After hours testing... Watch Dogs (E3 Bloom effect working) # Part 2

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by TheWorse, Jun 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Victim_Crasher

Victim_Crasher Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 560 Ti 1 GB
    There's a lot of application like that

There's FRAPS, Bandicam, MSI Afterburner, Mirilis Action, and... i forgot what else :)

First post in this pt 2
    Still amazing SS TheWorse :)

2. Hologram

Hologram Member

GPU:
    GTX 780ti OC 3GB
    Will give FRAPS a test. I've been using Action and it's been great but lately whenever I take a screenshot, the screenshot doesn't show the SweetFX even though I take a screenshot with it enabled.

3. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    You guys know that AMD has DVR.(AKA Shadowplay)No performance hit when recording.Just putting it out there.
    Did some test here .
    http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=390445

Did some actual benchmarks with DVR on/off.No real difference in FPS.Great tool
    [​IMG]

4. styckx

styckx Maha Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti XC Ultra
    A lot of screencap utilities won't capture sweetFX because it's a post process filter.. ie: SweetFX applies those effects after the frame is rendered. Most screenshot utilities capture the actual frame itself. Steams SS utility will capture SweetFX and Uplay also.

5. Warpy

Warpy Master Guru

GPU:
    2X 980Ti Poseidon PLAT
    Thats because of the lighting when there is no sun, basically when it's dark you will see less detail. The same goes for when there are other conditions such as rain, fog or even an object obscuring the view of the area you are trying to see :)

For example; if a solid object was in front of a sign you wouldn't be able to see the information on the sign. Same goes for if it's dark, the sign might be darker resulting in poor visibility. If you ever go out of a night and look at your jacket you will notice it's darker and harder to see.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2014
  6. Nonlin

Nonlin Member

GPU:
    XFX R9 280x DD
    What the version everyone is using until Worse releases his official update? Been out the loop.

7. badhomaks

badhomaks New Member

GPU:
    GTX 780ti/GTX 670(PhysX)
    Haha, I'm just imagining you going on with your day, singing with flowers on a nice sunny day while enjoying your day off and then all of a sudden you get a pack of lead fly into your face.

8. d875j

d875j Member Guru

GPU:
    X2 R9 390 Dual GPU
    Wow man great work.

9. cemnahit

cemnahit Active Member

GPU:
    GTX TITAN BLACK
    Looking great @TheWorse i would like to ask which level of DOF you are using in this shots, balanced so well i think, light, medium or high ?

Thanks

10. jdwohlever

jdwohlever Member

GPU:
    NVIDIA Titan w/ 6GB RAM
    Too all Steam and SweetFX Users

ATTENTION STEAM USERS:

Here is what you HAVE to do to get it Sweet FX to work with Windows 8/8.1:
    THE FIRST TWO RULES ARE THE MOST IMPORTANT to make this work on Windows 8/8.1

After doing everything else in RadeonPro to get Watch_Dogs set-up for SweetFX (found in other threads), there is another step you have to take,
    1) In RadeonPro, On the right hand side for the settings for watch_dogs settings, choose the LAUNCHER Tab and select STEAM

2) Make sure that Steam nor Uplay does !!NOT!! start with Admin privileges. I tried for hours to get this to work, and it wasn't until I ran BOTH uplay and Steam WITHOUT Admin privileges that it would actually work.
    I know that sounds a55 backwards, but that is the way it is. NOTHING should be running with extra Admin settings. Not RadeonPro, not Steam and Not Uplay.

Also, here are my other settings that maybe JUST as important:
    3) Make sure Uplay is NOT running before starting game.
    4) Make sure RadeonPro and Steam ARE running.
    5) Make sure Uplay does have Overlay ON.
    6) Not sure about Steam, but I have my Steam Overlay OFF and Uplay Overlay ON
    7) Start game from Steam

8) Profit!*

I'll repost this in a separate thread so everyone can see it in case they don't follow TheWorse's mod.

11. styckx

styckx Maha Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti XC Ultra
    Please don't. We don't need another Watch Dogs thread

Edit: Too late... *sigh*

12. FriskyNoodle

FriskyNoodle Member Guru

GPU:
    1070 Seahawk X
    He should just post it in the sweetfx thread

13. TheWorse

TheWorse Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX680@1300/6900
    There are too many watch dogs threads already.. anyways, the mod is done. I'm waiting for MalDo answer and also I need to update some of the files I sent to him.

14. Warpy

Warpy Master Guru

GPU:
    2X 980Ti Poseidon PLAT
    Excellent, now... lets find every possible avenue in contacting him. The project delivery is being impacted!!!

15. classick

classick Member

GPU:
    r9 280x
    Do u expect release today? :p

I really wanna see the E3 Wind :D

16. Yawanur

Yawanur New Member

GPU:
    KFA2 EX OC GTX 760 2GB
    Yes! When the update comes out I'll play the campaign all over again!

17. OrdinaryOregano

OrdinaryOregano Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1080 Gaming X
    Do Rick's gibbed tools put the UNKNOWN files back into their place when repacking?

18. AsuraX

AsuraX Member

GPU:
    12G
    Hi TheWorse

A few questions:

1. I have a GTX 670 - do you think if I lowered all my settings to high I could sustain a solid 30 fps?

Also, in your previous thread you said

"You can also edit the GamerProfile.xml file found in C:\Users\(username)\Documents\My Games\Watch_Dogs\(long number)\GamerProfile.xml with Notepad, Notepad ++ or your
    chosen program if required but Im not 100% sure if this is required. Follow these steps:

Open GamerProfile.xml with a text editor such as Notepad or Notepad ++.
    Find the line that begins <RenderProfile (it should be the 3rd line down from the top).
    On this line you will find Quality="xxx"
    Instead of "xxx" you will see either "low", "medium", "high", "ultra" or "_runtime"
    Change this value to Ultra. For example, change Quality="_runtime" to Quality="ultra"
    Save the file and exit.
    Launch the game."

2. I did the first part and I was able to get the shadows from the car headlights to work (though not sure about the rest of the mod) Is this part necessary? If so why? Can I just choose in the in game settings to enable the game at either high or ultra?

3. How do you disable the DOF? (unless its really far away I can't stand it (in most games))

4. Also in the notes for what is to change in .8 you give us options about choosing for example different color gradients - e3 etc. How do we "choose" the setting?

5. The E3 wind - so it works throughout the game?

6. What lensflares were shown in the E3 demo?

7. The color gradient - would it function similar to sweetfx? like increase bloom etc.?

I know a slew of questions but thank you for making this mod!!

19. CRUBINO

CRUBINO Member Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Geforce GTX1080 FE
    @TheWorse and MaLdo
    Is possible to slowing down TOD and weather cycle? :)

20. CRUBINO

CRUBINO Member Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Geforce GTX1080 FE
    Yes, I have the same GPU as yours. I've got solid and smooth 30FPS. no stutter, no hiccup.... even I driving so fast with my xbox game-pad :)

After applied Maldo Textures Fix + TheWorse v0.7, i don't need "ULTRA" thing anymore. Everything already beautiful. All my settings just goes to "HIGH" (Textures, Shadows, Reflection, etc; except the water = Ultra).
    And since DOF is already good and beautiful, i don't need ultra LOD anymore.

Of course, we need to locked FPS to 30 with NVInspector. I don't wanna waste my OLD rig resource for extra FPS more than 30 :D
    (but i'm sure to increase it to 60FPS after GTX880 hit the market ... LOL! :D)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.