Aerocool launches Flo housing with rotated motherboard positioning

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Aug 20, 2020.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. Silva

Silva Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX560 4G
    So, all my short cables get 50cm shorter? Yay!
    Not only looks ugly it's stupid.

3. LevelSteam

LevelSteam Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070 Ti 8GB
    I know silverstone has had similar cases like this in the past but I think those usually used bottom intake and top exhaust fan orientation. Seems like in this case you're going to be blowing air smack up against your GPU as opposed to over more of the components.

Idk. In practice with water cooling it might not even matter. Looks good though.

kakiharaFRS likes this.
  4. tunaphish6

tunaphish6 Active Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970 G1
    I'm always torn about products like this--for all intents and purposes, there are many personal computer standards that are largely antiquated compared to modern trends, but at the same time, there's a reason why they were standards in the first place. Probably my biggest irk is when case manufacturers put in hard drive mounts as an after thought, when they really should be placed right smack dab in front of a fan. Although it's less of an issue now since hard drives are used as low-performance archives, but when Western Digital Blacks were king, it sorely limited what cases you could use since those things ran HOT.

5. Embra

Embra Maha Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 Nitro+LE
    I hope you get a chance to review this case HH. I am interested in how well it functions.

6. kcajjones

kcajjones Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 470 1.28GB
    What's with the box above the io? And the box at the bottom?
    Instead of all the wasted space, it's about time someone made a SFF case that takes an ATX motherboard.

7. MBTP

MBTP Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX590
    I think this should have at least one bottom fan, Motherboard ventilation is important none the less, but yes with the GPU receiving intense ventilation and the CPU cooler used in the horizontal plane it could be a great contender.
    Would like to see it reviewed.

8. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    i get the point of that i/o port on the top? i mean other to just hide the cable? I mean there all hidden in first place cause the in the back of the case.

I get what they trying to do but. no thanks, that make more complicated to unplug thing they need be too

9. slyphnier

slyphnier Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX1070
    i myself using silverstone FT02 (been used for 2 build)
    unplugging things on top dont cause any issue, even in various situations
    based my experience personally, it easier to unplug on top rather than back, because u can easier look at it better than on back
    imagine common setup
    beside&below desk = top i/o is really helping
    beside desk = top i/o didnt really different, if anything with lamp desk u can easily look at those i/o

with FT02 the base-idea is the physics we know that hot-air/heat rises, so exhausting on top rather rear should be more efficient, that the theory

how it perform in real world -> anandtech did review long time ago : https://www.anandtech.com/show/4620/silverstone-fortress-ft02-true-classics-never-go-out-of-style/5

tldr: it improve the temperature, but still it just few degree difference,so back to personal opinion

10. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    @slyphnier preference thing i guess, personal i wouldnt like it cause I reguarly unplug the cables from pc move pc to table to remove dust from inside, which such case would now have unplug those cable and get them out of single hole there all routed threw before being able to do that. forget that it would make my cable that much shorter.

Front stand point of all the heat is going up well in theory it all going up with less restriction should help temps, i also dint like idea of bend cable they way they need to be bent to get in there but that is just me

11. Brasky

Brasky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080 Strix
    i can see it being useful if you HAD to have this exact case, but personally there are so many options available i would just choose another case.

12. kakiharaFRS

kakiharaFRS Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming X 1080ti
    nooooooo :( the whole point of the vertical placement is to have a vertical airflow with bottom fans blowing air towards the gpu,nvme and chipset and fans exhausting at the top/front/rear
    here it's just the usual "fake no airflow" front-rear except with the gpu making a big wall in the middle ><
    buy a case accepting a vertical gpu mount rather than this

13. Martin5000

Martin5000 Member Guru

GPU:
    8 gig
    I think the only potential problem is getting debris dropping into the motherboard and gpu ports as a potential problem down the road.
    Need to protect them ports so keeping those port plugs is very important.
    Its good to see direct air flow from outside case directed towards the graphics card.
    It isnt important where the exhaust is located really as heat rising argument does very little to performance in the real world.