AFter all this hype for doom3, FarCry Still better?

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by thenewlegend, Aug 4, 2004.

?

Who got the top FarCry or Doom 3?

1. FarCry is better then Doom3

1 vote(s)
    2.9%
  2. Doom 3 is better then Doom 3

24 vote(s)
    68.6%
  3. Both are good

10 vote(s)
    28.6%
  1. thenewlegend

thenewlegend Guest

Now doom3 is out, alot of people try it or bough it.

I got bought game and i really enjoy more FarCry more then Doom3. But Doom3 make me **** my pants sometimes cause its scary like **** :(.

But in Overall i think FarCry is better then doom3.

2. BFA

BFA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX470
    Doom 3 is better then Doom 3

3. thenewlegend

thenewlegend Guest

lmao **** i made mistake >.< cant edit the ****ing poll stupid mod only thing

4. bourbon

bourbon Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Raedon 9800 flashed to pro
    Far Cry was mediocre at best. The game play was frustrating and repetitive, it offered nothing exceptional beyond the graphics. I won’t even comment on the story or the voice acting.

5. Giantmonkey

Giantmonkey Banned

GPU:
    Radeon 800XL AGP
    Far cry is a superior game than doom 3. How do i know this? well i just happened to play both games from beginning to end so i know what the hell im talking about! I just finished up doom 3 today and i must admit was dissapointed. I will definitely give doom 3 better credit than far cry for the use of shadows/lighting effects (honestly is only a little better) and the use of more bumping mapping on textures in the game and slightly better human/creature models. Single player version of far cry completely crushes doom 3 because far cry is a) harder and longer. b) far more variety in levels and design with gorgeous outdoor environments and beaches that make your eyes pop open. Doom 3 levels are all the same from start to finish and whats with the stupid oxygen depletion when you go outside the base into the mars atmosphere? that was so annoying! d) Higher quality textures are better in far cry. e) The use of land vehicles and boats etc. f) better story line than doom 3 which basically had the same stupid story line as doom lol. g) superior multiplayer period.

Doom 3 is a good game but its not game of the year. its very OVER HYPED at the moment.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2004
  6. top_gun36

top_gun36 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R9800 Pro|MR9600 Pro Turbo
    Never could finish Far Cry...but judgin by all tha videos, pics, trailers of Doom3, Im sh8ttin my pants....one more goddamn nite :bang:

7. nasa15

nasa15 Guest

How many times does it have to be said? YOU CAN NOT COMPARE TWO GAMES FROM DIFFERENT GENRES. Each game is good in it's own right, ffs. These "OMG IS DOOM 3 WORSE THAN FARCRY?!?!?!!!?" threads are starting to rot and smell like dead fish already... enough is enough.

8. thenewlegend

thenewlegend Guest

how can u not compare the 2 games?
    both are the same kind expect one is more indoor and more boring
    ( doom3 )

9. AJ²06

AJ²06 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GT 330M 512MB
    WH\hatever man... every1 has their own opinions... :D

10. UZ7

UZ7 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB Vision 3080 10GB
    nah i think Spiderman 2 is better...

haha j/k, i like the graphics of farcry, but gameplay wise a game like doom 3, that put on high volume and high graphics... the game environment fits the sounds at its best... only game that made me say "ahhh wtf" :D

11. nasa15

nasa15 Guest

Look, just because you say it's boring, does not mean that it factually is, that's your opinion, not how the game really is for hundreds of thousands of other people.

FarCry is an action-adventure FPS, period. You run around, you do objectives, you kill people.

Doom 3 is a horror based FPS/survival horror game. You run around, try to stay alive, do objectives, kill some stuff, do more objectives, then keep on going until the end.

One is happy, colorful, and full of action and firefights. And one is frightening, dark, gloomy, and full of dread and anticipation. Two different atmospheres, two different genres: Action FPS vs. Action FPS/ survival horror.

And come on! trying to close the gates to hell is a bit more of an undertaking than what you do in FarCry:p

12. Shadowsoldier

Shadowsoldier Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce GTX 660 ti
    far cry sux. BAD ENGINE. It lags soo much but doom 3 never lags. See what happens when u actually WORK on a game.

13. NAJMI ADNAN

NAJMI ADNAN Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 290X TriX 4GB
    DOOM III is the best.I hope DOOM III doesnt need any patch.

14. Strikerx80

Strikerx80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 980 Ti SC +120/+300
    single player needs no patch. but they should make multiplayer better with patches adding maps and maybe more PPL in matches. or sombies and stuff scattered aroung in multiplayer

15. Meta|Gear

Meta|Gear Pretty Hate Machine

GPU:
    Sapphire 7950 Dual-X 3L
    Farcry :peeleft:

16. MiNI

MiNI Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI 6950 unlock 950/1400

17. glock38

glock38 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon R9 285 2GB
    When I firstsaw Doom 3 I wasn't as blown away as when I first saw Far Cry, the textures and all in Far Cry are better then Doom 3 but that's where it stops. Everything else about is Doom 3 is better then Far Cry e.g atmosphere, models, lighting, monsters (those monkeys in Far Cry looked gay) etc etc. I stopped playing Far Cry at a point where the story just got stupid, this hasn't happened yet in Doom3. Ohwell just my opinion.
    Now that long wait for HL2 which will pawn both games :p

18. Qeeper

Qeeper Master Guru

GPU:
    nVidia GeForce GTX660TI
    S.T.A.L.K.E.R. will rule all :D
    Maybe not F.E.A.R. tho...

Still, I like both Doom3 And Far Cry.
    But I would really like some outdoor levels in Doom3 too.

19. panZEr gt

panZEr gt Master Guru

GPU:
    evga 6800gt 433/1200 @ 1.4v AC-nv5 modded
    bourbon why can't everyone else see the light?

Far cry was pretty.
    Period.