After hours testing... Watch Dogs (E3 Bloom effect working) # Part 2

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by TheWorse, Jun 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. somebody2978

somebody2978 Member

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX 650 Ti 2GB AMP!
    The 0.8 install patch 1.03 of Ubisoft? I'm noticing that generates very small files where these do not contain the Maldo textures, as if these would not have the patch 1.03 included.

BTW, the Maldo textures in High generate shuttering, as if to consume more resources than the original textures. Also generates artifacts on the floor to distance.

2. TheWorse

TheWorse Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX680@1300/6900
    It has to be QUALITYHIGH, ultra doesn't work. Also not all of those shaders gets the effect applied.

3. Ferrera

Ferrera Guest

GPU:
    Palit GTX 770 2GB OC
    Aye.

4. iangon

iangon Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GeForce GTX 660 Ti
    Thank you for the excellent work guys: TheWorse, Vass and Maldo.
    I tested it last night I can not play Ultra (it does not matter), I still stuttering. The stuttering disappears when I optimize the game with Nvidia Geforce Experience and my average FPS is 40. Texture is medium. If I put the texture in "high" mode, I always stuttering. As I write this I'm not knocking your work, I am just giving feedback. You are amazing dude! Keep it up!

5. vovin999

vovin999 Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 Ti
    Have you tried putting geometry to medium in the gamerprofile?
    That did alot for my framerate.

6. machine4578

machine4578 Guest

GPU:
    GEForce GTX 660 2GB
    i am sure you are correct, but i did not change what was already there(just put back what was removed), my goal was to get back the the death phone zoom out and hands in pocket working after dying.. which seemed to fix it.

7. Game_Master

Game_Master Guest

GPU:
    GTX 770 WF3, 4Gb
    There is a mirror for downloading, MEGA stop downloading at 96%((

8. vovin999

vovin999 Guest

GPU:
    It is a popular download so I would imagine. Just wait a bit and try again.

9. flexinho

flexinho Guest

GPU:
    KFA2 RTX 3060 Ti 8G
    Are you working now on the wind problems with clothes and trees? These are more important, than the lighting. Would be great to hear that you fixed that. :banana:

10. iangon

iangon Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GeForce GTX 660 Ti
    Oh and by the way, I send a ticket to UbiSoft about the Stuttering in the game.
    And this is the answer :

In order to fully troubleshoot the problem that you are having, please try the steps below:

1. Disabling your background applications:

To do this, go to the Start menu on your desktop (or, if using Windows Vista/Windows 7 press the Windows key and the letter R at the same time)
    Type in MSCONFIG and press Enter
    Go to the tab, which says Start-up
    Click the option to Disable All
    Press Apply, then Close then pick the option to Restart

2. Clearing your temporary files:

To do this, go to the Start menu on your desktop (or, if using Windows Vista/Windows 7 press the Windows key and the letter R at the same time)
    Type in %TEMP% and press enter.
    Go to Edit and Select All.
    Go to File and Delete.

NOTE: If you are using Windows 7 or 8, to highlight the files you will need to press Ctrl + A together. Once the files are highlighted, you will need to press the Delete key.

3. Make sure the drivers for your video card, sound card; motherboard and processor are up to date. Running 2 cards in SLI or running 2 screens can also cause issues. Deactivate SLI or unplug any additional screens you may be using. If you are overclocking, try running at the stock clock settings.

If you could please provide a screenshot of the problem you are facing, it would help greatly. You can upload it to this ticket along with the files I am requesting below.

To better serve you, we need two files that are in your system (Direct X and MS System Information). These files report all drivers for your sound and video card, as well as other vital information about your system that will help us in resolving your problem.

First, make sure you have the latest version of DirectX installed on your system. Download the latest version of DirectX from http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=35.

After installing DirectX, follow these steps:

1. From Windows, click Start -> Run.
    2. In the Open box, type "dxdiag" (without the quotes) and click OK.
    3. Once the DXDIAG file is open, click on the "save all information...” button.
    4. Click the save button to save the file as a text file to your Desktop.
    5. Click on Start -> Run.
    6. In the Open box, type "msinfo32" (without the quotes) and click OK.
    7. When the program comes up, click on File. Click on Save.
    8. Click the "save" button to save the file as an .nfo file to your Desktop.
    9. Click on the URL (web link) for your incident in this email.
    10. Type in your Uplay login name and password and click Login. Click on 'My Questions' to find your incident.
    11. Click on the question you wish to update and click 'update question'.
    12. Type a response in the "Results and/or Additional Information" section.
    13. Click "browse" and find the "dxdiag.txt" you saved earlier and click Open.
    14. Click on the "Add Additional Attachments" button to attach the MSINFO32 file.
    15. Finally, click Update to complete the process.

If you receive an error when attempting to upload the MSINFO32 file stating that it is too large, you will need to compress it using either winzip or winrar. Once received, we will examine your system info and get back to you as soon as we can with a possible solution to your problem.

11. Assasin321

Assasin321 Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 680M 16GB VRAM
    How can I remove all of the 0.8 mod from my PC until there is fixes to the current problems I will just stick to 0.7.

Do I just delete all the 0.8 files and folder i downloaded?

12. ned91

ned91 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon HD 7970
    Gibbed.Disrupt.Pack not working with me...any solutions? i'm running windows 8..i try to run as admin i have the same problem :(

13. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 Ti
    I posted them hours ago :)

14. BradleyW

BradleyW Guest

GPU:
    R9 290X CFX

@TheWorse

Are you going to fix the Trees, Rain, Wind, Smoke, debris, coat physics and population density? All these things seem to be an issue with 0.8v.

Also, There seems to be a lot of aliasing on buildings when using Maldo's texture pack.

And please consult with Lunayah because he fixed the flashing prompt on hackable objects.

Thank you.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2014
  15. Babyfarts Mcgee

Babyfarts Mcgee Guest

GPU:
    GTX 680 2GB
    I keep getting this error ''ERROR - The given path's format is not supported''

What to do?

16. vovin999

vovin999 Guest

GPU:
    If you downloaded all of it, I think you will have to run verify cache to replace everything. If that doesn't work. Then delete the files (delete local content via steam) and redownload. If all you are using is the effects, and not the textures, I think it should suffice deleting the patch files and then verify cache so that steam reloads them from the last patch.

Or are you using uplay directly?

17. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 Ti
    That's a form copy and paste answer, always sent out as the first reply, weeds out the idiots.

18. flexinho

flexinho Guest

GPU:
    KFA2 RTX 3060 Ti 8G
    @Assasin321

I uninstalled the game and reinstalled it to have a clean, bugfree game. But the phone animation, after dying is still not back. You can try to just reinstall patch 1.03 from ubisoft, because i think TheWorse's Mod just makes changes in the patch.dat. Am I right?

19. vovin999

vovin999 Guest

GPU:
    Yeah if you want a real reply from them, you have to find some email addresses that are available on their site, but for other things.

20. MattBee2k2

MattBee2k2 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 770 ACX 2GB
    Look at my post a little further up on this page, it should help you out with your problem.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.