Acer Predator X34 Will get 100Hz Refresh Rate Support

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Aug 3, 2015.

1. Martinfield

Martinfield Member

GPU:
    2x 290x @1075
    Rumors has it that the 100Hz is only available in G-Sync mode, and with G-Sync on you can't use ULMB so it would be one of those at a time. I'm really hoping it's "true" 100Hz but I'm finding it a bit too good to be true.

2. Teawithgrief

Teawithgrief Guest

ULMB is nvidias refined lightboost hack. Im asuming its also done throught their module.

Dunno... one can hope

3. Martinfield

Martinfield Member

GPU:
    2x 290x @1075
    Yeah it's a nVidia thing but as of today it can't be activated while using G-sync so you have to pick one :p so unless something has changed. Man I really want more info if I should wait for this or grab the freesync one.. I hate waiting :wanker:

4. Teawithgrief

Teawithgrief Guest

Even if it doesnt have ULMB, you should still get the gsync one... cuz its 100hz. Its a no-question.

The 75hz can still be called low refresh. 100hz can be called high refresh, and people who are used to 144hz will be ok with it.
    If you get the 100hz one, you have the best-in-slot monitor for the next 5 years at least.
    Due to SUPER SLOW cable bandwidth advancements, you wont see anything noticeably better anytime soon.

5. Martinfield

Martinfield Member

GPU:
    2x 290x @1075
    oh it has ULMB, you just can't use it at the same time as G-Sync! :)
    Yes that's what I'm waiting for - a confirmation that this screen is real 100Hz with OR without G-Sync. There's some reports that the screen is only 100Hz when using G-sync (nvidia cards) so then I wouldn't be able to use 100Hz as a AMD user. But if they say it's 100Hz all the time then I'll get it and perhaps get nvidia cards next year!

6. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 2080 Dual OC
  7. HonoredShadow

HonoredShadow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1080 ti
    As I put in the video, you are still comprimising with this monitor. Terrible black levels. Nothing like VA or Plasma, OLED. Still terrible tech until black levels are they way they used to be with CRT. Games look so pale and washed out regardless of monitor compared.

8. Martinfield

Martinfield Member

GPU:
    2x 290x @1075
  9. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    Awesome news that it will support 100hz.. Had full intention getting this monitor on release at 75hz, but this is even better :)

10. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5700 XT Thic II
    Not like I would had gotten it any way, why not 120hz, it would had been perfect for 3D vision 2 on it. Tho I would need to win the lotto before i ever able to afford it.

11. Dutchaussie86

Dutchaussie86 New Member

GPU:
    2x 980GTX
    I'm currently gaming at 4k but only just at 60fps . I'm excited about this monitor as I'll be able to get much more frames per second and see the different literally and figuratively. You get more value, gaming at 4k isn't worth it even with a 28inch trust me ... Too small.

As for price, sure it's expensive but hey it's worth it for the bleeding edge. I'm definitely snapping one up asap.