after firegl mod, no more pixel shader!

Discussion in 'RivaTuner Advanced Discussion forum' started by evilhomer, Apr 7, 2003.

1. evilhomer

evilhomer Guest

With the regular catalyst drivers on my 9700 pro pixel shader 2.0 and directx 9.0 tests and demos work fine. As soon as I use any soft FireGL driver I get failure to run test or demo. I've tried v1021, 1028, 1029, 1030, 1032. In 3DMark 2003 it says Pixel Shader 2.0 is not supported, then if I force pixel shader 2.0 with Rage3D tweak it starts to run the tests, then fails to load texture. The ATI car pixel shader demo loads a black screen. The system is not locked up, as I can still hit 'esc' then 'enter' and exit. 3Dmark scores are in the 3000's and 'mother nature' and vertex shader are not supported natively.
    It can't be a hardware problem since it works with the regular cat drivers. I've tried upping the AGP voltage up to 1.8. I've downgraded from directx 9.0a to 8.1 back to 9.0 to 9.0a. I've also tried clean installs with 8.1 to 9.0 to 9.0a and 8.1 to 9.0a. Nothing seems to work. I installed without a previous ATI driver on the system. Any ideas?

Athlon XP 2500+ (not overclocked)
    asus nf7-s (latest nforce2 drivers)
    ati radeon 9700 pro oem

2. Unwinder

Unwinder Moderator Staff Member

It must be so. There are no DX9-compatible drivers for FireGL Z1/X1 yet.

3. evilhomer

evilhomer Guest

goodness

well, in that case i just wasted something like 20 hours of work... thank you very much for your speedy reply. i didn't even think of that as a possibility. you're doing great work, i can't thank you enough.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 7, 2003
  4. Flax

Flax Member

I've read in some place that somebody mixed Radeon Direct3d drivers with Firegl Opengl drivers. But I can't find it again!
    I'm always looking for it

5. evilhomer

evilhomer Guest

well

if anyone did it, i imagine it would have been omega. you can find him at www.driverheaven.net where he's got a link to his website (omega's corner, upper-left-hand of page). i checked it out and didn't see one, but maybe you can ask him yourself. i didn't feel like registering there.

6. loop29

loop29 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC
    oh sh** m8, I feel your pain. Some lessons have to be learned the hard way. You might find it comforting that most of the experienced people started out that way. I don´t find it comprehensive that FireGL doesn´t support DX9 features :bugeye:

regards