After hours testing... Watch Dogs (E3 Bloom effect working)

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by TheWorse, Jun 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Warpy

Warpy Master Guru

GPU:
    2X 980Ti Poseidon PLAT
  2. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 970
    Wait for the official patch! They stated today that they fixed the stuttering mess! At least found out why. Have to see if it's true.

Also all this new people.... :bang:

3. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    Setting Ultra preset in the game lowers the AO to HDAO+ I believe and if you set that manually to HBAO Low or High then the Quality setting in the XML file changes (presumably) to "_runtime" (basically the Custom preset in-game). I'm guessing that is why TheWorst specifically states in his opening post to edit the GamerProfile.xml manually.

4. LadyBrecky

LadyBrecky New Member

GPU:
    GTX 770 4Gb
    Can't post links due to account limits. But this reddit user merged them with also the surrender renabled change.

/r/watch_dogs/comments/28dgwf/watch_dogs_bug_fix_enable_surrender_mod_from_japan/ci9xi2l

5. TheWorse

TheWorse Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX680@1300/6900
    I can't answer all the comments but this is in general.

All of your problems including performance drops, bloom flickering or overwhelming etc will be fixed and there will be presets and options to choose when I get to make the config tool with MalDo!

As I said in the subreddit pcmasterrace along with the new version of the mod another patch file with be included with only the performance improvements and fixes.

6. bilago

bilago Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 660GTX
    I guess that would make sense, but since he is overwriting the games definition of "Ultra" preset, why wouldn't he just override the Ambient Occlusion himself and then the user wouldn't have to worry about any of that

7. DarwinAnim8or

DarwinAnim8or New Member

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 5670
    yay, new update soon :D (of this mod)
    Also good that Ubisoft will patch the stuttering soon.

8. Huxdeluxe

Huxdeluxe New Member

GPU:
    GTX 680 2 GB
    Do you have any idea when this might be coming out?

9. AxholeRose

AxholeRose Member

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon HD5970
    Wow, I took a break from the game after finishing it the first time to see what you can do with your mod, and I am amazed. You are the kind of people that investors love. They would just throw some money at you then just leave you to your work. Great job.

I just have one question though. I have the same card as you , but only the 2GB version. What is your textures setting? Your ground texture looks so sharp, but from my experience, that can only be achieved from the Ultra setting which causes stutter because it needs at least 3GB+. Whats your setting and how much VRAM do you have?

10. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080Ti
    Let's just be patient :)

11. thokkiano

thokkiano Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA Hybrid Titan XP 2016
    The most of the questions are silly questions. Just ignore them. You know what you need to know.

Thanks.

12. jim2point0

jim2point0 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix 2080TI
    I have the season pass but I don't have that outfit. Do I need to do anything special to unlock it?

13. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    I really don't know...I just followed the instructions that were given in the opening post and the mod works perfectly for me so I would assume they've been given that way for a reason, that reason being that it is the easiest way to ensure the mod works.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2014
  14. Lumicko

Lumicko Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA Gtx 780 Ti
    Ingame I set Motionblurr and DoF off. Then I go to gamerprofile I set quality from _runtime to ultra and then in game Motionblur and DoF is again on!!! Why?!! I think its because of the quality setting. Do I have to do it?

15. Quentin's_SweetFX

Quentin's_SweetFX Master Guru

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE R9 OC 270X 4GB
    If you use sweetFx you can sharping the textures that way too:)

16. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX5700 8gb
    Aha that's good news thanks, I saw that guide last night but as I have an Nvidia card I didn't follow through with it, I'll check it again :)

17. zhalonia

zhalonia Active Member

GPU:
    r9 290 4gb
    gonna try n upload my xml file with your 0.7 to get them nublets of yer back or atleast a few ;) got it right now didn't dare ask you theworse altho you said send me an inbox message and i will make a costum xml for you.. :) after them 118 pages i didn't dare ask noir send u an inbox message asking you ;) so i rally'd all my braincells and got it right :)
    gotta admit im pretty tired of all dem pages jees !

18. Huxdeluxe

Huxdeluxe New Member

GPU:
    GTX 680 2 GB
    You don't need to set the quality to ultra in the XML, all that does is set the game to ultra. The mod works fine anyways. If you want you can just edit the ultra preset in the XML to not includa motion blur and depth of field.

19. CongressBeta

CongressBeta Member Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX TITAN 6GB
    Kadzait and TheWorse just need to work together so we can have our ****ing E3 graphics.

20. mangaroo

mangaroo Master Guru

GPU:
    780 GTX Ti SC
    Hmm not that I recall but I remember reading users with similar problem. I personally saw it by going to a shop and I didn't need to pay in-game.

http://a.pomf.se/dkyowa.webm

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.