1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Acer ships 23.6-inch 3D display in US

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Guru3D News, Feb 2, 2010.

1. Guru3D News

Guru3D News Ancient Guru

Acer announced it started shipping the GD235HZ a new 23.6 LCD display with Full HD resolution and support for NVIDIA's 3D Vision technology. You should be able to find it in US retails stores for just...

More...

2. Chouji

Chouji Ancient Guru

GPU:
    19 inch flat screen
    120hz is nice, but with shutter glasses you'll be seeing flickers at 60hz.
    This can cause headaches in a lot of people.

Personally i'm holding out for some 240hz LCD monitors. Or i may just go with a 240hz 24" LCD TV.

3. scandalous

scandalous Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA GTX 980TI Classified
    I think this monitor is perfect for me, it's just the price that's killing it. I don't know why, but because it's 120hz, the price goes up drastically. I'll wait for it to drop a couple of month's or otherwise just get a 75hz with 2 ms monitor.

I doubt 240hz screens will come out anytime soon, so you'll be waiting for a while. As it stands now, acer, samsung and viewsonic have the only 120hz screens out. Asus was working on one as well, but I don't know what happened to that.

But at the moment this screen has the best specs of the entire 120hz lcd lineup. That's is color, hz, and ms. Size is always a preference:p

4. Phatzy

Phatzy Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 7850
    i want 3d holograms not 3d monitors :)

5. bp9801

bp9801 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    BFG 8800 GTX
    A 120/240hz TV does not work on the same principle as a 120hz monitor. The monitor has its actual refresh rate at 120hz while the TV interposes a second image in the 60 per second to give the appearance of 120hz. Same thing with 240hz, just it adds in 3 extra images every second. So instead of having one image every second for 60hz, you get two or four each second for the 120 and 240hz respectively. A 120/240hz TV will not work with the nVidia 3D Vision stuff at all, two different principles.

As for the Acer monitor here, its quite nice and at least its 1920x1080.. but I'd like a 1920x1200 res lol. Ah well, I'll just keep saving up for an e-IPS or H-IPS panel.