Adroid 2 WIndows 10

Discussion in 'General Software and Applications' started by Fyew-jit-tiv, Dec 7, 2017.

1. Fyew-jit-tiv

Fyew-jit-tiv Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 580 Hydro 3GB x2
    Sup ALL,

Just shifted away from Samsung Mobile and Looking for a replacement for Samsung Kies. What are you guys using as your bridge between your android and windows 10? and what is recommended as an alternative to Kies?

Thanks.

2. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX980 SLI
    For doing what?

3. Fyew-jit-tiv

Fyew-jit-tiv Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 580 Hydro 3GB x2
    For backup to Dsktop and file sync for music and videos. Pretty much what Kies was doing for me.

4. Extraordinary

GPU:
    GTX980 SLI
    Which phone do you have now? Doesn't the manufacturer provide it's own software?

I have the S7 and have never used anything to sync as Android becomes mass storage when connected to PC I just drag n drop

For backing up things like KIES never worked properly anyway, said it made a full backup, but on restore only restored about 20% of what was backed up, the only real backup for Android is flashing custom recovery (TWRP) and creating a Nandroid backup

You have different sync/backup options on the phone itself for stuff like app data and contacts / messages etc, I'd use them for that and drag n drop for music/media

5. Fyew-jit-tiv

Fyew-jit-tiv Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 580 Hydro 3GB x2
    1+ and as far as i am aware they don't have any desktop software. Dont use Google for syncing my data this is why i used Kies which i never had a problem with. Drag and drop really isnt an option neither. Thanks for replying by the way. :)

6. Extraordinary

GPU:
    GTX980 SLI