Acer EI491CRG9 49-inch MiniLED curved display G-SYNC 240Hz true 1ms HDR2000

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Apr 19, 2021.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    DeskStar likes this.
  2. cucaulay malkin

cucaulay malkin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AD102/Navi21
    no wonder it's on pre-order in china,it's where all the cards are atm :D

it's a beast of a monitor

DeskStar likes this.
  3. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    I'd take one if it were only 21:9 and maybe slightly less curved (though I could live with the bigger curvature with those specs).

Fox2232 likes this.
  4. DeskStar

DeskStar Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 3080Ti/3090FTW
    Looks like a replacement for my Viotek.

Them local dimming zones are off the charts!!!

Yes this will be mine in a couple years or so. Viotek still smells of the new new on it.... HA!

5. D1stRU3T0R

D1stRU3T0R Master Guru

GPU:
    8 GB
    What is TRUE 1ms? How is that compared to my 240Hz 0.5ms AOC for example?

6. NCC1701D

NCC1701D Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 FE
    Anyone have a 49" monitor that can comment on the experience? I feel like my 34" UW is a pretty good size. Do you have to physically turn your head to see the whole thing? How is the game support for 32:9?

7. cucaulay malkin

cucaulay malkin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AD102/Navi21
    well I have two 2560x1440 ones side by side,and watchdogs 2 lets you run borderless multimonitor.
    it's really nice.you're gonna see pretty much everything,I mean your fov will cover that easily.you can't focus on that much space,but it is nice and you will be able to see that on a curved display without spraining your neck.

8. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    It's mostly marketing and can't be a basis to ascertain if one is faster than another.

9. GREGIX

GREGIX Master Guru

GPU:
    Inno3d 4090 X3
    Still LG cx 48-65 is better, cheaper option...

10. Ricepudding

Ricepudding Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Disagree, those screens go to high, the nice thing about these is they are all still same height as a normal 1440p screen just much wider similar to two screens side by side.

I got a 55 LG for tv/movies etc and although its great for that I think it would be to high you'd have to keep looking up and down. Still They are a ton cheaper in that regard.

If LG did a 38-40inch That would be an easy win, I don't think at that point it would be too high and considering the price it would easily win out. (Minus possible burn in) 3

11. Ricepudding

Ricepudding Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Changes are it can reach 1ms but have insane amounts of overshoot with pixels and some odd ghosting. It's all marketing numbers. I'd expect around 4-8ms with it being a VA panel give or take some

12. vazup

vazup Guest

GPU:
    r9 280X
    Except its huge not many want a screen that big on their desk.

13. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900xtx Black
    I have a 49 inch. Zero regret. Had a 35 inch 21:9 before. I LOVE THIS monitor.
    You do not have to really look to see anything. I sit pretty pretty close though in a custom cockpit.

And anyone who says any size 16:9 over this or 21:9 has an intelligence issue. Cant change my mind.

NCC1701D likes this.
  14. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    3800 Euros? Who buys these things? You're so much better off buying a high end OLED TV that has a game mode. 4K is only 12.5% higher res than that derpy resolution, and with a ratio that actually matches human eyes instead of having half of it sit in your periphery. That and the fact that ANY OLED makes any of these monitors look like hot garbage.

15. hallgi

hallgi Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    Former Samsung Odyssey G9 owner here. If you try a 49" monitor once, you will see, how superior 32:9 ratio is to 16:9 or even ultrawide. Becuse you have gamespace also in your peripherial vision, it kinda sucks you into the space, its much much more immerse. Modern games support this ratio in hud elements also, so you don't have to turn your head constantly. On top of that the 1000R curvature is also a nice upgrade from 1800R. I've had the opportunity to try them both. I aggree, that OLED screen quality is far superior, but the super ultrawide ratio makes completely up for that in my opinion. If the reviews will be good, this monitor will be my next purchase without a doubt.

Agonist likes this.

16. richto

richto Guest

GPU:
    2 x 7900GX2 GTX DUOs in Quad SLi
    This has proper HDR. LG CX with 100% White at only circa 130 Nits can't get close. OLEDs might be cheaper but just like the best TVs you can buy are the Mini LED QLEDs you get what you pay for.

17. asturur

asturur Maha Guru

GPU:
    Geforce Gtx 1080TI
    I have no idea how people can still fight over LCD vs OLED. It seems clear to me that a good OLED TV is superior to any LCD TV ( of any kind ) for movies and color accuracy, and that monitors are superior in gaming, especially those one.

Cheaper or not cheaper is not on the equation, because that means, that is best for you compared to what you decided is a sane amount of money to spend on one of your many hobbies.

Certified or not, this monitor is probably superior in gaming than any generic tv

18. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    You have a 49" @ 1080p. Same vertical height as a tiny 24" mainstream. Not comparable to this one. :rolleyes:

19. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900xtx Black

Another genius who thinks resolution is tied on vertical to fov. Just stop.
    I see exactly the same as somebody with a 1440p super wide. You don't have any more vertical desktop space nothing. And I know this because I've had my side by side with my friends 1440p Super wide.

I know exactly what the hell I have in my Monitor and what I'm talking about when it comes to them. I love when people think 8 tall monitor means you actually seem more. Only in a 16:10 or 32:10 do you see more vertical. You don't see anymore in a 40 inch 4K gaming monitor than I do gaming on my 1080p Super wide. Most games are not vert+ fov anyways.

20. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900xtx Black

16:9 blows. I'd rather game on a 25 inch 21:9 1080p instead of the best 16:9 OLED 4k.