After hours testing... Watch Dogs (E3 Bloom effect working) # Part 2

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by TheWorse, Jun 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. arathad

arathad Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970 (3,5 GB - lol)
    Everything is great except rubbish on the streets + Aiden's and people's clothes don't react to wind anymore :S.

2. GamerX7

GamerX7 New Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte 670 GTX 2 GB
    Hello MaLDo,

Which program and which program language have u used to programming the configurator tool for the mod?

Thank you, TheWorse and VAAS for the effort to create a nice mod, tool and texture patch :).

Best regards

GamerX7

3. Dgtlhrt

Dgtlhrt Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 770
    Same here. Do we need to have gibbed.disrupt installed before we use this or something?

4. Finrecon

Finrecon Member

GPU:
    ASUS R9 290x DCU II OC
    Here is a video with TheWorse 0.8 mod. it looks so much better now. I couldn't get any video during rain, sorry. You can see some stuttering in the the video, otherwise it runs smooth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0SZ30th0VU

Last edited: Jun 25, 2014

5. tahirahmed

tahirahmed Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X 4GB
    Hi TheWorse and MaLDo,

Great mod, thanks for all the effort and hard work.

Can you edit the first post and correct the "path.dat" with "patch.dat", I was looking for path.dat file but then realized that it created that big patch.dat.

Once again thanks and congratulations on great mod.

6. Feed_Bucket

Feed_Bucket Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 SC
    meh, I'll stick with what I got.

7. SoloCreep

SoloCreep Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 TI
    I wrote this a couple pages back.

NOTE: If you use MalDo's textures it may take awhile for the program to generate the patch. The black window "cmd prompt" will pop open and look like its not doing anything. Give it time. I have a 6 core CPU at 4.4 Ghz and it took well over a minute to make the patch.

If you do not wait for the window to close on its own you will get an error about the patch not being found..

8. octomot

octomot Member

GPU:
    Asus Radeon HD7870 2GB
    i really enjoy this at night
    absolut stunning!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

v0.8 + MalDo Texture FIX + Trees Fix + Ubisoft Patch fix

9. Kellan

Kellan Member

GPU:
    SLi MSi GTX780 OC
    Well, I have two problems

1st - It's constantly raining, every day.
    2nd - I can activate the Enhanced Lights on the WDTool, but when I close the program and I reopen again, this function is Off.

I'm trying to explain the best I can, so sorry for any mistakes...

10. xShafted

xShafted Member

GPU:
    GTX 760 2g VRam
    When Aiden dies, the loading screen doesn't fade in through his cell phone, it just "pops in" when he respawns. Is it possible to try & get a fix for this for the next 0.9 release? Also I still have the tree dance lol... Otherwise good work!

:bunch:

11. SoloCreep

SoloCreep Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 TI
    Delete.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2014
  12. Hologram

Hologram Member

GPU:
    GTX 780ti OC 3GB
    Posted these pages back. This is the first initial 0.8. Haven't tried the new version with Maldo's "fix" yet.

3200 x 1800 + Ultra + Temporal SMAA + No SweetFX

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. OverlordDoorpy

OverlordDoorpy Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 770 2GB
    Pretty good patch.

Stutter is barely noticeable and most of the environment looks very nice. I'm not sure if the tree bug is fixed but I suppose so if it's said in the OP. I still see some minor shadow flicker during the day.

Also if you want Ultra textures with good performance, put the Ultra Textures Hack to on and in the XML put textures to low. You'll get a better performance and stutter is almost completely eliminated and most of the textures are Ultra. Keyword being most.

14. styckx

styckx Maha Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti XC Ultra
    Tried it for poops and giggles.. I'll be sticking with Vanilla+SweetFX.. Looks and runs better

15. Dgtlhrt

Dgtlhrt Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 770
    Thanks solo, i found your post a page back after i posted asking, but even after installing XNA framework, i get gibbed.disrupt.pack has stopped working. No matter what, then if i click close program it says can't find patch.fat.

Is there another program needed for .fat files? I also ran as admin.. Any idea?

16. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    Thanks for all the hard work, TheWorse and MaLDo. The mod looks good but, alas for me, it is pretty much unplayable as the stuttering/hitching is actually worst than the patched vanilla version. More so while driving where the game just pauses for a split second then continues, but also running around feels jerky. Either it is worst or as bad as before post-patch. It definitely isn't as running as smooth as it was with the older v0.7+Fix mod.

Tested with exactly the same settings too...1920x1200, maxed out (Ultra textures, TXAAx4, HDAO+ High, capped to 30 FPS). I suspect it isn't the mod so much as the last patch which basically made the stuttering even worse than it was in the original release. Typical Ubisoft.

That issue aside, I also noticed a few oddities such as a potted plant in an car showroom blowing about as if it was windy...except it was indoors! I also noticed flickering headlights and when I first placed the game Aiden was stuck firing weapons and I couldn't put it away (I'm playing with the 360 controller). Quitting the game and reloading it fixed that so it may have been a controller hiccup.

Still, appreciate you trying and if this mod works for other people then that is a very good thing because I suspect that Ubisoft won't bother fixing it.

17. OverlordDoorpy

OverlordDoorpy Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 770 2GB
    I am disagreeing with you here. It looks better with this patch and I can put textures on Ultra with most stutter eliminated. Very fluid now.

18. Sinji

Sinji Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA 980ti Hybrid
    fixed that for you

19. Iron-IC-Man

Iron-IC-Man Banned

GPU:
    HD7970 (Dual-X) 3GB 1.2V
    What have you guys done .... what happen to the animation zoom out from phone ?
    after you die it loads and you get a zoom out form phone...

plus he doesn't put hes hands in pocket anymore ... seriously.

Leave stuff like that alone.

20. VAAS

VAAS Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus R9270OC 2Gb

thanks for all your help though :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.