1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

After hours testing... Watch Dogs (E3 Bloom effect working) # Part 2

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by TheWorse, Jun 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SoloCreep

SoloCreep Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 TI
    He changed quite a few to a higher resolution. Here are couple before and after. As you can see , the default pics are blurry. MalDo's are crisp and not blurry at all. The Worse very first post says, the low res textures have been replaced with higher res. You just have to have an eye for detail. Most knuckle draggers wont notice the difference but I am one of those people who notice these things.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Sinji

Sinji Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA 980ti Hybrid
    Nice compositions on some of these screens, well done!

3. bluebluedude1

bluebluedude1 New Member

GPU:
    Geforce Gtx 550 Ti 1GB
    Problem with applying the settings for the .8 version of the mod.

Hello, I was wondering where the patch.fat file for the mod selection folder is. Everytime I try to change the settings it says that it can not locate the file. I also tried taking the patch.fat from the last mod and using that in place of the original. At first it worked just fine, but then I noticed the settings had not changed. So I redid what I just said and the game wouldn't start at all. Thanks for the mod and also keep up the good work.

4. Quest

Quest Member Guru

GPU:
    SLI GTX 770 JETSTREAM 4GB
    PLS CAN ANYONE SHARE GamerProfile.xml for Worse version mod

5. toxzl1

toxzl1 Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus 390X Strix
    I did both installation process with theworse sweetfx preset and they didnt work... it says d3d11.dll not found... im using w8.1

6. LambertoKevlar

LambertoKevlar Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus Gtx Titan
    what's the key for maldo's download?

7. Sinji

Sinji Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA 980ti Hybrid
  8. rubenmartin

rubenmartin Member

GPU:
    Asus GTX770 @1320mhz
    don't worry, try this, extract bin folder.

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=390465

im using also 8.1 64 bit.

9. pingchecker

pingchecker Member

GPU:
    evga 780 ti 3 gb

how did you get those explosions?

10. lordkahless

lordkahless Member

GPU:
    EVGA Titan X SLI
    Just saying thanks for your hard work! I've been running the mod since 0.6. For me 0.8 has made the game VERY dark. Don't know why but at night time if I am not in an area that doesn't have quite a bit of artificial lighting everything is black and I can't tell where anything is at because its all black. If i'm out in Pawnee where there is less lighting I can forget about doing anything because its all black. Never had this issue with 0.6 or 0.7. Also I don't know if its the mod or the Ubisoft patch but my stuttering is 10 times worse. Lastly I downloaded TheWorse's sweetFx profile for watch dogs but I don't see a watch dogs profile within it. It only lists Battlefield 3, some game i've never heard of, and Torchlight 2. No Watch Dogs. I ended up trying MaxFx profile and it looks pretty good. Game is still ultra dark in the lower light areas of the game.

11. ZongdeLin

ZongdeLin New Member

GPU:
    MSI R7850 1G
    thanks Theworse MOD

The MOD is great!!

12. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    Well I don't know why my game is running worse than others...perhaps it's because I'm using completely maxed out settings with 4xTXAA?

Before anyone tells me to lower the AA setting...I was previously playing the game on the EXACT same settings using TheWorse's v0.7+Fix mod and the game ran much smoother than v0.8 which only the odd minor stutter while driving. So the stutter fix TheWorse implemented in v0.7 worked far better for me than the one in v0.8. Of course, the game has since been patched so that may have something to do with it.

The stuttering was much worse post-official patch then it was with TheWorse's v0.7+Fix mod, that much I've confirmed, but I revalidated the files on Uplay and let the game repair Watch_Dogs to the vanilla version and the stutter is still there but it's actually nowhere near as bad as with this mod.

So what is going on with my system? :3eyes:

Obviously, the mod is just a beta at the moment and it will improve as people reports issues and they get fixed over time (such as the dancing trees!). I think I will try the mod once more but without the Ultra texture hack for the time being and see if that performs better.

13. Sub

Sub Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 650Ti Boost 2GB
    @TheWorse Everything is damn near perfect, the letting, the shadows, the level of detail and I truly love this Bokeh DOF but I only have one issue even after your fix, it's the trees... the wind system doesn't seem fully functional cause the tree's move unnaturally.

14. william456

william456 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Titan X
    Combine with kadzait24 mod 5.0 beta1 some feature

15. Raz3d

Raz3d Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 FE SLI
    Just downloaded this and tried it out. The rain doesn't seem to be as visible as before but I notice little differences from this version and the last version.

Screenshots are in the next post.

16. lordkahless

lordkahless Member

GPU:
    EVGA Titan X SLI
    I just realized the Maldo texture hack isn't installing for me with 0.8. When the dos window pops up to move the texture files it immediatly goes away. This is my install directory C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\games\Watch_Dogs
    It put the dada_win64 folder in it but it did not place a path.dat file in it. Is there a way to manually install the Maldo texture hack?

17. LambertoKevlar

LambertoKevlar Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus Gtx Titan
    i'm tryng to install it but this configurator doesn't work

18. Raz3d

Raz3d Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 FE SLI
    The Worst v0.8 patch + Maldo's High Textures and everything else ultra + downsampled resolution

Edit: Also using SweetFX. *Click here for my settings file*

Turn in-game brightness up if it's dark

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 25, 2014
  19. basagre28

basagre28 Member

GPU:
    AORUS GTX 1080 TI
    thank's THE WORSE for this mod!
    but guy's do i need to change something on the XML config file? coz im having some glithy edge on the buildings,cars,truck containers,i already try all the settings in AA and still have the same result, btw im using the one with MALDO'S TEX running it on 1360x768.
    thank's

20. Xilandro

Xilandro Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 780 DC2
    @Raz3d
    Insane shots. This is with SweetFX or vanilla?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.