After hours testing... Watch Dogs (E3 Bloom effect working) # Part 2

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by TheWorse, Jun 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheWorse

TheWorse Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX680@1300/6900
    I've tried to, but the actual lights from streets are not controlled by the same dynamiclightprefab.lib it uses another files which are unknown. Also it seems that cinematics uses another type of lighting, thats why I think aiden's model looks more realistic on them. I was thinking that instead of using a pc quality technique for the lighting they just use xbox360/ps3 one.

probably not to far from now, 1 or 2 days. And I'd like to release the same version with MalDo textures but I don't have the V3 version of the textures.

Thank you, and yes i'm using vaas dof settings for all the cameras except from normal one, which has a slighly different angle and a little bit of stronger dof.

Yeah, when I realized that the running animation was the same I was very dissapointed and thought how hard could it be to make a new animation? I know their budget for the game was just 60 million but stil...

2. Cuban Legend

Cuban Legend Active Member

GPU:
    ASUS 770GTX DCU2-OC
    Thanks for giving attention to my question. So it's not possible until we find out what file controls the street-lamp lights, or the cinematics' headlight shadows.

Maybe someday someone will find the file, maybe we'll never find it.

But I'm okay with whatever we have now. Thank You! I feel much better knowing that you tried your best, bro! If I could search through the files myself I would help, but I'm not too knowledgable on .lib or .fat filetypes and Hex Values. =(

Thank you for your efforts and sharing this knowledge once again. This is what the modding community is all about. =)

3. tey

tey Member

GPU:
    7950 3gb
    you should also fix the rediciously low sound that ubisoft loves putting in games, its a joke that i have to turn my speakers up near full leaving everything else massively loud

4. tey

tey Member

GPU:
    7950 3gb
    still no fix for this?

5. cmh175

cmh175 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 770 Classified
    I took a look at the sound files, they seem to divided up based on language. I'm not sure if this can be fixed, and even so it may need to be repeated for every language option.

6. tey

tey Member

GPU:
    7950 3gb
    would be happy just to get english done

7. cmh175

cmh175 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 770 Classified
    lol well agreed. I'm American so that certainly works for me. I just wasn't going to ask a Latin modder to do it since it wont benefit him.

8. cmh175

cmh175 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 770 Classified
    So taking another look there's the sound and sound_english (probably dependent on the version of you game) unzipped there .sbao files. Which can be converted to .wav the same way Far Cry 3 music was with oggvorbis tools (found here -> http://www.xiph.org/downloads/). From there the sound can be edited to be louder. The only issue is this would be the largest mod to be done for the game, there's thousands of files. Unless there's a setting in one of the engine files or something this is likely not to be fixed.

9. cmh175

cmh175 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 770 Classified
    Update. Ok I spoke too soon, I was able to fix the sound. I'm doing some more testing to make it better, but I have my surround sound at half the normal volume for this game.

10. TimmyDev

TimmyDev Member

GPU:
    GTX 560 Ti 1GB
    Im gonna make sure every youtuber will not even talk to you.. because they give 0 ****s about what you have to say.

11. tey

tey Member

GPU:
    7950 3gb
    that is awesome news and im looking forward to it

nobody cares about this drama crap, just fixing the game so let it go

12. Boxer152

Boxer152 Member

GPU:
    r9 290 trix
    thanks for the answare

13. flexinho

flexinho Master Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 RTX 2060 S 8GB
    I doesn't know, that MalDo released v3 of his texture pack. Where can I find it?

14. Omegaferrari

Omegaferrari Member

GPU:
    Gtx titan Black 6gb
    dark areas fix?

hi theworse, great job on making the game look great , i have some pics of dark areas ,that are not supposed to be dark , maybe of use

hopefully this gets fixed, and also inside the stadium the first mission same problem. thanks in advance.

15. Omegaferrari

Omegaferrari Member

GPU:
    Gtx titan Black 6gb
    i still need to write some more messages to post pics

16. Omegaferrari

Omegaferrari Member

GPU:
    Gtx titan Black 6gb
    lets see! anyone have more dark areas pics?

17. Omegaferrari

Omegaferrari Member

GPU:
    Gtx titan Black 6gb
    ok lets try this
    [​IMG][/IMG]

[​IMG][/IMG]

18. Omegaferrari

Omegaferrari Member

GPU:
    Gtx titan Black 6gb
    that area is not suppossed to be dark i already turned the lights on , this happens also inside the stadium first mission.

19. TheWorse

TheWorse Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX680@1300/6900
    Because the exposure was adjusted now those problems should be completely fixed.

20. XAFAfterShock

XAFAfterShock Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 770 SC 4GB
    does changing the bloom settings in the wdtool actually do anything as far as graphics, I tried all 3 and I don't see anything noticeably different

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.