Adding a 4th display on top of existing 3 screen Eyefinity Group

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by Nolive721, Oct 28, 2019.

1. Nolive721

Nolive721 New Member

GPU:
    Vega 64 LC
    Hello,

looking for help and guidance here because this issue is driving me crazy.
    I use to have a 1080Ti in my Gaming Rig located in my Gaming room. Using NVIDIA Surround feature, I could set a Group with my 3 1080p screen connected via DP and HDMI to the card and add a Plasma TV via HDMI connected to the same GPU

With Windows 10 Window key+P I could toggle between the 3 screen Group and my TV depending on the usage I wanted to do of my Rig.Working flawless, never had any issue with any NVIDIA drivers update

Now, few weeks ago, I decided to make my Rig full AMD (I am running a Ryzen 1500X) by the swap of the 1080Ti with a VEGA 64LC.
    The card looks gorgeous in my Rig and I am pushing a hell of an OC out of it so I have been happy so far.
    But this week-end,I decided to plug the TV to add to the 3 screen Eyefinity Group I was already running.
    Doing so broke the Group and I have found no way to create a 3 screen Group as it was possible in NVIDIA Surround. At the Arrange display step, I get 4 screens and when I select 2 screens end up with a 7680x1080 resolution instead of 5760x1080 capturing the 3 monitors and the TV altogether

I have tried to change few things in RADEON drivers CP, changing display mode in Windows etc, no joy

Any idea what I am doing wrong? I could not believe if such simple feature is not made available.

thanks

Olivier

2. screwtech02

screwtech02 Member Guru

GPU:
    R9 390 8gb x3
    It can be done, yet, with AMD you will find some "adapting" needs to be done. Your card probably shares HDMI bandwidth, ect. I have gotten it to work with 4 sceens on my setup (R9-390's) using a DP hub with 2 monitors, another using DVI, and the last on HDMI cable.

3. Nolive721

Nolive721 New Member

GPU:
    Vega 64 LC
    I decided to do a full DDU, clean install of 19.9.2 drivers then create the Eyefinity 3 monitor Group at first, without plugging in the TV then finally get it connected to the GPU HDMI and all of a sudden, worked as intended.
    I can switch between the 2 display (3 monitors vs single TV) through Windows+P combination so problem solved and happy now

screwtech02 likes this.