ADATA Offers i-Memory AI720 iOS OTG USB Flash Drive

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Dec 7, 2017 at 9:51 AM.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    ADATA launched their i-Memory AI720 flash. The AI720 is merely 7.5mm thick and comes with both Lightning and USB 3.1 connectors. The AI720 is available in 32GB, 64GB, and 128GB capacities, with gold ...

ADATA Offers i-Memory AI720 iOS OTG USB Flash Drive

2. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HIS R9 290
    Pretty cool idea. I don't want it, but I can think of people who would take advantage of this. Seems a little bulky, though.

Are there other flash drives like this, that use Micro USB or USB-C?

3. gx-x

gx-x Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 780Ti Gaming
    Well....this is faster and probably cheaper solution

edit: you can get m.2/sata ssd to <anything> solution pretty much. About 10$ for a "rack" and you are done.

[​IMG]

4. djismGAMING

djismGAMING New Member

GPU:
    RX 470 4GB
    Yeah, It is just missing the iOS integration using the Lightning connector. But there are options with card readers.
    Like the iKlips miReader4k. Almost same options as OP but using external Micro SD cards.
    [​IMG]

5. gx-x

gx-x Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 780Ti Gaming
    I picked that image at random. There are SSD/m.2/msata to whatever you want, including thunderbolt. Just google it. Thou, they are more expensive because apple....

PS. Main point that I was trying to make is you can get 500MB/s, why settle for 20/60MB/s? Yea, that's USB 3/3.1 nand flash territory. Then again, if that adata "flash" is going to be at least 20% cheaper than equivalent, in size, ssd + converter, sure, it's better. it's a bit smaller. If anyone cares for the size that much, considering that people carry note phones in their pockets these days... :)

Last edited: Dec 8, 2017 at 2:48 PM