ads.ad-flow.com

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Altazimuth, May 11, 2003.

1. Altazimuth

Altazimuth Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vapor-X 5870
    ADMIN re: ads.ad-flow.com

Admin: When I finish downloading a page in this Forum something continues to send me data and I have to manually stop it.
    My Firewall tells me where this data is coming from (see subject header). This is very annoying and if I was near my ISP's download limit, this could well take me over it.
    It didn't happen before, so why is it happening now?

Last edited: May 11, 2003
  2. Ant

Ant Don Michael Corleone

GPU:
    2 x Inno3D 9600GT 512MB
    This is downloading information from the ad company that guru uses to advertise with, the presumption being that you are downloading the next advert in the cycle.

In fact i think you should get two things to download after the main page has downloaded... bilbo.com and ad-flow.com

The amount you download from ad-flow isnt anything to do with guru, i am 100% certain Hilbert wouldnt have you download anything out of the ordinary on purpose. He is overseas for a few days, if he has time he will set things straight.

In the mean time, you could block all traffic coming from ad-flow.com if the amount you are downloading is excessive. Just setup a rule in your firewall program.

p.s. I'm not admin, i'm just trying to help :)

3. Altazimuth

Altazimuth Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vapor-X 5870
    Ok Ant, thanks for the reply. BTW I don't see any animated ads or anything, I have certain things disabled, but I can't see the point in it just sending data all the time. Anyway, I'm blocking all ads in the firewall and it seems to be working.