After hours testing... Watch Dogs (E3 Bloom effect working) # Part 2

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by TheWorse, Jun 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mato87

Mato87 Banned

GPU:
    GB GTX 970 G1 Gaming
    whaaaaat ? are you for real?

2. flexinho

flexinho Master Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 RTX 2060 S 8GB
    It worked for me. If you can wait, TheWorse will soon release v0.97c with MalDo's textures included.

3. flexinho

flexinho Master Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 RTX 2060 S 8GB
    No need for that step. Just take the patch.dat or. fat and drag it on the Gibbed.Disrupt.Unpack.exe and a folder called patch_unpack will appear. When you're finished copying, just take this folder and drag it on the Gibbed.Disrupt.Pack.exe.

4. TheWorse

TheWorse Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX680@1300/6900
    Uploading 0.97c + MalDo textures right now. 0.97c without textures will be available after.

TonyMBR: That problem happens because once you enter an interior zone like a house or something, other files will be loaded. Like the fog, the lighting, the bloom, dof etc.

Anyways, with the reduced fog and increased interior fog, the transition should be smoother, instead of changing dramatically.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2014

5. Lardo

Lardo Active Member

GPU:
    R9 280x Toxic 3GB
    What i did was put the patch dat/fat files into the bin of the unpacker, then when i double click Gibbed.Disrupt.Unpack.exe it just opens cmd for a split second. No file appears also. Am i doing it right? :)

6. Cuban Legend

Cuban Legend Active Member

GPU:
    ASUS 770GTX DCU2-OC
    I would totally DL a version without fog. =)

7. al0258

al0258 Member

GPU:
    GTX 980 SOC G1
    im from israel there are sirens all day
    missiles are shot at us every few minutes

8. HeLL

HeLL Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX1080

Flexinho posted my first guide, later I simplified it, I will paste it here:

I'd like to thank again TheWorse for his mod, ¬°gracias! 0.97c looks awesome

9. TheWorse

TheWorse Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX680@1300/6900
    I can asure you that if you remove the fog completely, you literally destroy the atmosphere of the game. 0.97c has a really decreased fog, while increasing the interior fog for smoother transition as I said before.

10. tudort

tudort Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia Msi Gtx 580 1.5 Gb
    You are right . Will you release it tonight ? Keep up the good work . If you need mirrors or anything , I can upload to mega at high speed . Thank you !

11. flexinho

flexinho Master Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 RTX 2060 S 8GB
    Just take the patch.dat or patch.fat with your mouse and drag it onto the Gibbed.Disrupt.Unpack.exe. Then a file called patch_unpack will appear. Don't double click anything and no CMD stuff needed at all.

Good work! Don't remove the fog. It gives the game a real Chicago-in-autumn feel.

12. alessandrobutti

alessandrobutti Member

GPU:
    Gtx670 2GB
    it sounds good!
    If everything works fine as i suppose, this will be a great release!

Want to report a minor bug of 0.97 and 0.97B: when you enter in dark areas, especially internal ones (like in "racine office mission" after exiting his office, after the big guy, downstairs), the white highlighted objects like cameras have too much bloom. I think it's related to bloom and hdr regulations, but it's really a minor "issue". And maybe it will solve itself in 0.97c...

13. Cuban Legend

Cuban Legend Active Member

GPU:
    ASUS 770GTX DCU2-OC
    I'm not talking about doing a no-fog hack, absolutely not.

I'm talking about putting fog levels back to normal/vanilla for multiplayer visibility.

14. Boxer152

Boxer152 Member

GPU:
    r9 290 trix
    @TheWorse, is it normal when y install the sweetfx the performance drops 10fps?

15. cmh175

cmh175 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 770 Classified

16. tudort

tudort Active Member

GPU:
    Try tweaking the game before applying sweetfx for maximum performance/fps and the try the mod. Do you run it through radeon pro or the usual autorun injector ? The framedrop may very well occur due to settings and tweaking in sweetfx properties. Did you do them yourself ? I strongly recommend using a clean GameProfile after installing TheWorse 0.97C coming soon ....

17. tudort

tudort Active Member

GPU:
    For me MP is great . I don't have performance drops in MP and i'm running on high texture pack with a mixture of medium/high/ultra settings in graphics quality. Tweaking is your best friend here , find out which configuration suits you. And remember, after a new mod install , delete your .xml and reconfigure watch dogs in-game to get better performance. After that you can experiment with properties modifications (i open my gameprofile in notepad and go at it) and read-only !

18. Lardo

Lardo Active Member

GPU:
    R9 280x Toxic 3GB
    One more thing. When i copy the files from the graphics folder do i merge with the existing ones? or do i just skip?

19. flexinho

flexinho Master Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 RTX 2060 S 8GB
    Just skip them. Don't override any file, because TheWorse did something to enable HighRes textures for fire and vegetation and rocks.

20. TonyMBR

TonyMBR Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 770 SC ACX 2GB
    No problems at all. I understand your point and am sure that it'll be better at every release.

Thanks again. :)

Thanks for the hint, man. I haven't paid attention to that. I'll try it. :)

As to performance over image quality, well... no. What the other user meant to say is that "fog/DoF" covers a considerable part of our sights, and on Multiplayer mode it's really a weakening point for those with this feature enabled.

Most people's answers to these requests and what I feel like to reply to:

"TURN IT OFF!" - Ok, but by doing that it also turns off the original cutscenes DoF and other interations which doesn't affect gameplay while make the game beautiful with no further damages whatsoever.

"DON'T INSTALL THE MOD!" - Ok, but I personally like The Worse's job and don't want to leave it like that, it's fantastic.

"THEN, LEARN AND CHANGE PARAMETERS BY YOURSELF!" - That's what I'm trying to do. But I don't know what parameters should I change to decrease even more DoF and Fog while keeping them from a complete disappearance.

Anyway, thanks again for your hint, I'll keep trying. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.