the screenshot contained personal info, if anyone wants to see the message it has to be without the personal info.

Edit: screenshot without any personal info, this should not affect the user in any way by showing this message, just to clarify what actually happened before.

[​IMG]

This is the only time I'm doing this.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2014

11. DamnedLife

DamnedLife Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 290X TRI-X OC
    Sorry but I don't need him to make me hate you! You are just more calmer but have a bigger ego than Kadz and succesfully baited him to be angry WHILE your newbie 0 post recruits from Argentina crapped his thread to be closed while you left standing with MINIMAL IMPROVEMENTS added on your stolen mod. I'm from Turkey btw before accusing öe of being Kadz friend and an outsider to modding. But Timestamps do not lie. Kadz have videos of bloom and stuff before you created an account here. Also his latest bloom is nothing like yours, while yours is stolen from his first versions with just an added bloom.lib of his.

12. Joe Pae

Joe Pae Member

GPU:
    R9 270x 2gb
    damn this became an real drama .... both of you didnt invent nothings the library are not created by you (the both), the extraction was done even before both was comming in this forum, in this point i will say both "steal" , but its not like that cause somethings free in the net cant be stealed ...

13. Nexxus Img

Nexxus Img Banned

GPU:
    GTX 680 SC Signature+ SLI
    Hi 1st of all I wanted to thank OP for this mod/patch I love it and actually restarted the game to play it with it. So thanks TheWorse. That being said I have one major MAJOR issue that I feel you should address not only for balance, but also so Ubi Soft is not motivated to try and find a way to disable this mod.

Your camera pull back modification, I dont think you should include this in the future, it allows the person using it a wider FOV (however marginal) then they would normally have and may allow someone to see a hacker in an online session they would otherwise miss.

While I am not a fan of that idea from a player perspective I feel it is all the reason in the world for UbiSoft to try and put a stop to the development of the mod or consider it a cheat effectively cutting mod users off from the online game (imo the best factor of the game) or risk a ban or otherwise somehow just make it much more of a pain in the ass to enable.

Thanks again for the development I look forward to seeing it progress but I do ask you take what I said into consideration so a major part of the game isnt locked out to those who want to have the game look ..as far as I am concerned simply fantastic.

14. ericthedreamer

ericthedreamer New Member

GPU:
    geforce gtx680m 4gb
    Have not played the game after i coulnt load my save game.had the 90% bug.
    But i installed the update and after that put the mod over it and so far no bugs yet works perfectly. Im happy

15. TheWorse

TheWorse Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX680@1300/6900

I said I modified the default files from watch dogs, I never said I created anything, the screenshot is to clarify the actual proof of me not stealing anything, if they want to use the files I've modified its ok! I'll be happy with it :)

And nexxus it doesn't matter if I put several cameras for the game, the online part of the game is really broken and a lot of people are using cheats to be invincible and such. But thank you for your comment!

16. PrinceIsDead

PrinceIsDead New Member

GPU:
    GTX 670 4GB
    Wft, where is bloom in last version?

17. tudort

tudort Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia Msi Gtx 580 1.5 Gb
    VAAS fixed the dof problem when changing car views , please put that also intro 0.8 . And maybe fix for flickering headlights at night . Thanks

18. Nexxus Img

Nexxus Img Banned

GPU:
    GTX 680 SC Signature+ SLI
    Oh I have no doubt that people are cheating but they will be dealt with as time goes on like all online games, I just dont want to see UbiSoft consider this to be one of the things they need to take care of in regards to cheaters.

19. durjoy184

durjoy184 New Member

GPU:
    I5-2500K @ 4.5GHz
    This is the one ur talking about?

TW0.7b+DoF.byVaas.Xml

i downloaded this one, but it doesnt have any DOF for driving or cover. Although ur post stated that it did. Did i download the wrong one or something?

20. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    Funny...the mod I've been using IMPROVED the performance noticeably while also enhancing the graphics whereas the official patch added nothing obvious apart from a version number of the main menu and actually made the stuttering/hitching WORST!!! Which is actually an incredible achievement really when you think about it! /rolls eyes

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.