ADATA Launches DDR4 DRAM Modules

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Sep 10, 2013.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    ADATA announced today that the company's new generation DDR4 SDRAM modules will be on display at the Intel Developer Forum 2013 (IDF13), held this year in San Francisco. Targeting server and render f...

ADATA Launches DDR4 DRAM Modules

2. BLEH!

BLEH! Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Fury
    At least another year or so before we see DDR4 compatible CPUs/chipsets right?

3. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070 FTW
    [​IMG]

Didn't take Crucial long to update their main page...

4. ATR

ATR Member Guru

GPU:
    amd 7850 CF
    Samsung were talking about ddr4 months ago. and already had ddr4 dimms

5. kenoh

kenoh Active Member

GPU:
    TitanXP 2.1GHz
    we need to go strait to MRam before we see anything revolutionary! That's the only way we will fix our storage bottleneck and will make storage safer by a large margin while increasing performance ten fold!

Last but not least we need to drop silicon and start using graphene for are chips or even better Molybdenite which uses 100,000 times less energy then current chips!

"Hopefully 100 years from now we'll have something similar to kryptonian crystals to power are every day needs!"

6. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX1080Ti AMP
    hmmm holding off til Intel releases "Broadwell" CPU's might just be the right thing to do then, screw the 4770K lol. Bring me some "Broadwell" with proper solder between the chip and IHS, at least 30-50% more performance than my current CPU @ 4.2GHz with Broadwell at its stock frequencies and DDR4 memory support! That will be me sorted for quite some time :)

EDIT:

God damn it! Just read up on Broadwell being only for mobile/tablet department and that broadwell won't be releasing for desktop anytime in 2014. Looks like that Haswell refresh is the way to go then with the 6-8 core modules hitting us sometime next year.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2013
  7. kosh_neranek

kosh_neranek Master Guru

GPU:
    Palit GTX 1070@2101 Boost
    Haswell-E will hopefully bring some real upgrade. And wouldn't it be nice if we could pair it with some proper GPUs designed for 4K resolution?Mhmm.. Anyway, hope that the "next-gen"consoles :)puke2:) won't slow us down for years to come..

8. icedman

icedman Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI Duke GTX 1080
    I cant wait till these become mainstream will really help out amd apu's I just hope the price isn't crazy high.