After hours testing... Watch Dogs (E3 Bloom effect working)

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by TheWorse, Jun 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VAAS

VAAS Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus R9270OC 2Gb
  2. GimmeDaGun

GimmeDaGun New Member

GPU:
    Geeforce GTX550Ti
    Concerning Civilan density

Hello Worse!

Sorry to bother you again with this, but I did not get an answer to my last post, or at least I can't find it. I noticed that there's a huge change in the civilian density in this mod. More precisely there are a lot less pedestrians on the streets of Chicago, maybe even a bit less vehicles on the roads too.

Is there a way to set it back to the normal density or make it even more dense if it's even possible? Actually I found this a problem in the game in the first place: there were too few npcs out on the streets.

Otherwise I love what you did with the game and looking forward to further improvements. I think I'm going to chip in with a bit of a donation for your hard work. You deserve it.

And don't bother with the negative remarks. There's a saying in Hungary which would translate to something like this: Only those people can be criticised for what they do, who actually are doing something.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2014
  3. Quentin's_SweetFX

Quentin's_SweetFX Master Guru

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE R9 OC 270X 4GB
    It happens to the best :)

4. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3090 Gaming X Trio
    Gave MaLDo patch a try (big fan of your work on Crysis :banana: ) and it's by far the best experience i've had with ultra texture. Stuttering starts when i'm being greedy and going for ultra shadow/reflections.

If i can provide any further useful information, i'll be glad to test anything you've got :nerd:

5. Y2000

Y2000 New Member

GPU:
    nVidia GT 430@830/1870MHz
    Guys, about headlights problems?
    it's normal?

6. kriller2

kriller2 Active Member

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 960 8gb
    Try these settings together with the files from the worse for colours "less brown"

NewBrightness="1" Contrast_v3="1.01" NewGammaRamp="0.88" GammaRampR="0.85" GammaRampG="0.95" GammaRampB="1.02"
    AmbientSkyOcclusionTreeOpacityR="0.88"
    AmbientSkyOcclusionTreeOpacityG="0.9"
    AmbientSkyOcclusionTreeOpacityB="0.96"
    E3_TUNING="0"

BTW nice work TheWorse, the response in the game are better now with my old rig :)

7. MikeG

MikeG Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 2080 Ti
    I read if you change DeferredFxQuality="console" to "pc" it improves the graphics very slightly. But it's hard to tell for me before or after the E3 unlock. If you're interested in trying it or maybe already have.

8. Chad711

Chad711 New Member

GPU:
    GTX770(2)/2GB
    Can someone help me understand what needs to be installed for this to work properly? I see there is three folders and I am suppose to pick the files out of one of the folders to use, depending on what camera I want to use, right? Well I want to use Normal camera and there is two files in there (patch.dat & patch.fat). Well in the Closer camera there is another folder called Patch_Unpack with a lot more files. So do I need to put those in the data_wind64 folder as well?

9. jesped

jesped Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1070
  10. GODzillaGSPB

GODzillaGSPB Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 760 TwFrz
    Much obliged. The distance-fog during daytime is too strong, but that's probably because TheWorse originally tuned it to use in conjunction with the distance DoF. And the bloom at night is insane.

But I'm guessing he's already working on 0.8 so there's no need to mess around with this. Waiting for the new version. :)

11. drakendu78

drakendu78 New Member

GPU:
    sli 690gtx
    how to have the most dense street ? pls

12. avivoni

avivoni Ancient Guru

GPU:
    560ti 448 classified
    this has brought new life to watchdogs. thanks theworse. im on 7970ghz getting 30-40 fps id like to know of others with amd.

13. VAAS

VAAS Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus R9270OC 2Gb
    how to stop this rain?? :D

14. betelgeuse36

betelgeuse36 New Member

GPU:
    Gtx 660ti
    thanks man!

15. kriller2

kriller2 Active Member

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 960 8gb
    • If you have a shortcut on your desktop right click on the icon to see where Watch dogs is installed on your PC.
    • Unpack the folder downloaded from this thread
    • Chose which files you want and copy the files named "patch..." and "patch..." into: Watch_Dogs\data_win64
    • Go to your documents folder "User:"yourname"/My documents/My games/watch dogs" and backup the file named "gamerprofile.xml"
    • Copy the file "gamerprofile" to the above location
    • Edit the file if you need to and save the file
    • Right click on the file and choose "Read only"
    • Launch game.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2014

16. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    Its a TOD specific for sure (WD uses dynamic whether system), looks like early morning when there is still fog around.

17. Chad711

Chad711 New Member

GPU:
    GTX770(2)/2GB
    Thanks but I'm curious to know what are the other files listed in the Closer Camera folder? There is more files in there then the other two folders.

18. kriller2

kriller2 Active Member

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 960 8gb
    You are welcome. My guess is it's just the "patch" files unpacked/decompiled, but maybe the modder can confirm this?

19. iangon

iangon Active Member

GPU:
    ASUS GeForce GTX 660 Ti
    I wonder if I have to install the mod Maldo? Does it change something in the game? If so, where do I find it? thank you

20. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800XT 16GB
    Since I cant run ultra on my 2gb 7850's everything is on ultra except textures. I avg 50fps with my gpus. Ofcoures 2x 7850 are 5-10fps faster then a 7970.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.