Acer XB270HU Owners Thread

Discussion in 'Computer Monitor Forum' started by PhazeDelta1, Jun 1, 2015.

1. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Moderator Staff Member

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    I have a Asus VG248QE with a G-Sync DIY kit and I was looking to uprade. So anyone currently using this monitor, post your experiences with it so far.

2. StrikeQ

StrikeQ Master Guru

GPU:
    1080 Waterforce 2139/5500
    Well, I ordered this monitor and it just showed up today.

Seems I have 4 dead pixels with it. One top left corner (~ .4" from left, ~1.7" from top). One bottom left (~1.5" from left, ~1.5" from bottom) and two touching diagonally (~3" from left, ~1.5" from bottom).

Debating if I want to go through the RMA hassle. They aren't that noticeable unless on a white/light solid background so far. Probably wouldn't have noticed them right away if I didn't look for them at first.

I haven't noticed the backlight bleed people complain about on IPS screens (My first IPS).

Going to install the new drives and finish setting things up for now.

3. CK the Greek

CK the Greek Maha Guru

GPU:
    GB 2060S,Gsync,3DV2
    Have you try pushing them gently for a sec ? Do this on each for a minute and check if they unstuck,maybe you will get lucky. I would say use it 24/7 until few days before RMA period expire and then decide if you send it back or not my friend. Some stuck pixels may come back in life on a new monitor. (dead pixels after many months of use will be dead forever).

4. StrikeQ

StrikeQ Master Guru

GPU:
    Gamed with it all night last night, and never noticed them. Only really see them on a plain background that's a light color. So don't think I'll go through the RMA hassle as it doesn't seem to bother me. I believe they are dead, not just stuck so not sure if I can get them fixed. I've tried some pressure, and the java app that can help with stuck pixels without a result. Though not for any length of time.

Using the TFT Central ICC profile and settings.

The monitor has a 4/8px wide red bar you can enable in the lower left to represent refresh rate. I guess how you can tell if gsync is working or not.

5. Pepi

Pepi Member

GPU:
    gtx 980 acx 2.0 sli ekwc
    I wish, i could be like u and don't care about dead pixels. For me one would be enough to send it back.

6. StrikeQ

StrikeQ Master Guru

GPU:
    Well messing with it some more the 2 touching shifted. They are lower now and on top/bottom rather than diagonally situated now. After doing some more pressure. Will have to play around some more after work.

Haven't bothered with the 2 solo ones yet.

If they were more noticeable I most likely would return them. But being near the edges and not clumped makes it easier to ignore. But when RMA process would take 2 weeks or so I can live with it. Though still have time if I change my mind.

7. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Moderator Staff Member

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    I'm going to get one as soon as MicroCenter starts stocking them. That way I can test out the monitor before I make a 3 hour trip for nothing lol.

8. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080Ti
    Went from a Swift to this. Build quality is a step down. Literally every other thing is a step up.

The image quality (color/contrast) of IPS is vastly superior to TN, regardless to how good the TN panel is. The AG coating is more laxed, you don't get the weird sparkly whites like you do on the Swift. It doesn't have the first frame contrast issue the Swift has. Input latency is actually lower than the Swift somehow. My original one had backlight bleed in lower right hand corner, current one has no defects what-so-ever.

Easily the best monitor I've ever owned. If Acer could actually set it into a half decent looking chassis without the gloss garbage it would literally be a perfect monitor imo.

9. StrikeQ

StrikeQ Master Guru

GPU:
    So my 2 dead pixels that are touching have moved again. Now they are about 4" higher up on the screen, again after trying some of the dead pixel fix methods.

The other 2 solo pixels haven't changed, ableit I've only given them minimal attention.

Still torn between RMA and not. It'd mean ~2 weeks 'til a new monitor that may or may not be better/worse.

10. thatguy91

thatguy91 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 480 RS 4 GB
    Dead pixels aren't meant to move, it sounds like the issue isn't with the pixel but with something else about the screen substrate. I'd recommend RMA, but do not to them you pressed them.

11. StrikeQ

StrikeQ Master Guru

GPU:
    Yea, I don't get it. It's always a pair of two. Was leaning more towards the RMA but newegg is out of stock so probably be even longer.

Edit: I do have to add that ULMB seems to work @ 120hz as well, but not 144hz. Though I'll use GSYNC instead.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2015
  12. CK the Greek

CK the Greek Maha Guru

GPU:
    GB 2060S,Gsync,3DV2
    Try to leave it ON 24/7 as I've said.(when you go to sleep loop endlessly a movie for example,prefer a non-dark all the time one,like Avatar,Rio etc,something with overall rich colors)
    How many days you have to be able to RMA ? Usually after a 5-6 days 24/7 use any issue due to bad assembly or defective panel will come active. It's not impossible to see the first days some stuck pixel to come and vanish, but only for the first "hot-non-stop-test" days.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2015
  13. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080Ti
    I've ordered one aswell to replace my Swift. Should be in my possession in about a week or less.

14. TirolokoRD

TirolokoRD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980TI ACX 2
    I ordered mine, should be here soon!!, will post back as soon as I turn that baby on!!

15. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080Ti SC
    I've learnt previously that ULMB was capped at 100Hz for the Acer XB270HU. How come you're able to do 120Hz ULMB? Can you enable that and check this please? http://www.testufo.com/

The UFO should appear clearly without motion blur.

16. StrikeQ

StrikeQ Master Guru

GPU:
    I've only ever been able to get 60hz on that page. For some reason chrome doesn't work at 120/144 for me. Even tried firefox and ie when I got my first 144hz monitor.

I saw someone else state that they got ulmb working at 120hz so I tried it. It enabled and everything seemed the same as having it on at 100hz.

Edit: Just got chrome to work at 120/144hz and ULMB definitely works at 120hz on this monitor.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2015
  17. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
    Only going to 60 for me. How did you get 120 to work?

18. StrikeQ

StrikeQ Master Guru

GPU:
    I had to turn hardware acceleration back on, have it off for the driver crashing issues with the latest nvidia drivers.

19. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080ti watercooled
    i just got one , great IQ

Here's the problem

[​IMG]

my older monitor is samsung , i deleted the sammy profile and installed the XB270HU driver\profile but still nothing changed , i re-installed the drivers , still the same problem

NVCP does recognize the monitor and what it can offer

20. CK the Greek

CK the Greek Maha Guru

GPU:
    GB 2060S,Gsync,3DV2
    Is it supposed to show the actual name ? (due to the reason that most monitors are shown generic)

If you don't have two monitors plugged in and your see two then it's either a registry issue or maybe still a previous profile in color management (also check "defaults" too)