About new website and logo

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by xodius80, Aug 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xodius80

xodius80 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX780Ti
    hello there i like the new website look, but let me be honest the LOGO just looks plain, i have an idea for those talented people and hilbert,

lets make a prize wining challange to make a new logo with hilbert handing... out lets say a 670gtx or the like xD (any prize imo haha just being picky here with the prize)

so we all can contribute to the hard working staff of guru3d and make it more social toward the website.

how about it? a new logo from the users, and prize to the winner in a poll! its just awsome,

leave your comments or ideas! thanks and g3d keep it up! great job on the new site!

edited so it woulnt be harsh to some people.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2012
  2. xodius80

xodius80 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX780Ti
    it could be narrowed it down to 2 events:

the 1st event users can contribute with the new logos arts so the staff can pick what they like best and make a total of 5 to 10 picks.

then the 2nd event the staff can make a poll with the best 10 - 5 logos so the users can vote on who wins!

everyone wins! new logo, a prize, THE NEW GURU OF 3D!

edited, taken off some political stuff to avoid drama.

3. Sprecker

Sprecker Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotech 680 4g
    I'm sure your enthusiasm is appreciated and all but I am sure someone worked hard on the logo and it wasn't just thorwn on there to fill space. You may not like it and your entitled to your opinion but in my oponion starting a thread to have it changed is a little harsh.
    Also the web site is privately owned is definitely not a democracy.

4. xodius80

xodius80 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX780Ti
    no need to be so serious about my comment, ive just had an idea based on my opinion, and well wanted to find out if others feel the same about it, plus to make somthing fun out of it, i think the staff of guru 3d wont think my comment is harsh, they are big grown men i bealive.

plus im not in anyway offending the design staff, they know the ''logo'' is just a font with an outline shadow and glow, in a designer point of view its rather plane, in anyway u look at it.

anyyyways i hope this thread doent become a drama, wich was never my intentions, i repeat i thought it was just for fun and maybe get some real utility from the user forums.

btw the democracy thing was just a joke jeshh.

5. Lethal Abz

Lethal Abz Maha Guru

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 470
    I've noticed a lot of people including the Mods being overly emotional about anyone criticizing the website in a productive way. Yes, the developers worked hard, but everyone has a right of opinion, and these feedback are beneficial to the designers too because they will help you make future improvements!

6. connta

connta Banned

GPU:
    MSI GTX660Ti TwinFrozr IV
    and the site is back to its previous form... which i really support, new site had no "soul" and felt really generic (plain)...

just my 2c

7. Andrés

Andrés Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 6950 2Gb
    Honestly I never cared about the logo, only about the website contents and forums. That's what matters, IMHO.

8. bobdude

bobdude Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6gb
    lmao my side hurts now....you better take a second look at the old site

9. IPlayNaked

IPlayNaked Banned

GPU:
    XFire 7950 1200/1850
    It's not a terrible idea, really.

10. scoter man1

scoter man1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070ti
    I'd have to agree. There was a lot of almost 'wasted' space in the new design. A bit too much clutter in one place too. I just felt like
    [​IMG]

11. hallryu

hallryu Don Altobello

GPU:
    2x HD7970
    Feedback is fine, disrespect is another matter entirely. I make no apologies for addressing that.

12. Finchwizard

Finchwizard Don Apple

GPU:
    -
    Hallryu is right.

If you feel like you have some kind of Feedback. Offer it in a respectful way.

Not creating a competition to replace a logo that has just been made and the amount of work to configure new servers, redo themes and whole new CMS and move things into the new system.

Even if you create a Poll to see if people like the new Logo, Don't like it. Don't have feelings either way. And keep your "I think it sucks" comments out. Because they're not helpful in the slightest.

A poll would give a more nicer way for people to provide feedback.

13. xodius80

xodius80 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX780Ti
    oh my god. so much drama just close the tread admin, my bad, i apologize to all, wow, just wow.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.