After hours testing... Watch Dogs (E3 Bloom effect working) # Part 2

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by TheWorse, Jun 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Saikusu

Saikusu Banned

GPU:
    You're basically just insulting both TheWorse and Kadzait with your mod. And here's why.

You clearly just took Kadzait's latest mod, and started making screenshots. It's obvious with the closeby dof that Kadzait himself prefers. And many of the changes he made, we can see in your pictures.. So that's how you insult Kadzait.

But the way you insult TheWorse is. You're talkin' on his topic promoting your own so called "mod." But you do say it's based on TheWorse his mod with some changes, while it's exactly like Kadzait mod. So you're basically promoting Kadzait mod on TheWorse topic and basically saying you made it look so good. While it's Kadzait's mod with the title TheWorse 0.8 + own changes.

2. cr0wnest

cr0wnest New Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 670 OC 2GB
    Ok disabled the windows open file security prompt, now Im able to click on the tick no problems and a small DOS window appears that only says _ before it disappears without anything happening. I get no path.dat in my game folder, what am i doing wrong? My file path to the game is already correct.

3. Warpy

Warpy Master Guru

GPU:
    2X 980Ti Poseidon PLAT
    Leave.

4. Omerta

Omerta Active Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 760 OC 4GB
    He is in his first post noted: "Big thanks to TheWorse, TheBoss ,VASS, Kdazait and Maldo for all their work and dedication and making this mod possible."

People, please stop talking against each other and let people like TheWorse, Lunayah, TheBoss, VASS and Kdazait to do their job..

If they want to fight, let them fight each other, we have nothing else to interfere..

5. FriskyNoodle

FriskyNoodle Member Guru

GPU:
    1070 Seahawk X

Watch_Dogs modding isnt dead yet

6. ppero196

ppero196 New Member

GPU:
    Asus Radeon 7770HD 1GB
    Does anyone know a safe way to remove TW's 0.8 mod?

Just delete patch files?

7. Blackwolfe

Blackwolfe New Member

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 670 2Gb
    I just registered here on the Guru3D forums for the sole reason to say that all you guys (especially theworse for making it all possible) are awesome!

Still using 0.7 with the patch fix someone posted and I was able to crank the game up to ultra. Sure, I don't have the greatest rig of all time so it doesn't run pefectly smooth (though very well playable), but it looks much much better than without the mod. Waiting for 0.9 before resuming to play watch dogs (there were some issues with the 0.8 as I understood it, so I'm skipping 0.8 for now).

That's all. Please never stop being awesome.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2014
  8. Lushfa

Lushfa Member

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 570 1280
    Let's say you have 100 existing values to flip. Eventually you will run out of values to flip, sooner or later. It is the same with tweaking the xml file or -to make it even simpler- tweaking your ingame options. This approach has its limits :) For this certain modding "here" you can reach this limit at version 9.0, 1.0 or any other given number but you can be sure to reach a point where you flipped and tried all of them.

When comparing it to ENB (which icenhancer used) or SweetFX you can add new shaders while not being limited by the game values. However, programming shaders takes more time and knowledge than flipping numbers (like only tweaking the top of the SweetFX_settings file) to switch them on/off, so you wont see results as fast but rather slow and steady.

To allow further (not limited) improvement one has to start implementing and adding his own changes.

9. Jackalito

Jackalito Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX 5700 XT
    I just want to thank TheWorse and everyone who has been working hard with him.

There's something I don't fully understand and it's why there are other people here posting pictures of their own modifications. Why don't they open up their own threads to share them?

Don't get me wrong but it's kind of annoying, especially when you're browsing through trying to find new information regarding TheWorse's mod and you keep on bumping into someone else's approaches.

TheWorse, big thanks again, man!

10. O0mix0O

O0mix0O Member

GPU:
    MSI R9 290 4GB
    Had the exact same issue. See this post -> forums (dot) guru3d (dot) com/showpost.php?p=4858422&postcount=2109

If you follow the steps then you should be good to go :)

11. Zanetrain16

Zanetrain16 New Member

GPU:
    Sli gtx 670 watercooled
    Does anyone know why I'm getting this error? I double checked the game file path and it is correct. I would insert a pic but im new here and it wont let me.
    The error is from the WDTool and it pops up after the cmd box closes. it says

ERROR- Cannot create "C:\Program Files (86)\Ubisoft\WatchDogs\bin\WatchDogs.exe" because the file or directory with the same name already exhist?

Any help would be much appreciated. Had the .6 mod before and was great and really looking forward the the .8 mod working. Have stopped playing the game

12. crown85

crown85 New Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 780
    "problem" solved, the effect was given by the Chrome Aberration option, setting it to 0 eliminate the red shadow

13. iceagex

iceagex Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070 G1 @ 2100 - 8775
    so many ****ing retards on internet.........****ing kids......

TheWorse is the best!!!!!

14. william456

william456 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Titan X
    http://youtu.be/3CBeobOQxLA

15. Utopia

Utopia Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 280x
    Headlight flickering fixed in Lunayah's mod?
    If yes, I'll use it. ;)

16. Cru_N_cher

Cru_N_cher Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI NX8800GT OC
    looks well balanced except the bloom that is very aggressive is this recorded with your sweetfx or without ?

could you please record more tods but without any sweetfx @ all and compare that finally against vanilla :(

and upload that videos to mega.co.nz instead of recompressed to youtube ?

and is this from his plain mod now or did you modified something as you stated you mixed kadz xml into it is this the case for the video as well ?

@William456
    Try to stay more transparent when you releasing results and not just post a video with 0 setup explanations, please.

Also it would be much better if someone finally releases some entire Story Gameplay compares including cutscene changes.

fully agree with you it becomes to chaotic this way base results should stay base results and not be mixed with individual ones in the same thread.

17. flexinho

flexinho Member Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 RTX 2060 S 8GB
    @TheWorse

Could you give us an approximately release date, because i'm waiting for the next version to go on playing Watch_Dogs? The bugs in version 0.8 were too annoying (wind & trees bug), so I decided to wait. :wanker:

PS: Now kadzait24 is banned and decided like a little 5 year old kid to quit working on the mod. Now you can work calmly, without that childish stuff! :banana:

18. zhalonia

zhalonia Active Member

GPU:
    r9 290 4gb
    he said last time about 24 hours its been taking a bit longer now but if that is what it takes it is no problem at all ! also i wanted to point out that i am very happy kad has stopped working altho i haven't heard it before just the above comment , also who is this luna guy ? good for low presets only ? anyway no credits for him as he is just mixing things that just don't make sense but whatever ... there is only 1 and real thread and that is this 1 and part 1 200 pages of lickerish ;) glad i sticked to the right person the worse take yer time if we can help with finding more bugs or anything else let us know also i suggest not to use sweetfx as many think (and know) its useless

19. Cru_N_cher

Cru_N_cher Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI NX8800GT OC
    no it's a loss that Kadza left and partly he is right this shouldn't become "donation begging" you either do it or you don't.

20. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    Hi there,I would like to change a couple things in the game.Any advice for someone wanting to replicate your Watch Dogs Enhanced Teaser #4 video.
    Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.