After hours testing... Watch Dogs (E3 Bloom effect working) # Part 2

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by TheWorse, Jun 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cmh175

cmh175 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 770 Classified
    This looks excellent dude. The rain looks better too. I'm not sure if that's something you've even touched or not, but it looks better than what I was seeing when I tested v0.8.

2. TheWorse

TheWorse Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX680@1300/6900
    Thank you guys, I've changed many things about the rain like the cascades intensity, the streak lighting intensity and stuff. And i'm very exited about the shadows of the lighting because I found the way to reduce the shadow intensity and disable some shadows depending on the time of day and also depending if its raining or not. otherwise it looks pretty unrealistic if the sun is projecting clear shadows when its cloudy and foggy.

3. SabuL

SabuL New Member

GPU:
    GB R9 280X OC 3GB
    i'm happy that You are still with us and thanks for making the game as it should be!!

4. Omerta

Omerta Active Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 760 OC 4GB
    This looks great, very realistic and "alive".. Take your time, take it easy.. No one rushed, nor has the right to that..

People, do not be annoying, let man to enjoy his work, because only then will the rest of us to enjoy HIS work.

5. Zorbak

Zorbak Member

GPU:
    gtx 670 4 GB SLI
    That fog looks cool TheWorse, keep up the good work!

6. SoloCreep

SoloCreep Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 TI
    Those SS's look nice! I love the grey foggy atmosphere. That's how it looks here when it rains "WA".

7. HeLL

HeLL Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX1080
    I like the natural look of these new screens :)

8. sulleyboo0

sulleyboo0 Member

GPU:
    GTX 780ti SLI
    Of course, just let me know whenever you're ready and I'd be more than happy to help. I live in Chicago and let me tell you, that's how it looks when it rains. Good job man.

9. alessandrobutti

alessandrobutti Member

GPU:
    Gtx670 2GB
    Thank you so much for your work, dude!
    Just one or two considerations (even if, like u said, the screenshots ar not from the final release of the 0.9):
    -it seems that there are no headlights and, if i'm wrong about it, it seems they are not making raindrops to glow (function that was in the 0.7, but not in the 0.8)

-the rain intensity seems "rare", since tempest is the worst weather we could meet in-game i'd expect something like Noah's flood...

Again: THANK YOU FOR YOUR WORK.

10. russianlove

russianlove New Member

GPU:
    gainward gtx660
    THE WORSE, THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR WORK!!!
    I am really adore you and this changes wich with game you do!!!
    When i played this game a month ago it was realy disapointment cause i was waiting for it a lot. But now my dreams come true with YOU. I am realy glad and excited to see that my vision of this game is the same that you have.
    So thank you a million times for your grate gift!!!!

P.S.: is it possible to make the fog right near Aiden??? - i think it can be even much prettier than now if there are some fog and smoke around Aiden to, not only far from him).

Sorry for my English, THANK YOU from all of my soul !!!

11. flexinho

flexinho Master Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 RTX 2060 S 8GB
    @TheWorse

Could you add the modified rain from Lunayah into version 0.9? It has much more depht, but your fog looks amazing.

12. TheWorse

TheWorse Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX680@1300/6900
    What exactly do you mean by depth? The rain should be the same no matter what, unless you take different screenshots at a different tod.

13. Khan213

Khan213 Member

GPU:
    HD 7990
    Thank you @THEWORSE, U are best.

14. flexinho

flexinho Master Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 RTX 2060 S 8GB
    I mean his rain is illuminated by light sources and the rain is denser and the raindrops trickle on the ground and on aiden. I try to make some screenshots when i am at home.

15. TheWorse

TheWorse Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX680@1300/6900
    Rain is not overdone in 0.9, rain is illuminated by light but not by sun-light. Those "trickle" things you say are called splashes and you may don't see them in a screenshot which is static. Also is daylight, the effect is not that noticiable.

16. cmh175

cmh175 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 770 Classified
    I personally think the rain looks great. If it's really possible to edit easily without causing issues than that could be a cool addition, but I don't see it as a necessity.

17. TheWorse

TheWorse Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX680@1300/6900
    I've changed the rain but just a bit, otherwise it will end up causing issues and being unrealistic.

18. redhtbassplyr

redhtbassplyr New Member

GPU:
    GTX 660Ti 2Gb
    TheWorse 0.8 with SweetFx

Images with patched watch dogs with TheWorse 0.8 mod and TheWorse Sweetfx preset also.Looks great runs on avg 42-58fps. lowest around 36 with alot of cops and explosions

tinypic.com/m/ic09bl/2
    tinypic.com/m/ic0960/2
    tinypic.com/m/ic095f/2
    tinypic.com/m/ic094i/2

TheWorse- First off this looks awesome, let me ask though how did you get filmgrain to apply in sweetfx, I can't load the game with just that setting I had to disable it, the rest of your preset settings work wonderful. Is anyone else using TheWorse's SweetFx preset? Anyone get it working with filmgrain?

19. Raptorpocalypse

Raptorpocalypse New Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 780 SC
    Can someone help me? Every time I apply changes in WDTool.exe the "Gibbed.Disrupt.Pack" crashes and tells me it can not find the patch.fat file in the mod's folder "Mod_Selection" what am I supposed to do?

Last edited: Jun 30, 2014
  20. amdatiradeon

amdatiradeon Member

GPU:
    Sapphire 7850 2gb OC
    @TheWorse
    it will be great if you change the shadow to softshadow like in assassin creed 4, coz aiden's shadow in the night (street light shadow) looks really jaggy n unrealistic even if I set it to ultra, the softshadow maybe will make it better... thnk you for your work :D

Last edited: Jun 30, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.