About the new physic drivers >?

Discussion in 'Videocards vs General Purpose - NVIDIA Ageia PhysX' started by Leon.S.K, Aug 11, 2008.

1. Leon.S.K

Leon.S.K Master Guru

GPU:
    hello

back again :nerd:

im just warred about my performance drop

if what i 'v read is true then from my SLI setup im gonna get 1 card running

should i get a 9600 to handle the physics or not :3eyes:

2. kapu

kapu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 6800
    I would like to see at least few good games with major diffrance physx on/off :p.

I dont think you need third card if you have SLI ;o

3. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    you don't "need" the 3rd card if you have SLI, however, either you will disable SLI and have one card for graphics and one for Phsyx, or both cards in SLI but both be doing graphics and phsyx (not actually sure if that's possible yet, usually that would be less performance then the last option, but i'm not sure in the case of SLI)

Or, have 2 cards in SLI, for your graphics, and one card for Phsyx, this one is the one that theoretically would give you the best performance

4. frizbee

frizbee Member Guru

GPU:
    Radeon HD 6870 2GB
    I'm not sure you are able to mix cards with SLI at this point. I tried to put my 8600 GT in my third PCIE slot last week and lost SLI and Physix. I read that adding a third card (non SLI) that is different from your first two and keeping SLI is something to be implemented in the near future, and put my plans on hold.

5. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Yeah the 3rd card for SLI isn't fully supported yet however they did say it is in development