After hours testing... Watch Dogs (E3 Bloom effect working) # Part 2

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by TheWorse, Jun 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheSaiyanVegeta

TheSaiyanVegeta Member

GPU:
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760ti
    BTW, Thank you so much for all of your dedication to making this game what it should be! I understand that there are a lot of ungrateful a******* out there that are trashing you in this forum, but don't let them get to you. I was incredibly upset after finding out that my copy of the game for Xbox One was better than the vanilla version of Watch_Dogs on the PC. After installing your mod and tinkering a little bit, I can honestly say that I am a very happy gamer. Again, Thank you so so much for all of your time!

2. 65Wat

65Wat New Member

GPU:
    GTX 760
    I mean, sorry to sound like an *******, but i'd appreciate to be able to use the tool and play the game the way it's meant to look before Ubi butchered it.

3. Soloman212

Soloman212 Member

GPU:
    Nvidia GT 650M
    Woah man, sorry, didn't mean to offend. I didn't think you were dense or anything, just thought maybe you were from a different region. I've heard it called both. The big arrow was just the best picture I could find expressing it's location. Can you post a picture of your issue? I don't quite understand it. I have 1980x1050 and it worked for me, even if the GUI is a bit unnecessarily complex and unfriendly (yet still pretty bitchin).

4. 65Wat

65Wat New Member

GPU:
    GTX 760
    The right side of the window isn't inside the screen, so I can't click the checkbox to create the patch file.

5. ThePenguin

ThePenguin New Member

GPU:
    AMD Radeon 7950 3GB
    Hi, I've looked through multiple pages of this thread for a solution, so sorry in advance if this has already been solved, but whenever I launch the WDTooL, it crashes immediately with the following error
    Description:
    Stopped working

Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
    Problem Signature 01: wdtool.exe
    Problem Signature 02: 1.0.0.0
    Problem Signature 03: 53a8f1d2
    Problem Signature 04: System
    Problem Signature 05: 2.0.0.0
    Problem Signature 06: 506c18e6
    Problem Signature 07: 2cb6
    Problem Signature 08: 67
    Problem Signature 09: System.Net.Sockets.Socket
    OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
    Locale ID: 1033
    Help would be appreciated!! Thank you

6. vfxninjaeditor

vfxninjaeditor New Member

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 680 4GB
    The only thing I am concerned about is progress. TheWorse, how is everything going on the front end of 0.9?

7. fearface

fearface New Member

GPU:
    2 x R9 280x
    Your implying that TheWorse is copying from Kadzait? It was kadzait that had no public releases whereas TheWorse delivered one release after the other. You must be really stupid to say something like this :)

8. SoloCreep

SoloCreep Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 TI
    For starters, make sure you have your Windows fully updated. Sounds like a runtime error. Download Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Packages 2005-2013 and Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 and Microsoft XNA Framework Redistributable 4.0. On another note. I wouldn't bother with this release of the mod because it has some broken aspects about it. To name a couple, trees don't blow in the wind, the litter on the ground does not blow around. I would wait for his next release or use this one --> http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=390558 . It is with out a doubt the best one you can find on these forums.

9. iLegionLord

iLegionLord New Member

GPU:
    4 Nvidia GTX Titan Black
    I somehow don't see the so called improvements in the game even after the installation of the mod.

*Edit*

Never mind, installed it properly, it looks great now.

Too bad I get only 45 FPS on 4 Titan Blacks, I knew SLI was bad, but not THIS bad.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2014
  10. schidddy

schidddy Member

GPU:
    Sapphire 290x Crossfire
    change the VegetationDisplacementTextureSize in render config.xml to 512 or lower and gpu usage comes back to original level. the renderconfig u can find in unpack patch.dat/fat file. how to unpack them --> http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=390238

with that change i get again an average of 70 fps again on my dual crossfire system

11. iLegionLord

iLegionLord New Member

GPU:
    4 Nvidia GTX Titan Black
    You don't understand, I get 60 FPS without TheWorse's mod.

I should be getting 140 FPS in the original game, not some ****ty 60 FPS.

Even 2 Titan Blacks get 140 FPS on Digital Storm's benchmark, I should be pushing 150+ with FOUR Titan Blacks.

12. classick

classick Member

GPU:
    r9 280x
    lol...why do u want more than 60fps??? U wont be able to noitice any difference

13. Ti3Kob

Ti3Kob Master Guru

GPU:
    980Ti @1505/7600
    On a 120/144Hz screen, of course he will. At 60Hz there's no point on such a game indeed.

14. schidddy

schidddy Member

GPU:
    Sapphire 290x Crossfire
    do what i said and your fps will raise a lot. And it is true that this game is just poorly optimised for sli/crossfire rigs. And as already said, what the f**k do u need 150+fps for? longer fps penis?:3eyes:

15. iLegionLord

iLegionLord New Member

GPU:
    4 Nvidia GTX Titan Black
    I have a 144Hz screen. (VG248QE) I ordered a 3D vision kit version 2 a few days back. 3D halves FPS. So running at 45 with TheWorse's mod means 22.5 FPS per eye OR 30 FPS without TheWorse's mod per eye.

I don't want 150+ FPS. I EXPECT 150+ FPS with FOUR Nvidia GTX Titan Blacks. Digital Storm gets 140+ FPS with TWO Nvidia GTX Titan Blacks, with FOUR, I should at least hit 140+ FPS, assuming that my additional TWO Nvidia GTX Titan Blacks are not scaled properly.

I'm trying to find out what is my problem here.

Let's put my PC specifications into perspective. I rank the 35th in Firestrike Extreme. Check their Hall of Fame, I can't post results.

So if having the 35th most powerful gaming PC ever benchmarked to date runs Watchdogs at a mere 45/60 FPS depending if the mod is installed, then I am confused.

Educate me why my system is behaving so badly.

16. Warpy

Warpy Master Guru

GPU:
    2X 980Ti Poseidon PLAT
    I think he is done, so many people now making configs and this is no longer what it use to be.

17. TheWorse

TheWorse Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX680@1300/6900
    I'm not exactly done, but this went out of control. Started with kadzait, and even after he was banned other people started to make too many threads for this game. instead of contacting me to put their settings, because those are just different settings, they just made threads and people started going away and getting confused. So i'm actually thinking of making a simple blogspot page just to post the latest update. Otherwise this is over.

18. M.A.H

M.A.H Member

GPU:
    CROSSFIRE R9 290 Tri-X
    @TheWorse : They are just the most horrible trolls I've ever seen and I don't realy understand why they wont contacting you for making one big mod with a lots of stuffs/settings. They prefer acting like ****, trashing this topic and do their cook alones. I think you have to coninue making good work and just being yourself ;)

19. cmh175

cmh175 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 770 Classified
    That's not a bad idea. The thread has just gone off the rails, and there's certainly too many tweakers opening new threads. I agree sharing their settings would have been great to incorporate a single mod, but there's more recognition with uploading "their own". A simple blog maybe the way to go for the final version. I personally want to thank you for the effort you put in and the crap you've endured working on this. It sucks it's no longer fun.

It's crazy that really fixes it. What impact does this have on the graphics? It sounds like it's lowering the texture cache for the trees and plants or something. Does this improve performance for single gpu users too? Either way is it possible this could be a configurable option in the final release? If it wont help my single 770 classified, or degrades the plant life too much in my opinion, I'd rather switch it off. Or at least just include a readme with how to switch it back to default, either way not picky.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2014
  20. Cuban Legend

Cuban Legend Active Member

GPU:
    ASUS 770GTX DCU2-OC
    I'm still curious about the progress of the soft headlight shadows, you never posted a comparison of the sharp and the softer ones? It's okay if you forgot, that's the only thing I'm excited for with your new version. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.