AC Valhalla crashes with Vega64-post 20.11.1 drivers

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Krevar, Feb 17, 2021.

1. Krevar

Krevar Member

GPU:
    Vega 64 Strix
    Hie everyone, AC Valhalla freezes then crashes just after ingame or benchmark since 20.11.1 dirvers (i have vega64 strix working perfectly, good temperatures) . These one works perfectly, no crashes after hours. EVERY (yes, tested them all...) driver after have the same problem. I tried clearing game and shader caches, did clean installs... And now i just upgraded my pc, changed mobo and cpu (4770k to 5800x :)), did a new windows install... And same problem again!!!. My card works perctly with any other game of course. Any Vega user have the same problem? I already sent bug reports but problem still here. Am i the only one not being able to upgrade drivers without broking this game? Please tell me i'm not alone and we can contact AMD! Thanks!

DanielRX likes this.
  2. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX AMD Vanguard

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6800XT
    Hi Krevar, I will ask in our Vanguard team if someone with VEGA could test it and possibly reproduce the crash.

Krevar likes this.
  3. Krevar

Krevar Member

GPU:
    Vega 64 Strix
    Hi, thanks a lot! At least one other vega user had same problem on amd forum. Thanks again, hope it will be fixed!

4. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX AMD Vanguard

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6800XT
    DanielRX likes this.

5. Krevar

Krevar Member

GPU:
    Vega 64 Strix
    Thanks for having a look at it, but i still have no clue why the game doesn't work whith recent drivers... Really no Vega users here with same problem? Or on the contrary people playing Valhalla fine with last drivers ?
    Thank you again SpajdrEX, i'll report if i find a fix, but since changing my rig did nothing i won't hope much...

6. Thiago Diniz

Thiago Diniz Member

GPU:
    RX VEGA 64
    I'm getting random crashes on Rainbow 6 Siege with lastest drivers, I mean, really random. Sometimes I turn on my PC, open the game and play for like an hour with no problem, sometimes I turn on PC, open the game, start playing and crashes playing the first map/round (Game Closes, no error). Restarting sometimes fix it, sometimes not (I have Fast Startup OFF). I can play other games (like CoD:MW) with no problems.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2021
  7. GREGIX

GREGIX Master Guru

GPU:
    6800XT Merc
    Just for conscience sake, check if ur system is fine, by just running as admin cmd.exe and doing sfc /scannow.
    I had weird situations with broken system, one game refused to work, while others was working perfectly.

8. Thiago Diniz

Thiago Diniz Member

GPU:
    RX VEGA 64
    Its a fresh install (win + game), i just changed my ssd last weekend. The only thing I didn't do yet is:
    - clear/reset game settings (delete Documents\My Games\Rainbow Six Siege folder). I keep my documents folder on a secondary HD, so even formatting, the settings is always the same.
    - back some previous drivers, I'm always using/testing lastest available, and I don't remember when exactly starts to happen

BUT, I'll give sfc /scannow a try.

EDIT: Yesterday, after work, I just turn on my PC and played for 2h straight, not a single crash. The only thing I did was to disable Uplay in-game overlay and all notifications.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2021
  9. Damnit

Damnit Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Vega 64 BIOSmod
    I was having a lot of reliability issues with my system on the last released driver set, mostly on Fallout 4 and AC Valhalla. I kept backpedaling on the drivers until I got to 20.8.3, which made my system stable.

And I tried disabling/removing/resetting various overlays (Uplay, Steam, Radeon crap), monitoring software (HWInfo, RTSS), OC tools (afterburner, ryzen master) and bringing BIOS options back to default or more stable values and the same issues remained.

For AC Valhalla, I tried resetting all the game cache and resetting the driver's cache pool in the radeon software as well. Didn't help at all.

Might not work for everyone but for me going back to 20.8.3 worked wonders for me. Now the only crashes I get to enjoy are strictly from my overly and poorly modded Fallout 4 game.

Currently playing on a Vega 56 BIOS mod to 64