Acer Delays Predator X27 4k HDR GSync monitor to next year

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Aug 4, 2017.

1. hapkiman

hapkiman Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080Ti Gaming X
    I concur sir (well, I may not call them crazy). But I love my Dell 4k - 27" IPS monitor. Astonishing detail in games -literally photo realistic. BTW I also currently have an ASUS 27" 1440p monitor and a Samsung 1080p 22". I would take the 4k to game on 7 days a week and twice on Sundays. Typically those that say it's too small for 4k haven't spent any significant time using one, and compared it side by side to a 1440p or 1080p.

:)

2. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT
    While most of the gurus here are waiting for a super 4K HDR IPS monitor 144Hz i´ve been looking for a good 1440p IPS 144Hz screen that doesn´s cost an arm and a leg but for all my search have been for nothing!:bang:

It´s like every PC tech/part drops their prices after an while in the market with the exception of monitors that not only maintain the prices but sometimes even increases it...

Just a questions for you guys, is this a good purchase:https://www.worten.pt/informatica/g.../monitor-gaming-34-lg-34uc79g-b-curvo-6011988

It´s the cheapest monitor i can find with my required specs.

3. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    I'd like a 36" true RGB HDR 4K display, with 0 input lag, true blacks, a fully adjustable stand, 240Hz+, any angle viewing, that also has FreeSync and GSync.

While we're at it, I'd like to have the woman in your avatar. :wanker:

Oh a more realistic note, I'm waiting for an affordable 1440p display that's 120Hz+ with HDR support. That might somehow still be several years away.

4. coth

coth Master Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 2060 Super EX
    I prefer sharpness over ultra smoothness. And 4K is still not enough for 27''.

5. LimitbreakOr

LimitbreakOr Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    The more Pixel density the better, if i could have 16k on a 27inch screen I would be very happy. Sure, i could only play 5 year and older games at those rez but they would look so sharp. Once you experience 4k 27inch, you can never go back to a lower rez.

6. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    i have seen 4k on 24" granted it threw DSR but it super nice image, its inconstant scaling and bad scaling of GUI's that is this issue but when GUI is not issue it super nice image, that and no gpu can really do 4k and keep 60fps atlset not with spending few arms and legs

Last edited: Aug 5, 2017
  7. coth

coth Master Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 2060 Super EX
    Many games, especially Frostbite, idTech and UE4 games, have resolution scale. This allows to downsample graphics, yet maintaining crisp game UI and text.

8. vdelvec

vdelvec Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 3090
    I want a 640hz 42-inch curved HDR10 4k or 5k monitor. I hear there's one being released sometimes in 2015.

Its supposed to have 360 degree swivel and tilt, perfet blacks, G-Sync AND Freesync and the new Matrox-sync.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2017
  9. TheOnlyTwiTch

TheOnlyTwiTch Guest

GPU:
    Asus 1080Ti OC SLI
    Wow, I kinda knew it would either be delayed or discontinued. There was just way to many good tech's in this monitor.

This is a bit disappointing as I sold my x34 Predator earlier this year, and just 2 weeks ago sold my old pc and bought a new one specifically for this monitor.

As others have pointed out I do wish this monitor was a bit larger, but 27" is probably the best compromise between competitive fps monitor where you want around 24" so you dont have to look around too much, and a larger more cinematic feeling 32-34" monitor.

10. brubble

brubble Guest

GPU:
    gtx770
    No kidding?

Go figure. My uneducated guess would say its because these things would be sitting collecting dust on more store shelves than actual desks as most people cant afford the (undoubtedly) 10x 1080ti cards to run this monitor at any sort of respectable specs, let alone afford the ridiculous price tag this monitor is guaranteed to have plastered on it. Waiting for Volta?

11. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    As much as I'd like to have such a screen, I can't imagine the price tag coming with it, not to mention you probably still need 2 high end GPUs to drive this one with higher refresh rates for FPS shooters and the likes.

Currently still happy with my 1440p 144Hz Gsync 27" screen (XB270HU), not really that sad that this display's release is postponed.