Adding 1TB Sata SSD tomorrow?

Discussion in 'SSD and HDD storage' started by AMDMan2016, Jan 10, 2021.

1. AMDMan2016

AMDMan2016 Active Member

GPU:
    Geforce 1660 Super
    Adding 1TB Sata SSD tomorrow--Not working! possibly gonna use one of the extra 2.5 inch drive mount areas, do i have to worry on it overheating there, or should i move the smaller 250GB SSD there, and put the newer one in the bay above the 4TB WD Black hard drive?

Case is Thermaltake V200 RGB
    Power Supply EVGA G3 650 Watt ((i hope i have spare Sata power cable for another drive lol, guess i'll find out for sure when i open and look around tomorrow))

Hopefully this case isn't a pain in the rear end to do the drive installs on, guess i'll find out on that to, as Shop built it in June, so i didn't install the drives myself yet, so guess will see how simple or tough it is tomorrow

Welcome any tips or suggestions as well to make the job even easier lol

*And of Course it get it into the system and of course doesn't work right at all period, so weighing my options right now, and guess will sort after dinner or tomorrow i suppose* Frustarted beyond belief now

Last edited: Jan 11, 2021
  2. insp1re2600

insp1re2600 Maha Guru

GPU:
    3090 Vision OC 24GB
    Eh

386SX likes this.
  3. suty455

suty455 Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 3090

386SX likes this.
  4. 386SX

386SX Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD Vega64 RedDevil
    As far as I understand your post you either want to install some ssd or you already have done it and it doesnt work.

Either "good luck, just place it somewhere" or "whats the exact issue you have?".

insp1re2600 likes this.