ADATA UV131 USB 3.0 Flash Drive

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Sep 16, 2014.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    ADATA Technology, a leading manufacturer of high-performance DRAM modules and NAND Flash application products, today launches the UV131 USB 3.0 USB Flash Drive. Featuring a stylishly professional gray...

ADATA UV131 USB 3.0 Flash Drive

2. Clawedge

Clawedge Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 570
    write speed in almost all flash drive announcements are missing, which means its crap slow.

3. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

The read and write speeds will probably be available a bit later. It's true though, it probably won't give you 500 MB/s but I am guessing it would be better than 30 MB/s (about the limit of USB 2.0 speeds). There is a USB 2.0 version also available the UV130.

The main focus of this drive is durability and heavy use portability. It looks fairly unique with the plug being part of the case and not separate, and it would probably be quite safe to knock around and treat 'badly' such as happens with key chains.

4. fry178

fry178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 2080S WB
    i do have a no-cap-waterproof-thick-rubber-case patriot rage xt as 32GB for more than a year now, and yet to see one that is faster (50-100 write) without costing 2-3 times more than mine(35$)..
    reads are better than my crucial M5 (128GB) on the same port..

5. Clawedge

Clawedge Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 570
    i hope you are right, i actually gave up on affordable and fast flash drives, and i just resourt to a 2.5 inchh mechanical drive in a usb3 enclosure.

i am looking into getting a ssd in a usb3 enclosure, now that will be fast, and way cheaper then a flash drive.

oh by the way, i have a 4 year flash drive, 8gb, its been really used and functions fine.

but a few months ago, i bought 4 tiffy pqi drives (looks a lot like the adata one, i know its not the same brand though) and three are dead. and i am standing by to toss the 4th one.

its kinda odd how quality is dropping, along with speed, i mean i have come across new usb3 drives that are slower then usb3 drives in write.

remember hald the time is spent on writes.