After hours testing... Watch Dogs (E3 Bloom effect working)

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by TheWorse, Jun 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3090 Gaming X Trio
    You, sir, delivers :banana:

2. apple890

apple890 Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 760
    Too bad TheWorse got all the credit, I mean, look at KADZAIT'S mod :

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. TheWorse

TheWorse Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX680@1300/6900
    Go ahead, use his "mod", don't use mine. Talk what you want, but don't post anything else related to stealing. Proof is there, take it or not. Now get back on topic. People talking about stealing and no proof at all will get reported.

4. apple890

apple890 Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 760
    reposted below

Last edited: Jun 20, 2014

5. styckx

styckx Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti XC Ultra
    Ugh.. I wish both of you would just go away.. This forum has turned from a organized self moderated great read to romper room ever since this stupid mod crap sprung up.

6. Saikusu

Saikusu Banned

GPU:
    It was on topic though. You trash talked him and I just responded. Also there are 155 pages of spam about nothing. There has also been no update in 4 days.

7. Bittereye

Bittereye New Member

GPU:
    EVGA 680 Classified 4GB
    Hi Vaas,

I tried your mod but DoF only works while walking for me. When I went into Cover DoF deactivated. Am I missing something?

8. Zarzelius

Zarzelius Member

GPU:
    Radeon HD 6670 1G DDR5
    Sure, you are right. Now back on topic, can you please post screenshots or a video of the mod progress WITHOUT any sweetFX because that is the only way for us to see and compare the changes to the current status of the mod.
    We all have our own prefered sweetFX presets , as we do with many other games, so no need to use it for the updates.
    Of course, if it isnt 2 much trouble that is.
    Thanx!

9. apple890

apple890 Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 760
    So by your logic, you should be reported.

10. TheWorse

TheWorse Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX680@1300/6900
    I don't make too many versions of something that looks the same, I took time to upload different versions and ensure everything is working correctly, If you don't like what I do, then use someone else mod.

11. Quentin's_SweetFX

Quentin's_SweetFX Master Guru

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE R9 OC 270X 4GB
    Jim lolllllll

During my time helping people install icenhancer mods. Since iCEnhancer 1.2... I notice a lot of egos there also..but still the mods turned out great because a few helped one way or another. And i think for the sake of this game and the mod. Who ever knows how to use it should help. So far yourself Jim, Vaas, Maldo and the worse has gave us something better than Ubisoft. So if that other guy want's to get into the action with ye, why not. Enemy's can become friends very easy.. They just need to grow up :) And from what ubisoft just said, The game is in your hands because they are not unlocking them files!

12. Noctisky

Noctisky Member

GPU:
    GTX 770 2gb
    How to enable Uber Ultra ??

13. sabya

sabya New Member

GPU:
    Geforce GT 630m 2GB DDR3
    I'm new to this forum and unaware if this is the board to ask this but still

I can't seem to get sweetfx working in 64 bit along with this mod since I know sweetfx only supports 32 bit but can be made to work with 64 bit by radeonpro but it supports only amd cards and I own a NVidia one or using a particular modder's 2 dlls.....but whenever I try to do so watch dogs crashes..may be you can help

14. Zarzelius

Zarzelius Member

GPU:
    Radeon HD 6670 1G DDR5
    Use RadeonPro to use sweetFX with 64 bit systems. Even if u have nvidia card, it will work as a charm :)

15. KrAzZiiHaMzZii

KrAzZiiHaMzZii New Member

GPU:
    GTX 780 SC 3gbs
    Dude i ****ing hate Ubisoft for this today when i click play to start the game it downloaded a patch... i'm guessing thats the patch they were talking about... and it ****ed everything up i had TheWorse mod working perfectly and now its back to the same ****ty as game... please TheWorse figure something out for them cuz your mod worked best for me and now im back to shuttering and no DOP... not even any Bloom... wtf is Ubisoft doing!

16. sabya

sabya New Member

GPU:
    Geforce GT 630m 2GB DDR3
    I tried to use it but whenever the 32/64 bit is selected the game crashes on first run

17. VAAS

VAAS Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus R9270OC 2Gb
    I noticed this already, trying to fix.

Thank's

18. Quentin's_SweetFX

Quentin's_SweetFX Master Guru

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE R9 OC 270X 4GB
    Yea what Zarzelius said... RadeonPro works with both cards:)

19. Plissken

Plissken Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX 980 Strix
    VAAS,

Seems like your mod is only high-graphics compatible. When I crank the graphics up to ultra, which probably bypasses your tweaks, the game switches itself back into the the ugly stuttering mess it is.

With your mod, the stuttering is not completely gone but it's quite playable, with 1-2 fps drops when it stutters.

But with vanilla high, my config gives me the same performance. It stutters much less, with 1-2 fps drops when it happens.

I'll conclude that your tweaked version uses high global settings with LOD being lower than high (and masked with DOF). Not disrespecting your work here, and I bet it was quite a task but I'm not sure if the guys here saying that your latest dat/fat compilation has been the ultimate problem solver understands that the issue here is not running the game on high at a good frame rate; but running the game on ultra (with texture quality set to high if need be) at a reasonable framerate on PCs that should have chewed and swallowed this game's graphics for breakfast. That's still not possible, not with the latest official patch, nor with your or anybody else's tweaked files. The only shot that could ever save the PC version was the long-awaited performance patch and Ubisoft fired a blank. It's just not gonna happen.

This game is just a gigantic mess and I'm starting to feel like every bit of the effort you fine gents are putting into the modding of this game is in vain, as it'll most probably always run unbearably poor and as long as it runs bad, the eye candy doesn't really matter.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2014
  20. sabya

sabya New Member

GPU:
    Geforce GT 630m 2GB DDR3
    Did the patch get released I heard it released only on ps as of now

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.