Activision releases System Requirements Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Oct 20, 2014.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. shoja

shoja Guest

GPU:
    2080 GAMING X TRIO

The word "Advanced" is used like everywhere. Overkill much? lol

3. BigBlockTowncar

BigBlockTowncar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Evga GTX970 SC
    55gb? Damn. I don't think my BF4 folder is even that big.

4. Megabiv

Megabiv Guest

GPU:
    GTX980Ti SLI (h²o)
    Just sounds like a lazy rip off of GR:Advanced Warfighter as far as naming goes. It either has to have Modern or Advanced and a brown drab colour palette to be a war game these days. Wonder if they'll do something like "Older Warfare" or "Not very advanced combatfighter" for another WW2 game :nerd:.

I'll be giving this a miss as it's just a genre that's over-saturated at the moment. Give me something fresh (I actually like Titanfalls sci-fi theme) and I'll have a look, but please no more games like this for a while.

5. Singleton99

Singleton99 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 12gb
    They seem like low specs to me ,considering its a new game and the word advanced is use a lot.
    Same old sorry ,being held back because of the consoles market.

Are they going to use dedicated servers ?

6. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Guest

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    Call of doody: Advanced Snorefest.

7. Megabiv

Megabiv Guest

GPU:
    GTX980Ti SLI (h²o)
    So because a game company can't be arsed to make a decent game using modern technologies or try to push the envelope you blame consoles...okay. If a company can't be bothered and the PC market laps it up time and time again you can't blame the consoles you can only blame yourself for buying ****. This **** sells because you buy it, if you didn't they wouldn't do it.

If you go to a restaurant and its a bad meal to you keep buying food from there and blame McDonalds for not being a 3 star michelin restaurant?

8. Ven0m

Ven0m Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    BF4 - 47gb on my drive, including DLC's. 55GB is a lot. No wonder such gamers take much time to load.

The graphics requirements look weird. 5870 seems to be significantly faster than 450. Also, 6GB of RAM? Really? Perhaps it'll be used for some texture/geometry/sound streaming or something like that, but it's a lot. There are still quite a few people with 4GB only - according to Steam survey, less than 50% of players have 6GB+

9. stereoman

stereoman Master Guru

GPU:
    Palit RTX 3080 GPRO
    Seems like every new COD game the installs are getting bigger, Ghosts was 40GB now Advanced Warefare needs 55GB, do they use compression or what? Anyway suppose it's good SSD prices are dropping.

10. Pete J

Pete J Master Guru

GPU:
    Some of those as well
    Exactly my thoughts - the Nvidia equivalent of the 5870 was the 470 or 480. As for 6GB of RAM - that means 64 bit, right?!

11. Battlefieldprin

Battlefieldprin Guest

GPU:
    ASUS 780TI DC 2 OC 3GB
    the last title of COD was not optemized well , at least the first version ,
    these days . Ram is not a problem since it can be bought . but gpu another sotry . I have 780ti and it seems running of vram ...... my next gpy should be 12 gb

12. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    No more COD please there killing the fps scene with there watered down shooters

13. Rexob

Rexob Guest

GPU:
    nVidia GTX 870m 3gb
    The larger issue at hand is very few companies actually devote dedicated resources for PC development independent of console. This is especially true for the FPS genre. Crysis & Far Cry are about the only two series where PC slaughters console, but neither of them have the massively popular competitive aspect that COD has.

14. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    Is this one still using the same old updated Quake3 engine?

15. CalculuS

CalculuS Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660Ti
    +1

In another year we'll get Cowadooty; flashy mlg sniper warfare with dubstep.

16. Calmmo

Calmmo Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Zotac AMP
    Killing? FPS has been dead for a while now. One crappy online multi game after another, no tx.

17. Calmmo

Calmmo Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Zotac AMP
    Yeah. Not sure id call it an id engine still tho. Even source was based on that same engine.

18. Dictator93

Dictator93 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA Titan X
    This is a completely different engine. QUite a great looking one at that if you look into their technical documentation.

19. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Games this days require some ridiculously high or low system req.

Strange they didnt said it will need 4-6GB Vram. :D

20. ferdy

ferdy Guest

GPU:
    gtx980 TI hybrid
    hope its true,source wikipedia

In an EDGE magazine interview, Michael Condrey confirmed that the engine has been built from scratch. He stated that although there are lines of the old code left, there is new rendering, animation, physics and audio systems.[4] This is the first Call of Duty since Call of Duty 2 that has used a new engine. Call of Duty: Ghosts was said to have a new engine; however, it turned out to be an upgraded version of the IW engine. It is currently unknown what the name of the new Advanced Warfare engine is.

With the new in-house engine of Advanced Warfare, the audio has been made from scratch. Don Veca, among the many of Sledgehammer Games that has left Visceral Games, is working on Advanced Warfare. "It goes through your body, into your bones, and your skull. You hear it in your ear, and it sounds completely different," Veca says in EDGE magazine, talking in-detail about the aftermath from firing a gun in-game. "No matter where you put the microphones, you're not going to capture that sound, so we've tried to emulate that feeling." Saying that audio doesn't come last as it did in previous titles, Glen Schofield says "We make sure that audio is just as important as anything else and Don's in there from the start with us."

see first then believe