After e3 What'll it be?

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by RagDoll_Effect, May 13, 2006.

?

e3 What will it be?

1. XBOX 360

5 vote(s)
    10.9%
  2. Wii

30 vote(s)
    65.2%
  3. PS3

18 vote(s)
    39.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. RagDoll_Effect

RagDoll_Effect Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x nvidia GTX 560 SLI
    The XBOX 360, the Wii, or the PS3? I'm sticking with PS3 I think.

2. BlackFeetNation

BlackFeetNation Master Guru

i am thinking Wii its Nintendo baby i have every NES system they ever made :D

Last edited: May 13, 2006
  3. Decane

Decane Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6GB
    List one more option: "None of the above. You can send an X1900XTX or a 7900GTX my way!"

4. RagDoll_Effect

RagDoll_Effect Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x nvidia GTX 560 SLI

I was gonna upgrade too, but I'm putting that off so I can get a PS3. I know what you mean, if I had the cash I'd prolly upgrade my PC but it's gonna have to wait till next year. I'm waiting for Intel conroe anyway cos I got the feeling they will be super fast.

5. hhc32

hhc32 Member

GPU:
    eVGA E-GEFORCE 7800GT 256MB
    Technology/game wise, im going with ps3! :hatty:

6. Loki91

Loki91 Maha Guru

GPU:
    nVIDIA 8800GTS 512MB @670
    the PS3 will be relatively bland. by its release the xbox360 will have boatloads of titles, and the Wii will boast a shockingly fresh controller. Sony will have a tricky battle ahead of them.

7. BlackFeetNation

BlackFeetNation Master Guru

8. kwak

kwak Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce 560 ti
    normally, id take a pc over a console any day, but the wii has me interested, if the games turn out to use the controller in a good way, it will be awesome!

9. pedropaulo

pedropaulo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD5850
    Wii. Lots of retro-games a very promissing controler and a low price. Then a 360 for the games that the Wii can´t run. PS3 600Euros, no major games compared to 360. I don´t think so....

10. David16k

David16k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Geforce 7600GT XXX 256MB VIVO
    WII, what else?

Screw HDR, screw SM3.0, screw HD, WII want gameplay!

11. Loki91

Loki91 Maha Guru

GPU:
    nVIDIA 8800GTS 512MB @670
    lol. yeah wii seems to be heading in the right direction. its recognized that the most important consumers on the earth (the people here at guru3d) have proper computers to play proper games and that what they need to take care of is the "i have friends over and i dont have anything to do" situation. the Wii will be an awesome multiplayer console methinks.

Last edited: May 13, 2006
  12. martin2006

martin2006 Master Guru

GPU:
    onboard geforce 6100
    i think the wii got a pretty great reception at E3 too, i read the line for it was 4 hours long, the line for the ps3 was only half an hour..so much for the great sony

13. getsuga12

getsuga12 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce GTX870M
    the wii for now... we can expect a really good price, and looking at all the games they displayed at E3, how can we not be excited? Can't wait to try out red steel (sword swinging and shooting, rawr). Just to clear one thing though, upon the release of the ps3, there will be loads of titles that will be released as well. These titles will be the one thing that keeps the ps3 in the race. So for me,
    1. Wii
    2. PS3
    3. X360

only because a lot of the titles i'm expecting are coming out on the ps3.

14. Strikerx80

Strikerx80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 980 Ti SC +120/+300
    i will get ps3 and Wii i think

15. Clements

Clements Master Guru

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 670
    Wii here. Plenty of exclusive titles that grab my attention, and it'll probably be much, much cheaper than the competition.

16. LAN*bowL

LAN*bowL Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus strix gtx1080
    getting 4 Wii's (one to keep and 3 to sell on christmas), i'll grab a 360 later on after i buy a HD television

17. Sprecker

Sprecker Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotech 680 4g
    I picked Wii because I already have a Xbox360. I would have chose the PS3 aswell but I only got one Vote. I plan on having all three.

18. Xaser04

Xaser04 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 16GB
    Got a 360, Will have a WII :p

19. simonknight

simonknight Maha Guru

GPU:
    BFG 7800GS OC AGP
    Come on, motion sensitive control pad.

20. orenda635

orenda635 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    BFG 7600GS 256mb / Radeon 9550 32mb
    If I were to get one, it would have to be the Wii. It's graphics look excellent and it seems to have a lot of solid games coming out in time for its release. I also like the virtual console feature that will allow you to download and play retro games on it.

PS3 is way too expensive for what it is. Any more than $300 is, IMHO, too much for a console. Talk about PS3's true ability seems to be mixed as well. As for Xbox 360, it's a little over priced as well. It seems to be a solid console though.
    Wii seems to have the most bang for the buck despite it's lack of true HD support. If I want to play games at high definintion, I always have my PC on hand. Gameplay is what really matters and Wii has the games I like, namely Sonic the Hedgehog and the Legend of Zelda. Nintendo works on a something for everyone ideology. I've grown tired of the stategy and fps games that seem to make up a large number of games available on PC and the other consoles. Nintendo seems to offer a lot more variety, or at least it has done so historically.