1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AC Origins, Freesync and RTSS = stutter?

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by Synoxia, Feb 19, 2018.

1. Synoxia

Synoxia Active Member

GPU:
    Rog Vega 64
    ^ Title. Normally i use RTSS plus Freesync to have smoothest possible experience, but in this game this combination stutters a bit.
    Anyone experiences the same?

2. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 XTX LiQuiD
    No, I have CHill set to 64-70FPS as always + Reshade
    Everything is smooth.

In game bench (we can't disable it tho lol) shows Great Experience of 60FPS average.
    Mixed V.High/High & Medium

Water on Ultra ;)

3. Synoxia

Synoxia Active Member

GPU:
    Rog Vega 64
    Why you use chill? It doesn't work as good as RTSS

4. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 XTX LiQuiD
    I have this on default.
    For all games 64-70 (some games like BF1/4 & R6:S gets 70FPS no Chill)
    That's why i don't like DDU ;)
    Besides i don't like to have toons of software when gaming.
    Pings & Latency is what matters.

5. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    AC Origins is retarded and stutters due to sucking the life out of the CPU. Every rig I've seen it running on had every thread pushed to 100% resulting in one of the extremely rare cases of CPU bottleneck. Sounds like their layer after layer of DRM garbage has finally added up to enough to make CPUs struggle.

6. Synoxia

Synoxia Active Member

GPU:
    Rog Vega 64
    Yes, i agree guys that this game is badly optimized but still, my CPU usage is at 50-60% on all cores, ram is fine, Vram too, FPS are stable 60 but i have stuttering with RTSS which is the only program i know that stabylizes frametimes... Now either fix the issue with RTSS or someone might suggest another program (if it exists) that does the same as RTSS does?

7. Synoxia

Synoxia Active Member

GPU:
    Rog Vega 64
    Any update on this? This is stupid. I can play games even at 30 fps, but anything under 60 without RTSS feels garbage. There must be an alternative to RTSS or a way to fix RTSS stutter in ac origins

8. Fox2232

Fox2232 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -NDA +AW@240Hz
    RTSS has 3 different rendering methods which affect performance depending on engine. Then RTSS usually does not cause issues on its own. I used to have issues with older builds of HWiNFO64 (Fighting for access to monitoring chips).

Alternative to RTSS is AMD's driver, it has overlay and fps limiter. Neither of those may be as good as RTSS, but they are alternative. And if RTSS misbehaves in this particular game, then use custom profile to prevent OSD and limiter from working with that game. Instead make profile in Driver.

9. Synoxia

Synoxia Active Member

GPU:
    Rog Vega 64
    Actually i've found out that 2 framelimiters (FRTC and RTSS) that are not the game's own framelimiter will cause stutter for some reason.
    FRTC is garbage compared to RTSS xD cmon fox, i thought you knew this well. RTSS is what makes PC gaming awesome with perfect framepacing.
    It isn't the OSD that's causing problem, but the framelimiter.
    And i want to use RTSS framelimiter because it's better than anything else :) With "RTSS alternative" i meant a framelimiter that also stabilyzes frametimes like RTSS does, but doesn't seem to exist any today.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2018
  10. Chastity

Chastity Maha Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 390/GTX1070M
    The Adrenalin branch of FRTC works a lot better than earlier revisions. Using it now in conjunction with Chill, and it's spot on. Only benefit with using RTCC is their customizable OSD these days. Both work equally well for frame limiter.

11. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 XTX LiQuiD
    yup, NP for me either.
    Adrenalin + Chill + Freesync Sweet Spot is an 100% Honey Gaming
    64-70 is my Sweet spot

12. BAZOKA1942

BAZOKA1942 Member Guru

GPU:
    sapphire r9 390
    a- use 17.12.2 cause instantly go to 18.2.3 stutter a lot very bad the main raison for stutter
    b- use borderless window

c- turn of volumetric clouds + 20% smoothness
    d- down character model to hight 15% + environment detaille to very hight maybe for not high end card + 8% or so

a-b-c-d are reason for frame times and lag even your card its 100 fps percentage are for smoothness and not major visual difference expect clouds

1-use 17.12.2 - 18.2.3 is the cause for stutter for me
    2-use borderless window
    3-volumetric clouds off
    3-character model hight
    4-environment detaille very hight
    5- prerendred frames 1 this one extra

those are listed by importance and reason to disable stutter especially driver and borderless + clouds

Last edited: Feb 28, 2018
  13. Synoxia

Synoxia Active Member

GPU:
    Rog Vega 64
    Does 18,2,2 work good? I don't want to lose kingdom come optimizatons.. also even consoles have volumetric clouds so turning off is blashpemy. How do you set prerendered frames on amd?

BAZOKA1942 likes this.
  14. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 XTX LiQuiD
    Hmm 18.2.3 working Great in AC:O for me.
    I have V.High & High + 80% Render scale for 1440p -> ~60FPS average in game.
    Not cripled Visuals at all :D

That game is just like other UBI games, You need to find your sweet spot.
    For EA Games i can easily go for Ultra + AA,
    but not in UBI (they have far worst Programers + Opti. is just weak period)

I have Pre-render as always x3 (3FPS ahead from CPU)

Last edited: Mar 2, 2018
    BAZOKA1942 likes this.
  15. BAZOKA1942

BAZOKA1942 Member Guru

GPU:
    sapphire r9 390
    i didnt try with 18.2.2 but i think that work fine and its 18.2.3 problem try and see

for volumetric clouds i put it as a + so not as important but it help for my card r9 280x game will be smooth even not a big fps gain so i put for people wanna smooth gamplay and low end guys for you not matter a lot r9 fury

prerendered frames download radeonmod go to umd FlipQueueSize = 0x3100
    and Main3d_DEF = 1 Main3d = 0x3100

Synoxia likes this.

16. Synoxia

Synoxia Active Member

GPU:
    Rog Vega 64
    Will try. Btw NONE of my ryzen cores get near 70% load. I can't figure out the reason of the costant microstutters. No Vram bottleneck (sits around 2.8 gb) GPU is underutilized because i cap the game at the minimum framerate. Even if i cap the game at 30 FPS and it's costant (the fps don't change) microstutters are there. wdf ubisoft