Activision Bans Over 100,000 CoD: Warzone Accounts (Again)

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Aug 27, 2021.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Uhm...

So they are forcing two factor auth because... ?
    They just want to grab cell phone numbers so they can sell them as well...

CrazY_Milojko likes this.
  3. CrazY_Milojko

CrazY_Milojko Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus STRIX 1070 OC
    Really don't understand all these toxic cheaters, gaining advantage with cheats just to ruin someones joy to play games and make them ragequit from match. I've never used any type of cheat in any game either singleplayer or multiplayer and I'm a gamer since early 80s (OK, OK... except few POKE command on C64 to get few more lifes in some extremely difficult games like Ghost'n Goblins until got the Final Cartridge II to freeze and dump complete C64 RAM content into tape or 5.25" floppy to continue playing where I've stopped: imagine playing co-op Bubble Bobble and on level 98 game randomly freezes, playing Elite for days without turning of C64 and because of power blackout you lose everything... FCII was such a life/nerves saver) and I'm teaching my kids the same: once cheating in games - next time you'l be cheating about something else in real life. But guess young generation of gamers are different, thinking something like: other are using cheats so why I wouldn't doing the same? ...Gaming online these days in some popular games can be a real training for nerves...

Most likely...

HonoredShadow and JAMVA like this.
  4. Catspaw

Catspaw Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 1080/8GB
    out of 100 000 000 players, 100 000 were cheating.
    Statistically that is actually expected. 0,1% of the populating being assholes? Id say probably accurate.
    They are kinda like a Virus. When they kill one game they move to the next.

5. Zooke

Zooke Master Guru

GPU:
    3090FE + EK Block
    Ahh, those were the days, playing games like Elite with your Spectrum perched on your lap. One wrong move and that dodgy power connector which you had taped up to get a good connection suddenly lost contact and you were done.

CrazY_Milojko likes this.
  6. CrazY_Milojko

CrazY_Milojko Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus STRIX 1070 OC
    Back in 80s we at the "opposite side" didn't have that kind of problems with AC adaptor :p Although in long hot summer days gaming sessions we had to cool down AC adaptor with nylon bags full of ice cubes or else it AC adaptor would freak out and C64 would froze :D

Don't remember I raged much on power blackout while playing Elite on C64, I was sad because lost everything but that was it. I'd wait for power to return, turn on C64, load Elite from tape and start all over again from zero. But it was different story with Bubble Bobble while playing co-op with my brother, on iirc level 98 one (brother) on the left had to jump on the bubbles I was creating/blowing to him to reach the top-left part of the screen so that we could get teleported to level 100 where the main boss is. If he didn't make it quick game would froze due to some kind of bug, of course "it was always his fault", but honestly it wasn't, I just needed someone to rage at :D Brother: "...Why it is always my fault!? Here you go, you play on the left side..." Me: ."...well... nevermind, let's play again from level 1..." :rolleyes: Final Cartridge II changed everything, thank God and smart entusiast who invented that tech masterpiece for C64.

GoldenTiger, Airbud and Venix like this.
  7. Venix

Venix Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4070 super
    after i finished the gta 4 campaign and gta vice city i would put on cheats ((single player)) and just wreck havoc all over and fight with the police force that was fun XD and the same logic on few other single player games , multiplayer thought i never even tried to cheat .

HonoredShadow likes this.
  8. insp1re2600

insp1re2600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4080 FE
    where you even there if you wasn’t playing “Dizzy”, “operation wolf” “wizards lair” or “ikari warriors” bro

HonoredShadow likes this.
  9. Brasky

Brasky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070 Ti Su
    Game Genie was tons of fun, i wish i remembered more of the games.

10. kProphetk

kProphetk Member Guru

GPU:
    RX 6700 XT MECH 2X
    I've had Brain surgery and due to that, I became disabled and on a very low set income. If I am able to purchase a game or anything, I set up 2 Step. I am not that knowledgeable with a lot of this PC/Smartphone stuff ( almost 50 yrs young) and I am still trying to learn slowly. I read these forums 10x+ daily to teach myself things that many of you already know.

Ive lost game accounts, bank info breached and many many other things. But now that I know about 2 Step, in 5 yrs nothing has happened to anything of mine.

As for phone #'s I use TextNow for all that and if I get a call on it - BLOCKED! I havent ran into anything that wont except TextNow, so until then Ill keep using it as a fake number for things I 2 Step.

I just use it for Verification for my 2 Step.

I cant even upgrade my pc memory or my 250 GB SSD cuz its not within my monthly budget and thats a dream that may never come true!

Mineria and Airbud like this.

11. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    Since when is two factor authentication a bad thing?

PrMinisterGR and Airbud like this.
  12. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    They have an option to use an authenticator app which is more secure and no phone number.

13. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Giving away the phone number to people should be something you think twice about. If you don't mind everybody having your phone number, that's a personal choice. I'd rather go down this route:

... which probably still gives them information to sell, but I'd prefer that. Thanks for the intel, luckily I've had an account long enough to dodge them forcing me to use any app or give them my phone number.

14. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    I have had Battlenet 2FA before I had a mobile phone.

https://winauth.github.io/winauth/download.html

PrMinisterGR and fantaskarsef like this.
  15. Venix

Venix Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4070 super
    to be the devils advocate the 2fa does not seem like a bad idea ... with out knowing how they implemented it they might be using it to prevent people from making a new acount when they get banned a lot do not care since is free just make a new one and cheat again ...but what if you need to get a new phone number every time ?

16. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    I apologize if the reasoning behind my reluctance is highly subjective, but I don't fancy installing another app on my phone or giving them my number because somebody else cheated.

17. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    I would think most people have an authenticator app anyway - my google authenticator app has almost 20 services linked to it at this point. I've also recently required 2FA via app at the company I manage because so many people are getting hit with sim swaps attacks. I would imagine in the next 5 years or so most services will require it.

18. Venix

Venix Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4070 super
    I understand completely your reasoning and i agree as far they go with their own app instad of Google authenticator or something. All i was saying is that if it can be used to fight the cheating plague in such games i can see why they would do it.

19. HoWxCoRe

HoWxCoRe Member

GPU:
    RTX 3090 FTW ULTRA
    annnnnnd they're back

Eastcoasthandle likes this.
  20. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    And more angry then ever it appears.

Brasky likes this.