About them drivers!

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Foamy4, Aug 28, 2009.

1. Foamy4

Foamy4 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX770 4GB
    Hello everyone
    I'm currently using the 186.18 version. I tried several of the 190.xx drivers but they all performed quite poor (e.g lots of game crashes, poor fps).
    I want to update my display driver because it's like my Inno3D Geforce 295GTX is only using 1½ of the GPUs and I think it's driver related.
    So my question is: What known stable driver versions should I try?
    I could jut go for it and test them all but the last time I did that, Nvidia control panel messed up and I had to reinstall my computer. hehe :p

2. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    You have to test them all, and it won't mess up your computer if you do it properly.

Install a driver, test it, then uninstall it, reboot into safe mode, use Driver Sweeper, reboot then install a new one.

I know its more time consuming, but its the only thorough way of doing it.

Other people can't really recommend a driver for you, as they don't have the exact same hardware and software as you, and every PC will have slightly different results.

190.62 are the best i've used, but other people have problems with them, im sure its their fault, but i am a cynical know it all.

3. Foamy4

Foamy4 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX770 4GB
    oh thanks. :)
    That was what I did but in the end Nvidia control crashed, when I tried to open it and I got some random, terrible screen tearings. :p'
    But I guess it's the only way then.