After hours testing... Watch Dogs (E3 Bloom effect working) # Part 2

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by TheWorse, Jun 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FriskyNoodle

FriskyNoodle Member Guru

GPU:
    1070 Seahawk X

1. I have a GTX 670 - do you think if I lowered all my settings to high I could sustain a solid 30 fps?
    • I have a 570 and can run everything on high, water on Ultra, and HBAO low and Level of detail distance at medium/low for almost 60fps with drops

2. I did the first part and I was able to get the shadows from the car headlights to work (though not sure about the rest of the mod) Is this part necessary? If so why? Can I just choose in the in game settings to enable the game at either high or ultra?
    • The dynamic shadows from headlights were just re enabled and arent connected to the reworked "dynamic shadows" that decided to cut corners.
    3. How do you disable the DOF? (unless its really far away I can't stand it (in most games))

• Disable it in game or unpack patch.fat with ricks tools with "Gibbed.Disrupt.Unpack.exe" and remove cameracontext.lib if you want default depth of field ingame

4. Also in the notes for what is to change in .8 you give us options about choosing for example different color gradients - e3 etc. How do we "choose" the setting?

• A configurator and it most likely will automatically create the patch.fat and patch.dat for you

5. The E3 wind - so it works throughout the game?

• Most likely, its wind

6. What lensflares were shown in the E3 demo?
    • The only thing different with lens flare is the lamps and what not have particle fx when broken, but they arent volumetric anymore, just a texture map with slight light bleeding

7. The color gradient - would it function similar to sweetfx? like increase bloom etc.?
    • Color gradient is just a color palette (Warm colors, Cool colors etc).
      Most likely isn't connected to the bloom shader.

Hope this helped even though I'm not the guy who made the tweaks, just a guy attempting to tweak.

2. FriskyNoodle

FriskyNoodle Member Guru

GPU:
    1070 Seahawk X
    You can use Jim's Cheat Table for Cheat Engine to freeze time or you can unpack common.fat and look through the files and mess with the timescale yourself.

3. octomot

octomot Member

GPU:
    Asus Radeon HD7870 2GB
    i got a gain of 10-30% in fps! seems the streaming texture compression is the key ;) it works with texture setting ultra,high & medium. less shutter while driving in addition. perhaps better then "nail" it @30 fps.

..surely every system is different.

-> TheWorse0.7+upd1.3+BossDoFv2+sweetFX1.5

4. Aravon

Aravon New Member

GPU:
    660Ti
    Looks great!

5. CRUBINO

CRUBINO Member Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Geforce GTX1080 FE
    Thanks, mate! :)

6. irat

irat Member

GPU:
    760GTX
    after 1.03 update i cant use Vaas's Light DoF files they are not working on me

7. Cruzius

Cruzius New Member

GPU:
    Which SweetFX Preset?

Which is the best SweetFX Preset in combination with TheWorseMOD 0.7 and bosses V2 DOF?

I use the Realistic Preset created by piterrrxd at the moment, but it's very dark.

Isn't it compatible with TheWorseMOD?

8. TheWorse

TheWorse Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX680@1300/6900
    I'll make a sweetfx preset for 0.8 version that will be available tomorrow.

9. octomot

octomot Member

GPU:
    Asus Radeon HD7870 2GB
    i use the same mod+dof conf
    and this is for me the best setting so far

h**p://sfx.thelazy.net/games/preset/1785/

greetz

10. b0uncyfr0

b0uncyfr0 Member Guru

GPU:
    Gaming XXX 1070
    This has probably been answered already but after i extract the two patch files and delete the Gamer Profile xml, should i be starting a new game?

11. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Ref"
    Yeah it works, similar to how packing and unpacking worked in Far Cry 3 really. :)

Speaking of those tools r48 now recognizes patch.dat/patch.fat although it was already possible to unpack it so there's no change there and r49 improves on some of the file formats.
    (Being able to decode the various packed files via the other tools in the utility.)

http://svn.gib.me/builds/disrupt/?C=M;O=D

12. TheFlyinPancake

TheFlyinPancake Member

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon R9 280X
    Does it will work for the people who don't update WD with ubipatch ?

13. rubenmartin

rubenmartin Member

GPU:
    Asus GTX770 @1320mhz
    guys who has gtx770 2gb, pls share your fps and settings, mods. my rig also on left.

i will get crazy because of this game. On walking 50+, on driving 40+ (but sometimes 35s), sudden fps drops so annoying. (f.ex. 55's-40's)

generally tried TXAA 2X. i dont like temporal smaa because too much lack of alising.

i never succeed a solid gameplay from release date. maybe i can try lock fps @50.

14. mangaroo

mangaroo Master Guru

GPU:
    780 GTX Ti SC
  15. FriskyNoodle

FriskyNoodle Member Guru

GPU:
    1070 Seahawk X
    Most likely if none of the patch files inside patch.dat and patch.fat arent modified for the tweaks, you can just remove them and recompile. Hopefully someone can confirm this

16. TheFlyinPancake

TheFlyinPancake Member

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon R9 280X
    Ok, we'll see ^^

17. cemnahit

cemnahit Active Member

GPU:
    GTX TITAN BLACK
    As someone else mentioned, you can set about ANY setting directly in your own GamerProfile.xml, overriding the default game setting AND the patch/mod settings.

Since TheWorse and Kad are both changing the Timescale, and I don't like that, I investigated how to revert that to the default value.

If you're interested here the necessary info:
    Find the file "GamerProfile.xml". You can find it in the directoryDocuments\My Games\Watch_Dogs\<long sequence of numbers and letters>
    Edit that file with your favourite text editor
    Find the line that starts with <GameProfile
    Add the following value: TimeScale="30" right afterGameProfile. The start of the line should look something like this: <GameProfile TimeScale = "30" Sensitivity=...
    Save the file
    IMPORTANT: Set the file to "read only". Otherwise the game will ovewrite the file every time you leave it and you'll lose all your changes. But remember: that also means that the game can't save any other change you make in the game options.

Timescale 30 is the default value. TheWorse uses 65. I guess the value is a factor to real time, i.e. the value 1 would mean that a day lasts exactly 24 hours.

Other values you can add:

Hour, Minutes and Seconds: The time the game starts after loading. So if you'd prefer the game to start in the night, just setHour="20". The default is 14:00

18. Selvec

Selvec Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia EVGA GTX680 4gb
    Don't suppose anyone found anything wrong with that merge I did of the Stutter Fix/Vaas Normal DOF/0.7b and 1.03 Ubi Patch?

19. Selvec

Selvec Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia EVGA GTX680 4gb
    Can't upload to mediafire as its close to 1gb.

20. Selvec

Selvec Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia EVGA GTX680 4gb
    Proof that Ubisoft is purposely trying to close down mods for this game. I received this is my mail today:

Told you guys.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.