After hours testing... Watch Dogs (E3 Bloom effect working) # Part 2

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by TheWorse, Jun 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jmx777

jmx777 Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 750 TI @ 1400/6200
    Thanks for your answer!!! I use textures on med,and the rest on high, motion blur off, dof on console on, and phisics low due my cpu limitation and whit theese and maldo's textures (med as high hack) i used to get 25-30 fps and a shutter here and there but very playable!
    I really want to keep theese settings whit the new ver but 0.97 kills my performance (12-17 fps) !!!!!

2. Cuban Legend

Cuban Legend Active Member

GPU:
    ASUS 770GTX DCU2-OC
    cool. nice to know you're aware of what causes performance issues.

is it possible for you to make a screenshot comparison of the higher resolution reflections and the old ones from .08 and what resolution values they reflect?

3. TheWorse

TheWorse Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX680@1300/6900
    0.97v used 2536 paraboloid reflection resolution, new is 1792. After finish this I'll make some comparisson screenshots.

But for now I can tell you that there is not much difference between those numbers. But it seems that after 2048 performance drops more than it should.

4. flexinho

flexinho Member Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 RTX 2060 S 8GB
    Nice! Could you tell me which files i have to copy to include MalDo's textures from version 0.8?

5. TheWorse

TheWorse Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX680@1300/6900
    Download 0.8v with MalDo textures, find the folder TEXTURES_VERSION and copy the content to the 0.97 patch folder, just don't replace the files.

6. cmh175

cmh175 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 770 Classified
    patch_unpack\graphics. Copy it into the unpacked v0.97. If you want to keep new textures TW added don't overwrite anything.

7. Cuban Legend

GPU:
    ASUS 770GTX DCU2-OC
    what was the resolution in .08?

cool, very interesting research about the performance dropoff after 2048 res.
    would you be able add the option for a 2048, and 1792 version and another version with .08's resolution?

I wonder if you know about any other resolutions in the game that can be lowered to allow for EVEN MORE performance for those of us with older PCs. As options of course. :)

8. Boxer152

Boxer152 Member

GPU:
    r9 290 trix
    Heiii coolllll but y dont understand for instal the sweetfx preset + boulotaurs injection
    Y extract the files and then? They are 1 file and inside this 4 files and 1 sweetfx.
    y must past the first fil or all files?

9. flexinho

flexinho Member Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 RTX 2060 S 8GB
    Thanks a lot! I'm waiting for your fixed version and then I will give you feedback again. Hopefully it's perfect then.

10. cmh175

cmh175 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 770 Classified

He's already mentioned a disinterest in creating multiple options. Not to mention since there will also be two or three tweaked versions released by others in the next day or so. For the reflections you could just lower in the game settings.

Sweetfx is literally just drag and drop. For WD it's the bin folder, with the games executable.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2014

11. Snougar

Snougar New Member

GPU:
    GTX 760 2GB (stock)
    Loving it so far, though it is a shame that there is quite the performance hit on my system. Used to get about 40-60fps on ultra at 1680x1050 with temporal SMAA, but now it hovers around 26-40fps. It's still very playable though.

Also I noticed it did crash a few times, but I think that might of been the SweetFX injector having issues with FRAPs.

Hopefully performance issues get ironed out though :)

12. theratedspear

theratedspear New Member

GPU:
    Intel HD 4600
    I cant download the 0.97 Mod it says : "Enter decryption key" ???

what is the decryption key or Mega.co.nz ???

and BTW tnx alot The Worse.
    and please upload it somewhere else, the Mega is S*cks.

Tnx.

13. TheWorse

TheWorse Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX680@1300/6900
    0.8 used 2048 for reflections resolution, but lowering it at 1792 will increased a bit of performance while keeping good quality aswell with no noticiable difference.

Edit: Please can someone upload the mod to another server so I can focus on the next release? I don't have a really good upload speed

14. Black Iceberg

Black Iceberg Member

GPU:
    GTX780 Ti 3Gb 2xSLI
    So 0.97(b) will be with the worse image quality? Because I like the 0.97 release image quality so much and my FPS is very good with all ultra and msaa4x + ultra texrures and hbaa+ high. I wanna only the fixed version without graphics degradation. And can you send me a low DOF "cameracontext.lib"? Thank you very much!

15. Cuban Legend

GPU:
    ASUS 770GTX DCU2-OC
    I understand a disinterest in creating multiple versions. At least we could find out what the reflection resolution was in .08 is all.

If this offers a performance increase that is so noticeable, then there have to be other things we can optimize a bit as well, to offer even MORE performance. I think it's fair for those of us who have older, lower performing PCs.

And btw, You can't lower *just* reflection resolution with ingame settings, that settings when lowered does more than lower the reflection resolution by itself.
    bro you are awesome! You understand what it means to lower a setting just enough for a performance increase without losing considerable image quality.

Please if you find you're able to increase performance more and more, feel free to release a "FAST" version with better performance, it would be the savior for all of us "older PC" players. =) I think having a very fast and very pretty version allows you to extend the reach of your mod to a bigger PC audience.

Thanks again for your quick answers.

16. Boxer152

Boxer152 Member

GPU:
    r9 290 trix
    Yes but file per file or the folder extract......

17. AsuraX

AsuraX Member

GPU:
    12G
    Oh I thought by doing this It would cancel out the Mod. That's what I was told before.

18. flexinho

flexinho Member Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 RTX 2060 S 8GB
    You can take the low DoF from TheWorse mod 0.8. There are 3 different presets integrated.

19. jmx777

jmx777 Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 750 TI @ 1400/6200
    +100000000

20. Mr. Happy

Mr. Happy Member

GPU:
    Radeon HD5770 1Gb GDDR5
    How do I unpack the .dat and .fat files so I can apply Maldo's textures?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.