After hours testing... Watch Dogs (E3 Bloom effect working) # Part 2

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by TheWorse, Jun 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Desmios

Desmios Member

GPU:
    8GB DDR3
    big mod

2. djvelho

djvelho Member

GPU:
    Club Radeon R9 270x 2gb
    i got this wierd bug where world freeze but i still can access map and menu. even try quicktravel. it works. video of it and then world freeze. i can exit the game if i want.

3. nd3e

nd3e Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 670 FTW 2GB
    See my solution:

Or just run the tool as admin

4. Sinji

Sinji Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA 980ti Hybrid
    @Lunayah

Tested your tweaks and they work great! Thought the stutter problems would return if I abanded the Maldo textures, but that's not the case. I'm really glad the trees are relieved of their ADHD :p

Maybe good to note that I use ultra textures instead of high. (But I have a 4GB memory GPU so this might not be stutterfree for everyone)

You mentioned changing the XML file but some of these parameters aren't available in my XML, like:

HDR="1"
    SuperSampling="1"
    HighPrecisionNormal="1"
    RenderSplashes="1"
    RenderRain="1"

How much of an impact are these settings?

5. S1Lent40

S1Lent40 Member Guru

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 780 ACX 3g
    So what size is the uplay patch? Do we need a different version?

6. Android

Android New Member

GPU:
    AMD Radeon R9 290 4GB
    I Installed The Worse's Mod 0.8 and it says Watch Dogs Path Not Defined :(

7. nd3e

nd3e Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 670 FTW 2GB
    Some screens (2.880px × 1.620px)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. nd3e

nd3e Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 670 FTW 2GB
    rtfm!

9. remicius

remicius Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 2080 Ti
    there is no path.dat file in the data win 64 folder,it is create a patch.dat file and if iam right a patch.fat file.What to do to get the path.dat file.i did everything followed the instructions.

10. arias51

arias51 Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA 780 GTX Superclocked
    I have added another download link for those that don't/can't use Mega Upload.

It contains the official 0.8 modification. This is an United States East Coast Server. Feel free to download from my site, no registration is required.

DOWNLOAD LINK

Last edited: Jun 26, 2014

11. nd3e

nd3e Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 670 FTW 2GB
    It's obviously a typo. You don't need a "path.dat" file.
    patch.dat and patch.fat. Thats all you need.

12. cmh175

cmh175 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 770 Classified
    I did some testing with the new release and this is what I've seen so far. To start with I've only played past the opening mission so I could run around the city to test the mod. Otherwise I haven't gotten very far at all. For the mod I set everything to either on or the highest configurable setting, and used the Normal Camera option. The in game graphics are set to Ultra.

The graphics look great. So much better than vanilla and either better or comparable to v0.7. The characters and the city look just awesome.

The dynamic shadows are a big improvement over v0.7. They seem more fluid and solid, than just sort of there like before.

The games performance is easily the biggest improvement to this mod. Vanilla is unplayable on high, and v0.7 looked great on Ultra and high, but either way I couldn't keep a car on the road and not wipe out groups of people. I stole a Porche and this time was able to go speeding through the city streets and highways without running off the roads or driving into peoples houses. The frame rate does drop some, but driving doesn't tank performance so that it's unplayable anymore. Hell for the first time it was fun.

The rain looks off, v.07 looked better. The rain doesn't seem to fall in any one direction, it's going in every direction and looks more glitchy than anything else. The rain effect on the ground, characters, and objects though does seem better. It's just the actual rain fall.

I've heard people complain that Aiden's jacket no longer moves while running or anything like that. I did not see that. It seems normal to before and blew all around when I stole a Harley motorcycle and went speeding down the high way.

The wind effects look great. The trees, grass, and bushes all look very detailed and seem to move quite believably.

All in all it's a massive improvement and I'm looking forward to seeing what v0.9 and the completed 1.0 have in store. Great work guys.

13. MaLDo

MaLDo Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080
    I will fix that popup under ui bug for people with "data execution prevention" activated, fter my vacation time.

People with texture aliasing please post screenshots. Almost every texture has mipmaps now.

14. GODzillaGSPB

GODzillaGSPB Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 760 TwFrz
    Very cool!

15. BradleyW

BradleyW Master Guru

GPU:
    R9 290X CFX
    Ambrose club had bad aliasing for me. (Outside the club, all the lights were aliasing)
    Can I ask, does 0.8v contain Ubisofts patch?

16. Madfighter27

Madfighter27 Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 780 TI EVGA OC
    My 780 TI is a 3gb card, so I play on ultra with the changed settings on those parameters and the frame rate seems to be no different. Not sure what it does either, I haven't done a comparison.

17. Iron-IC-Man

Iron-IC-Man Banned

GPU:
    HD7970 (Dual-X) 3GB 1.2V
    Is there a fix for the Tree's Yet ?

18. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    I was wondering the same, trees are twiching all the time. :D

19. SoloCreep

SoloCreep Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 TI
    From what I can tell when I unpack the mod. It appears that the Ubisoft patch has already been combined with the mod. So I am going to say YES.

20. Lunayah

Lunayah Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 670SLI
    they all have an effect on graphics. I will upload a new setting soon

just copy this from gameprofile to gameprofile and dont forget to replace the right lines:

Code:
    <GamerProfile bFirstUplayBoot="1" bFirstMPBoot="1" bNeverShowUplayFlow="0" bAskAgainLaterToS="0">
    	<SoundProfile MusicEnabled="1" GlobalVolume="100" MusicVolume="80" LicencedMusicVolume="80" SFXVolume="100" VoiceVolume="90" AutoplayMusicInVehicles="1" VoiceChatEnabled="1" VoiceChatPlaybackVolume="50" />
    	<RenderProfile PCCustomTextureQuality="medium" PCCustomAntialiasingQuality="temporalsmaa" RAWCPUScore="1789.86" AlphaToCoverage="1" ResolutionX="1920" ResolutionY="1080" Quality="ultra" QualityEditor="pc_editor" WindowMode="2" WindowPosX="-1" WindowPosY="-1" Force16_9="1" ForceWidescreen="0" WidescreenFOV="0" OutputScalingFactor="1" AspectRatio="0" VSync="0" MaxPrerenderedFrames="1" RefreshRate="120" MaxDriverBufferedFrames="0" ShowFPS="0" IsCalibrationSetup="1" ClustersZPassMaxLOD="1" NewBrightness="1" Contrast_v3="1" NewGammaRamp="0.94" GammaRampR="1" GammaRampG="1" GammaRampB="1" AllowAsynchShaderLoading="1">
    		<CustomQuality>
    			<quality ResolutionX="1280" ResolutionY="720" EnvironmentQuality="ultra" AntiPortalQuality="pc" PostFxQuality="ultra" TextureQuality="pc" TextureResolutionQuality="high" WaterQuality="ultra" ParaboloidReflectionQuality="ultra" DepthPassQuality="pc" VegetationQuality="ultra" TerrainQuality="ultra" GeometryQuality="ultra" LodDitheringQuality="pc" ShadowQuality="ultra" ShadingQuality="high" RoadQuality="pc" EditorQuality="pc" ParticlesQuality="ultra" DeferredFxQuality="console" HDR="1" SuperSampling="1" HighPrecisionNormal="1" RenderSplashes="1" RenderRain="1" MotionBlurQuality="pc" SSAOQuality="hbao+_high" DepthOfFieldQuality="pc" AntiAliasingQuality="temporalsmaa" id="_runtime" />
    		</CustomQuality>
    	</RenderProfile>
    	<NetworkProfile EnableNatTraversal="1" VoiceChatEnabled="1" OnlineEnginePort="9000" OnlineServicePort="9001" LanHostBroadcastPort="9004" LanClientBroadcastPort="9005" ScanFreePorts="1" ScanPortRange="1000" ScanPortStart="9000" />
    	<GameProfile Sensitivity="0.9" MouseLookSensitivityX="58" MouseLookSensitivityY="59" MouseInvertX="0" MouseInvertY="0" UseMouseSmooth="0" Smoothness="1" Sprint_UseToggle="0" Stroll_UseToggle="1" Gamepad_vibration="1" UseCompassMiniMap="1" UseRoadSignHilight="1" UseSubtitles="1" UseReticle="1" UseWaypoint="1" UseHintsAndTutorial="1" UsePdaNotification="1" UseMinimap="1" UseDynamicMission="1" UseItemAndRewards="1" UseMissionUpdate="1" UseFelony="1" UseEquipmentAndTools="1" UseAmbx="0" DifficultyLevel="1" IEn="1" NeutralFireEnabled="0" FriendlyFireEnabled="0" selGamepadControlScheme="0" CameraSpeedCoefficient="1" CameraSensitivityCoefficient="1" CameraInvertX="0" CameraInvertY="0" selAimAssist="1" selDifficulty="2">
    		<FireConfig QualitySetting="VeryHigh" />
    		<AutoConsoleCommands />
    	</GameProfile>

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.