Adrenalin 21.6.1 Tomorrow?

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Eastcoasthandle, Jun 22, 2021.

1. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    Just wondering if we are on course for drivers this week or not?

2. GSDragoon

GSDragoon Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon RX 6800
    Probably... AMD doesn't exactly have a track record for delaying releases to make sure the quality is good.

3. Hardc0rHamburger

Hardc0rHamburger Member

GPU:
    1080ti
  4. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800XT 16GB
    Bit of a shocker but not mad about the R9 290/390 gpus and R9 Fury Gpus going legacy. My Fury X does struggle to keep 60FPS at even 1080p in many titles.

5. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    Wow what an nvidia move on Fury going legacy. And someone said i hope Fury get FSR, joke is on you brought by AMD. And on top of that they will leave them with a broken 21.5.2 as a last driver lol.

Direfield and D1stRU3T0R like this.
  6. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    Jokes on you AMD....... a driver update killed my R9 270 in 2017.... ayyy.

or maybe the joke is on me :<

7. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    driver already released and posted

8. D1stRU3T0R

D1stRU3T0R Master Guru

GPU:
    8 GB
    how it that struggling when my friends 390X can run games perfectly fine on 1440P (yea its 8GB version but almost never actually hit more than 4GB, hell not even me with my 580 ever hit 5+GB) ?

9. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
    Weird cut anyway, GCN -> RDNA that would be where to cut it different instruction set and architecture over the five gens of GCN and how it's iterative so it's not like AMD cleaned out much since the GCN stuff would still be needed by the continued Polaris and Vega support.

Trimming the INF down a bit maybe and perhaps some early workarounds and compatibility for GCN on the 7000 series and it's first version.
    EDIT: Could and probably is more to it but it's still feels like a weird decision although it would be too early to drop Vega support and Polaris is popular as it used to be the affordable and still pretty viable GPU alternative until the pricing situation happened.

10. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    I think it's about the FSR support, they want to just dump everything that can't do it.... or maybe it's more accurate to say the cards they don't want doing it.

JonasBeckman likes this.

11. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
    Yeah it could be, I would hope it's just code and there's no special requirements but it could very well be that together with FSR launching AMD is dropping these earlier GCN GPU's (Plus Windows 7 support.) Polaris and Vega does have some nifty improvements so without being able to test it might not have performed very well with whatever AMD is scaling here. Shader performance or what it might be doing once the project is up on their GPU Open Github repository. :)

12. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    What kinda games you play? I was playing days gone yesterday and usage was over 6gb vram.

13. D1stRU3T0R

D1stRU3T0R Master Guru

GPU:
    8 GB
    Tbh lately I don't really play, but the mainstreams were esport games, and some story ones like GTA V, CP (uninstalled after 30 min) , BF 5. Mostly aiming 240FPS where i can.

14. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    I assumed your into esports and not playing something more demanding. If you ware playing latest tittles you'll definitely see more than 4gb vram usage.

15. Yxskaft

Yxskaft Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX Titan Sli
    I don't mind the dropped Windows 7 support but I've never liked graphics cards losing support when they're still up to the task, especially when the HD 7970 still is looking slightly better and runs better than the PS4 version. These cards had awesome longevity for people who weren't able to upgrade their PCs.

But it's something everyone knew would happen sooner rather than later.
    I don't trust Nvidia either, but they've at least said they'll support Kepler for three years concering critical security updates, whereas AMD suddenly drops all support at once.

D1stRU3T0R likes this.