After hours testing... Watch Dogs (E3 Bloom effect working)

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by TheWorse, Jun 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pitou13

Pitou13 New Member

GPU:
    4G
    Hello,

Can anyone help me? or at least redirect me somewhere I could find a trouble shooting thread on how to make this mod work? Don't tell me to google it, I did, and all I find was "A modder found an amazing bla bla bla" 50 times.

2. al0258

al0258 Member

GPU:
    GTX 980 SOC G1
    i really want this mod
    so first thank you for all of your good work but i dont wand any camera change i just want the graphical improvements
    i know people asked this like a million times but can you re do the instructions and be more specific.
    what do i need to put where and do i need the folder "patch_unpack"?
    do i only choose one camera and this folder or you dont need it?
    if i want all the cameras do i need to delete the file and copy the other one from the diffrent folder?
    sorry if i sound dumm

3. mminedune

mminedune Member

GPU:
    If anyone taking hit if performance mess with shadow setting ultra seems to cut frames in half with this mod with me at least

4. vTune

vTune Member Guru

GPU:
    780 GHz 3GB (will oc soon
    I just played for a couple minutes to see if I installed sweetFX correctly (of course I didn't -.- ) and saw this little graphics "glitch". It's no big deal but just take a closer look at the cables.

[​IMG]

5. AH37

AH37 Member

GPU:
    Palit GeForce GTX 670 JS

here

6. bilago

bilago Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 660GTX
    My goal is to incorporate a one click install for TheWorse, just waiting to hear from him if he wants it.

7. VAAS

VAAS Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus R9270OC 2Gb
  8. Bhairava

Bhairava Master Guru

GPU:
    2x 5850
    uplay://launch/274

:bang::bang::bang::bang:

9. Quentin's_SweetFX

Quentin's_SweetFX Master Guru

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE R9 OC 270X 4GB
    Just a picture to show of the no-hud :D

[​IMG]

10. Goldie

Goldie Banned

GPU:
    evga 760 4gb sli
    haha :D
    nice.

11. bilago

bilago Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 660GTX
    Not your watch_dogs shortcut, but the shortcut to the actual uPlay program.

12. Major_Kalu

Major_Kalu New Member

GPU:
    GTX 680 TFIII
    The graphics are increasingly awesome, I'm really enjoying playing well.

Now it seems a real watch dogs.

Google translator

13. durjoy184

durjoy184 New Member

GPU:
    I5-2500K @ 4.5GHz
    Hey dude, i was a fan of what you did with crysis 3. I remember how horribly the game ran but u tweaked some settings in the CFG files and got rid of some high demanding effects which barely gave any graphically improvements but yet took a lot of power. Disabling those useless things gave me like a 20fps boost without loss of any graphical fidelity.

My request is, could u not do the same for WD and in ur own way optimize it? Hey if u got the time why not help us newbies out :p

14. Ridner

Ridner New Member

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon R9 280x
    Guys I tried the game without the patch and the timescale is different... With the worse mod it's too short. Someone can help me to set it?

15. iangon

iangon Active Member

GPU:
    ASUS GeForce GTX 660 Ti
    Oh nice!
    Thank you! :)
    I'm going to try this after work!

16. CongressBeta

CongressBeta Member Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX TITAN 6GB
    That's why I put a TOO at the end.

17. bilago

bilago Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 660GTX

I already created this, but mind you it will conflict with this mod since I use the runtime setting.
    http://www.reddit.com/r/watch_dogs/comments/277v4h/tool_watch_dogs_setting_configuration_tool/

18. arias51

arias51 Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA 780 GTX Superclocked
    I think the confusion is that you are not explaining what you did very well "want to use it easy" gives no detail about anything... Want to use what easy? What happens if I don't use it? ect...

-It is my understanding you added/edited variables in the 'ultra' preset to make the game look different. In order to use these tweaks the preset HAS to be set to ultra and no graphics settings can be changed.

-If the ultra preset is not used 'Bloom & Headlight Shadows' will still work, but the various xml tweaks will not be available.

-If you use the 'Ultra' preset in game (and do not change any of the graphical settings), you do not need to edit your gamerprofile.xml.

- If you change your 'Quality=ultra' and make your Gamerprofile.xml 'read only' changing settings in game will only make them temporary. When you enter the game the next time, the settings will be reverted back to 'Ultra'

- None of the xml tweaks were used on any of the other graphics profiles (only ultra). So if you use Custom, Low, Med, High you will not see his XML changes only the bloom/headlights.

----

The Worse, I still think you should add the xml changes to the 'custom' profile as well (but don't define the quality, keep them as PC) that way people can use the ultra preset or custom and your changes will still work. Anyway, am I missing something there?

19. vTune

vTune Member Guru

GPU:
    780 GHz 3GB (will oc soon
    i have the same problem! once you modify the gamerProfile to disable HUD TheWorse' mod doesn't work anymore :(

20. Seguleh

Seguleh Member

GPU:
    GTX 770 2GB
    Gracias men

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.