After hours testing... Watch Dogs (E3 Bloom effect working)

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by TheWorse, Jun 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. neoglow

neoglow Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX670 FTW SLI x2
    Ok, Im writing this Q&A for TheWorse and his Watch Dogs graphics mod as so many people are asking the same questions even though TheWorse and other forum users have answered
    them over and over again. Hopefully this will help TheWorse out, if I need to make any corrections, please let me know.

1. Where can I download the mod?

The latest version of the mod (0.7) can be found here:

Mega link - mega.co.nz/#!fJ4yGQba!GlwwO6Kyc4XOGT16wWF4eDwfednLTlEKpnZUc6NKamI

Mediafire Link - mediafire.com/download/ixbwtdbxx1cwqw9/TheWorse_Mod_(0.7+Fix)_for_Watch_Dogs.rar

The older version (0.6) can be found here: mediafire.com/download/k74681m7v96ek8z/TheWorseMod(lol)_TEST.rar

2. What does the mod do?

Included in this mod(not all features are available yet):

-Changes to the default fog values
    -Enabled bokeh DOF for the main cameras
    -Stuttering Improvements
    -E3 2012 Bloom
    -Performance Improvements
    -Enabled Headlight Shadows
    -LoD Changes
    -Reflection changes
    -Added 3 new cameras to the game(closer, normal, further)
    -Rain changes(High quality rain drops, properly reacting to light, etc)
    -LensFlares(WIP)
    -Lighting changes(TESTING AND WIP)
    -Civilians density changes

And many more things.. SOON.

3. How do I install the mod?

* Download your chosen mod version (0.6 or 0.7) from the links above.
    * Use a program such as Winzip, WinRAR, 7-Zip, Windows built in unzipper or your preferred program to extracted the downloaded zip file.
    * Once extracted, you will find 3 folders, they are called:

Closer Camera
    Far Camera
    Normal Camera

The names of the folders above mean the distance the camera is away from the character (Aiden Pearce). So, the Closer Camera means the camera view is closer to Aidens
    back/shoulder, Far camera means it is further away so you see more of Aidens body and Normal Camera is the normal default view.

* Choose the folder that matches the camera view you want.
    * Inside you will find 2 files - patch.dat and patch.fat (If there is another folder in here called patch_unpack, I think you can ignore it as the only 2 files you need are
    patch.dat and patch.fat.

* Copy and Paste these two files into the folder called data_win64 that is in your Watch Dogs install directory. For example C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\WATCH_DOGS or whereever
    you have the game installed on your computer. So to clarify, the 2 files need to go into the data_win64 folder. You will notice there are many .dat and .fat files already in
    there from when the game was installed.

* (Optional step) TheWorse designed this mod with the Ultra setting in mind to recreate the visuals from what was seen at E3 2012. To recreate this quality of graphics, the Ultra setting is recommended.
    It should be noted that many - if not all - of his mods will still work in the other graphics settings too, eg, Low, Medium and High. These 'overall' graphics settings
    of Low, Medium, High and Ultra is the first option in the Advanced Graphic Settings in the Main Menu in Watch Dogs.

You can also edit the GamerProfile.xml file found in C:\Users\(username)\Documents\My Games\Watch_Dogs\(long number)\GamerProfile.xml with Notepad, Notepad ++ or your
    chosen program if required but Im not 100% sure if this is required. Follow these steps:

* Open GamerProfile.xml with a text editor such as Notepad or Notepad ++.
    * Find the line that begins <RenderProfile (it should be the 3rd line down from the top).
    * On this line you will find Quality="xxx"
    * Instead of "xxx" you will see either "low", "medium", "high", "ultra" or "_runtime"
    * Change this value to Ultra. For example, change Quality="_runtime" to Quality="ultra"
    * Save the file and exit.
    * Launch the game.

As I said earlier, the above step may not be necessary to all users but when you change the Quality="xxx" value, you are simply using a different method to change the 1st option
    in the Advanced Graphic Settings in the Main Menu in Watch Dogs. Eg, you could just do it ingame rather than editing the GamerProfile file.

* If you are experiencing some problems, after copying the 2 mod files (patch.dat and patch.fat) to the data_win64 folder. Try deleting the GamerProfile.xml file before launching
    the game as this will force the game to rebuild the .xml file. Use the ingame Advanced Graphic Settings to change the 1st option to Ultra.

4. Do I need SweetFX?

SweetFX is a seperate tool to TheWorse's mod but it can make the game look better. With TheWorse's mod in the vanilla game it does look a lot better but with SweetFX, it can look
    even better still. You have to remember that TheWorse has altered grpahical features in the Watch Dogs game engine, for example: enabling dynamic shadows in vehicle headlights etc.
    SweetFX can alter things such as Brightness, Contrast, Gamma and many other things and works with all games, not just Watch Dogs. So to make Watch Dogs look more realistic and work
    alongside TheWorse's mod, download a SweetFX preset of your choice and use it.

5. How are people making these artisitc screenshots in Watch Dogs?

The Cheat Engine is a program that allows players to manipulate a game whilst playing, it is basically the same as a 'Trainer' but with the Cheat Engine people can create custom
    made Cheat Tables (.ct files) to do different things. For example, enabling 'freecam' so you can move around the game world and see your character from different angles instead of
    the default view behind Aiden Pearces shoulder. It can do so many other things but it needs someone to know how to find these abilites and share the Cheat Table with others so they
    can use it also.

A forum member on Guru3D - jim2point0 - made a Cheat Table for Watch Dogs and it can be downloaded here: dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9739867/watch_dogs_screenshots.CT
    This cheat table allows users to change the FOV, move the camera freely, pause the ingame world and change the time of day.

To actually use the Cheat Table in Watch Dogs you first need to get it working.
    jim2point0 has kindly made a guide for his Cheat Table, it can be found here: deadendthrills.com/forum/discussion/221/watch-dogs

I also recommend you search on Google or Youtube etc to find a guide on using Cheat Tables you have downloaded for a game for future reference.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2014
  2. Sunset

Sunset Maha Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 3070 TE OC
    yes i edited my version of sweetfx

3. Downtown

Downtown Guest

GPU:
    GTX770 4GB 1300/7800
  4. Zarzelius

Zarzelius Guest

GPU:
    Radeon HD 6670 1G DDR5
    Hey guys. I just wanted to ask a questions for those using the sweetFX on Watch Dogs. Im using x360CE emu for the game since i dont have an Xbox controller. It is working great with some minor tweaks but the thing is as soon as i try to get sweetFX to work, it conflicts with the controller emulator and i have to choose to use either and not both together :S
    Anyone else having that sort of issue?
    Thanx in advance!

5. Krakenous

Krakenous Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 760 2GB
    So the PC patch is coming in a few days.

Back up your files just in case they remove the ability to tweak these settings! Who knows WHAT will happen...

6. Zarzelius

Zarzelius Guest

GPU:
    Radeon HD 6670 1G DDR5
    Well, if you think about it , it's possible that some of the "fixes" the patch is said to contain will alter some files that are indeed being changed by some mods. Still, i would prefer a proper patch from ubisoft fixing the stuttering :S

7. Quentin's_SweetFX

Quentin's_SweetFX Guest

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE R9 OC 270X 4GB
    Different time of day with my SweetFx and 0.7 mod

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Such beauty :)

8. Quentin's_SweetFX

Quentin's_SweetFX Guest

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE R9 OC 270X 4GB
    Now if i could only figure a way to get rid of that hud....Any helpers :)

9. jim2point0

jim2point0 Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix 2080TI
    For anyone using my Cheat Engine table, I updated it.

http://deadendthrills.com/forum/discussion/221/watch-dogs/p1

The scripts activate instantly now. The free camera no longer requires FOV to be active. I also added in a slow motion hotkey (alt+F3) in case you don't want to use Focus :p

A few shots:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Zarzelius

Zarzelius Guest

GPU:
    Radeon HD 6670 1G DDR5
    For Windows 7) Go to "C:\Users\UserName\Documents\My Games\Watch_Dogs\*\GameProfile.xml" (Or figure out where GameProfile.xml is stored in your PC) and open this GameProfile.xml in text editor like Notepad.

In '<GameProfile....</GameProfile>' change :

UseCompassMiniMap="1" UseRoadSignHilight="1" UseSubtitles="1" UseReticle="1" UseWaypoint="1" UseHintsAndTutorial="1" UsePdaNotification="1" UseMinimap="1" UseDynamicMission="1" UseItemAndRewards="1" UseMissionUpdate="1" UseFelony="1" UseEquipmentAndTools="1" UseAmbx="0"

to

UseCompassMiniMap="0" UseRoadSignHilight="0" UseSubtitles="0" UseReticle="0" UseWaypoint="0" UseHintsAndTutorial="0" UsePdaNotification="0" UseMinimap="0" UseDynamicMission="0" UseItemAndRewards="0" UseMissionUpdate="0" UseFelony="0" UseEquipmentAndTools="0" UseAmbx="0"

Point is to set all these values to 0.

Now start your game and enjoy gameplay with clean screen with no hints, no compass, no subtitles etc. You can also turn off few things or all of these options inside in-game menu too, but this is quick way.

Don't forget to backup GameProfile.xml before making any changes and if you find game launch is overwriting your changes then set GameProfile.xml file into read-only mode but make sure you change it back before you try to change settings from inside game menus.

This is not mine , ive taken it from
    (triple w)gamepur dot com/guide/14793-how-disable-hud-head-display-watch-dogs-windows-pc

11. Quentin's_SweetFX

Quentin's_SweetFX Guest

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE R9 OC 270X 4GB

How are you taking the pictures with 2k/4k and how did you get rid of the hud

12. Zarzelius

Zarzelius Guest

GPU:
    Radeon HD 6670 1G DDR5
    @Kop4ever

read a couple posts above, i already gave you the method to remove the hud :)

13. jim2point0

jim2point0 Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix 2080TI
    They're taken at 5120x2880. That's > 4K :p

I get rid of the hud by pressing the smartphone button and taking a screenshot when the HUD disappears for a second.

You can also permanently remove it in the config, but I actually like having the HUD for normal gameplay.

14. hacknham

hacknham Guest

GPU:
    GTX780SC 3GB
  15. Quentin's_SweetFX

Quentin's_SweetFX Guest

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE R9 OC 270X 4GB
    I already know about that method. But it does not work for me

16. apple890

apple890 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 760
    jim2point0 my Cheat Engine keeps crashing/freezing, it doesn't work after I press anything once. I'm on Windows 7 x64-bit, any help?

17. Quentin's_SweetFX

Quentin's_SweetFX Guest

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE R9 OC 270X 4GB

They're taken at 5120x2880. but how are you doing this lol.. It's a strange res:)

18. vTune

vTune Guest

GPU:
    780 GHz 3GB (will oc soon
    here are some Panoramas :)

Heads up they are BIG!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. jim2point0

jim2point0 Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix 2080TI
    Nvidia downsampling. It's not strange. It's 2x my native.

Native = 2560x1440
    Max Downsampling res = 5120x2880

All my resolutions

There are methods for taking screenshots at even higher resolutions but they're a bit wonky.

20. Zarzelius

Zarzelius Guest

GPU:
    Radeon HD 6670 1G DDR5
    Sorry, didn't know that :S
    Then im at a loss, it works for me. Have you set up your file as read only? If not then , sorry i can't be of more help :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.