about Modern Warfare 2 PC

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by ElementalDragon, Nov 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PirateNeilsouth

PirateNeilsouth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    980 OC
    If i see that link one more time i think i'll go blow up somewhere :p

2. DeMS

DeMS Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI R9 270X HAWX 2GB
    Killstreaks, perks... What's the actual difference? They randomize the game and give everyone chances to earn points, while a game should rather be quite predictable instead.

Thigs falling from the air which are unavoidable tend to kill the fun.

We've been promised the same thing so many times before... Yeah, maybe you'll be able to destroy some locked doors for an alternate passage, but it's still a linear game that offers you more than one small path to get to the same place. Just like HL2, where they promised physics would be key to advancing and you would be able to go anywhere you wanted. Yeah, right.

Point here is that it might be rushed. If some of them are defective, it means there's a good chance it's a whole batch. Besides, there might be far more trouble at launch than that (game underperforming on some systems? Memory leaks? We've seen close to it all already), but we will see.

While IW is usually releasing games smoothly and without 'too many bugs' (at least not show-stoppers), the IW of those last two years is not the IW that has always been.

Fingers crossed for all of you buying it.

3. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    well.... killstreaks require you to achieve a certain number of kills without dieing. Perks are always in effect, or come into effect under certain circumstances (i.e. getting killed causes the Martyrdom perk to come into effect).

And i think there's a far greater chance of it being a simple issue with specific discs themselves than with entire batches.... but who knows.

stormy: Wow.... a video that looks quite obviously like it was thrown together by some pissed off person with video editing software. Does anyone find it funny how that scene they're going through looks.. oh... i dunno... almost EXACTLY identical in the way everyone is moving in the one trailer that showed the different killstreaks? Not to mention the fact that i don't think i've ever seen a LEAKED gameplay TRAILER. usually it's leaked gameplay. And it seems a tad fishy that the message showing the countdown doesn't seem lined up every time.

Yeah.... i'll believe it when i see it.... which i will.... because i'm heading down to wal-mart tomorrow at midnight to get it. Hopefully my local walmart has it tomorrow night for PC....

As for the "no kicking or banning".... i'm pretty sure there is a way to kick people. From what i've read, they said you can't kick people from ranked matches. I'm assuming there will still be SOME method to kick someone, be it because he's being annoying, or standing around idle. Probably a vote kick kinda deal.

4. notyou

notyou Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 6970
    The vote to kick is one of the most abused things ever. I am constantly getting kicked by whinny little bitches that are getting their asses handed to them. People can't just take their beating. They vote to kick anyone better then them.

5. Austyn

Austyn Guest

Ok, ive been following this thread for a while now and have been reluctant to post. But from what ive gathered so far, many of you have valid points. And i think that everybody who feels they have a right to complain, are completely justified.

To start,

9vs9? - As somebody else in this thread states, i feel this is a good implementation. Maybe they went a little too far, but due to the "non-dedicated servers", the reality is, you want this game to be playable with as less lag as possible. The other plus is that it should promote the whole "immersive, teamplay orientated experience". I dont see any drawbacks in this. I for one am happy to relinquish the days of crowded maps for a XP farm fest.

Non-Dedi Servers? Ok, i can completely understand the outcry from the loyal PC gamers on this front. I for one have been playing PC games since Soldier of Fortune 1 and 2, online. Also ive played Battlefield 2 along with many other titles, and admittedly, Dedicated servers reduce the lag in server, allow for custom maps and mods and gives owners the control to kick idiots and people using offensive or derrogatory language, or actions that are not in accordance with their server rules. Thats that con's i guess. The pro's for me far outweight these provided that players are going to embrace the idea of "progression".

Using Steam, with its built in "friends" and "play with friends" interface its something that greatly resembles and compares to the Xbox Live interface in that you can "Join A Friends Game". Provided you all have your friends Steam ID's you will have no problems joining a game with all your friends. This undoubtedly makes it far easier to join games quickly and still doesnt alienate those that want to play with their friends.

VAC/Punkbuster - This is possibly the only concern for me. I have not played games using VAC protection for a while, but as im aware, their are still countless people cheating and bypassing this preventative software. But in hindsight, i know that W@W and MW1 can be cheated on easily. Im afraid it's something that wont ever go away, regardless of what anti-cheat software being used.

No Lean? - Being a Soldier of Fortune 2 player at the core, Leaning was a BIG part of the online game, but, as somebody has already mentioned .. "learn to adapt". Dont forget, if you cant lean, neither can anybody else, so you are not at a disadvantage, nor an advantage.

Cost Hike - What do you expect, all the hype, all the publicity, its just good marketing by Activision. I dont think other titles will follow suit, but i do expect other BIG NAME titles to possibly take the same course of action.. I wouldnt be suprised of the likes of BioShock 2 gets a price hike and other big future releases.

ElementalDragon - I am well aware you are trying rigorously to defend this game, and you have some very valid points, but in my personal opinion, you have gone the completely wrong way of conducting yourself to get your point across. Their is no need to insult other peoples intelligence and attempting to belittle them on a public forum. I also strongly disagree with your comments in regards to tanks, campers and so forth. If people want to use tanks, let them. If people wants to camp, let them. But if you want to rage about it.. scream at your monitor, punch your cat, throw your pc out the window. do anything but rage about your inability and frustrations in pc gaming on this forum. Because, we just dont care.

Anyway, im done here. I, despite the changes am still looking forward to MW2. I however will be picking this up on the xbox 360 and not the PC. Unless some sort of guarenteed preventative measures are made on the PC to stop piracy, and to implement some harsh consequences for those that are pirating this game. PC gaming as a whole will detiorate with time. Only the MMORPG's will survive.

6. ElementalDragon

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    Could be one of the reasons they went with running off of the Steam platform.... makes piracy a bit harder. Yes, i know there are teams who crack Steam-based games so Steam isn't required... but AFAIK, that also eliminates the ability to play online.... let alone not having a valid key. As for VAC/PunkBuster.... i'm glad it's running VAC. PunkBuster... if you ask most people... generally sucks. I don't think i've seen a cheater of any sort in a Steam game in quite some time. I have to disagree with you though that piracy is leading to PC gaming's deterioration. Yes, it has some to do with it... but you can't exactly say that piracy is a PC deal. Wii has chips. 360 has chips. DS, PSP... the only console that DOESN'T have piracy yet is the PS3... which in case you hadn't noticed, is constantly being worked on.

and.... "do anything nbut rage about my inability and frustration in pc gaming"? exactly what "inability"? I say campers are idiotic because quite often, if i'm playing World at War, there are quite a few times where i'll sneak completely around to the other side of the map... and people don't notice me until they notice people getting killed that they know weren't out in the open/in front of them. i usually don't see a lot of people putting forth as much effort to try to progress and knock the enemy team to another section of the map. Take, for example... Sub Pens. The majority of the time, there's one group of people defending/camping in the one room at one side shooting anyone that comes out of the lower room with the missiles/burning barrel.... and another group on the other side, hiding out behind the large table, or up the steps on the little platform, shooting anyone trying to venture through the piles of crap. Then, there's the few random stragglers camping in the middle, shooting anyone who tries to dart down the open sub. People who use tanks.... like i said before.... covering themselves in bulletproof armor in what is typically an infantry based game. yes... people say that tanks are easy to kill.... but there are times i shoot two rockets at the back of a tank rather quickly, then lob a sticky grenade at the back too, and it's still not down.

7. TroM

TroM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte HD6850 OC
    Cod had vehicles as far back as United Offensive... Nothing new at the time. I loved United Offensive though, how expansive and big it was... as well as the original Cod release. I stopped playing right after cod 2, where it got more and more ridiculous.

8. Austyn

Austyn Guest

Are you kidding? when was the last time you played a game using steam? I think it was only yesterday that i noted two aimbotters on TF2 and as long as i can remember, everytime i play CS, ive come across atleast one wallhacker, aimbotter or what not per gaming sessions.

You say that Piracy on the PC "isnt" the cause of its downfall. Im sorry but you are WRONG.

Too pirate a PC GAME is VERY EASY, VERY ACCESSIBLE, AND FREE. To pirate on an xbox, you need to flash the firmware thus opening your xbox case (no you dont need a "chip"). This immediately deters alot of people as it voids the warranty. Furthermore, Just because you get your xbox "chipped" as you say, does not mean you can burn the games either. Xbox, Wii and PS3 all use "disc phases" Which means that every so often, (Forza 3 is a great example) a "new phase" of disc that the game is put on to. Xbox can detect if a game is burnt onto a disc that doesnt match the disc phase. Not too mention, you have to modify some of the files on the image file itself before you burn it.

Too save myself from blabbering further more, il rephrase what i previously said. PC PIRACY IS EASILY....VERY EASILY accessible by ALL. It's easier to pirate a PC game than it is to go to the shop, and cheaper than to buy it online, and far quicker.

To pirate a console game, you need to modify firmware/hardware/software, void a warranty and take a risk of having an account banned if you make any mistakes. Its a far GREATER gamble.

If game devs could develop a sure to identify these pirate and actualy hardware ban, and if people feel hard done by, then it will teach them to suck eggs. It would also be ideal that it bans your steam account to, thus risk losing ALL your steam games, or the ability to EVER play them online.

If something like that could be implemented, im pretty confident that developers would consider dedicated more time and resources into their games for the PC audience.

Last but not least, ElementalDragon, you come across as increasingly arrogant and just a pompus prick. Take some advice, stop blowing your own trumpet. - i suggest you take what ive said with a large pinch of salt

9. seaplane pilot

seaplane pilot Guest

GPU:
    2080Ti Strix
    #mw2 F O A D - IW/ Craptivision

Best regards,
    A Dedicated Server

In reply to: What other new Killstreak ...

Go twitter some hatred people.

:banana:

10. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Guest

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    Sounds to me like you're in denial over just how many people pirate on consoles.
    I mean, you have to look no further than any torrent site and see just how many people are ripping the Xbox version of MW2. If you are trying to make claim that piracy is the reason that companies and development teams are throwing together poorly made PC games then clearly you are delusional. If this were true, then every game released would be washed down and nerfed to the level that MW2 for PC is. This is completely not the case..

As was mentioned in other threads, if say even 200k people decide to not purchase the PC version of this game, it equates to many monies. Sure money will get lost through piracy, but this will happen on all platforms. Sure it may be more "time consuming" to hack an xbox, but many many many people have done so. Not arguing that is it "easier" to pirate on PC.. this is obvious.. but what do you think because its "harder" in your words to pirate on xbox people don't do it? lol you need to check reality if you're going to make bold claims like that..

and for the record, all you need to hack on an xbox is the firmware of the disc drive.. nothing more. There is no software/hardware bs that needs to happen.. just the firmware. Based on your comments about how hard it is to hack an xbox, I would have imagined that you knew this already??

Last edited: Nov 9, 2009

11. seaplane pilot

seaplane pilot Guest

GPU:
    2080Ti Strix
    N!

Very well said.
    +190836 Total Signatures

12. Austyn

Austyn Guest

Why do i get the impression that NEITHER of you have any respect for other peoples opinions? And Seapilot, if you have not got anything worth while to add to these threads, then just dont post at all ok. We really couldnt care about your +1 on your post counts.

Back to the thread. Im not dellusional, but you statements are based on "if's" and flawed facts. Im not in denial, i am well aware of how to mod xbox's. I just choose not to. I stated previously.... one sec while i quote myself..

Did i forget to mention that you flash the firmware on the Disk drive? Im sorry but i didnt exactly want to display how its done on this community.

If you just look at typical human nature (especialy that within the pirates themselves), they will always want things CHEAP and EASY. PC being the easiest platform to pirate on would hold true to the logic of a pirate. Granted, some out their will pirate on consoles, but OVERALL pc pirating is FAR worse... and as the whole term of "pirate" being literally ANYTHING on a PC. Then you could add the stats of software pirating to this equation.

Still want to argue that console gaming is worse? Even with the minority of xbox users pirating this game, the chances are sales will still be through the roof. I doubt very much i can say the same for the PC gamers. Thats the COLD TRUTH. Its one of many reasons why the PC Gaming community is getting royally SHAFTED.

13. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Guest

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    ^ well I'm not out to change your mind becuase you're going to think what you want to think. I just find it strange that people are so willing to beleive what they hear. Things are NEVER as they appear. Though it may be logical to lay claim that PC piracy is worse, it is anything but. Console piracy is as bad across the board. Beleive it or not.. doesn't make much difference.

And people will pirate the hell out of this MW2 game because they feel completely screwed. Who would go and drop 60 dollars in this economy on a game that offers less than its predecessor? Not saying its right to pirate it.. I wouldn't even bother to waste my bandwidth on an SP campaign.. MP is what this game is all about.. at least COD4 thats what its all about. This game is abandonware for PC before its even released so yeah, pirates will be all over it and this game will make pirates out of many disappointed gamers..

14. ElementalDragon

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    Scooby: Well.... i still have to say MW2 offers MORE than it's predecessor..... just that one major thing changed, so people are pissed. It's got one HUGE lineup of weapons, perks, Single-Player attachment use, modified engine from the original Modern Warfare (get the feeling someone might say "Why didn't they create a new engine". if you're thinking about it.... also think about how many times that actually happens.).... quite nice looking Co-Op.... I'm actually looking quite forward to the SP campaign. not playing the SP is just wasting the money. Maybe that's why that one version of FEAR came out for free that was just the multiplayer.... because people didn't give a crap about the SP.

TroM: Again... i think you need to look back at CoD history. For one, i'm talking about Multiplayer here when i say that IW doesn't put vehicles into multiplayer. Yes, i know CoD games tend to have vehicle based missions in single player... but that's vehicle BASED. you don't really have the option of either riding the vehicle or going on foot.... it's part of the mission. I believe United Offensive was one that was brought up in the other thread as being a CoD game that had vehicles in multiplayer. If that's the case... look at the developer. CoD: UO was an expansion to the original Call of Duty, developed by Gray Matter Interactive (i.e. 3rd party... basically just like Treyarch is for World at War). Modern Warfare 2 doesn't have MP vehicles. Modern Warfare didn't have MP vehicles. Don't remember CoD2 having MP vehicles... and the only platform i played CoD3 on was Wii.... so i dunno if that had vehicles.

Austyn: For one.... yes... as it's been said and agreed upon... PC piracy is much easier. But as it's also been said... you're only fooling yourself thinking that not a lot of console people pirate games. Hell... look on popular torrent sites. TONS of 360 games... TONS of Wii games.... there's even quite a few PS3 games even though everyone knows there isn't yet a way to play them. Can even go back a bit. Tons of PS2 games... GameCube games.... Xbox Games. Back slightly further.... Playstation games.... possibly even N64 games... but i didn't really look into piracy at that point, so i don't know whether or not there were easily accessible means of using pirated data on a cartridge system.

About that crap with different "disc phases".... for one, i don't even really have a clue as to what you're talking about here..... and two... do you have any idea how fast stuff disc-related is bypassed? As an example... i remember when Super Mario Galaxy for Wii was leaked a bit early.... think by like a week or two. People were having an issue playing the copy.

(Note: Yes, mods... i know this more than likely is against forum rules... but i'm using it as an example to counter a point that was trying to be made)

Long story short.... before the game was even released, there was already a fix to get it to run. Same thing with Smash Bros. Brawl. First game on Wii to use a Dual-Layer DVD.... most of the chips available at the time didn't support DVD-DL. Not long after... DVD Firmware update for said chips brought about DL support.

And i plan on taking what you say with a large pinch of salt. i respect other's opinions... but i'd rather not have people explain said opinions seemingly in an attempt to deter me from buying a game i already said i'm purchasing. Not only that... but i can't really take what someone says seriously if they had just uttered the phrase:
    are you serious? I think you should look at something else you said... but surprisingly failed to quote yourself on:
    That right there about sums it up. Piracy isn't the reason for sh*tty console ports. Developers who want to make quick and easy money is the reason for that. Think about it..... let's take CryTek for example. Crysis/Crysis Warhead..... two of the damn-near-impossible-to-be-argued BEST looking games on PC.... and not to mention better than anything on consoles as of yet. Made specifically FOR PC's. Console crowd seems irritated that they didn't get the game. What does CryTek do then? CryEngine 3..... which makes it easy to do WHAT? modify the game in real-time, and see the effects on not only a PC... but also an Xbox 360 and PS3. In other words... yes... i'm guessing the next Crysis installment will probably still look nice.... but since they seem to be focusing on the, as you put it, "Cheap and Easy" way out of things.... i'm not getting my hopes up for another "Benchmark Monster".

Kinda funny to call someone arrogant and a pompous prick... when you don't even really seem to have a clue what you're talking about. Almost seems like you're the type to watch whatever the national media tries to cram down people's throats... and blurts it back like it's 100% fact. Might need to remember that "cheap and easy" bit.

Now... can we get off the piracy talk before you wind up actually GETTING this thread closed when it finally started to start going on the right foot, and i started to hear from people who actually gave a crap about the game, unlike yourself, Austyn?

15. seaplane pilot

seaplane pilot Guest

GPU:
    2080Ti Strix
    For sweet "Austyn" Your head must be made of brick?
    Hacking and pirating will always be there no matter what they do to prevent it. It is a challenge to the human mind. I know a few people who hacked corporate networks just to show them there vulnerabilities in there network. They where later hired to fix there network. I bet the teeny bopper consolers are more apt to pirate a game than most adults who own PC's.

you stated--

Did i forget to mention that you flash the firmware on the Disk drive? Im sorry but i didnt exactly want to display how its done on this community.

ROLF

This is a technology forum.
    PEOPLE KNOW HOW TO ASK THE GREAT GOOGLE FOR INFORMATION.

I guess people fail to understand the power a PC has when it come to computing and generating graphical textures etc.

Devs are getting lazy and forget they started on a PC. They use a PC to compile the code, design the graphics and maps for the ****ing consoles.

16. Austyn

Austyn Guest

I'm not gonna waste my time pointing out how you are wrong, and wrong again.I will just happily settle with pointing at ONE thing and thats how you constantly attack people with your replies. You really ought to take a look at how you conduct yourself, its generally why i got the opinion that you are indeed a "pompus" and "arrogant" prick. Atleast you do a better job at replying than our good troll seapilot.

The ironic part of your arguement is that the SAME media that i base my assumptions on (most of which are backed up with facts), is the same "media" that your poor excuse for an arguement/discussion is based upon. Not too mention you are taking alot of things well out of context. I have never once said "dont buy the pc version", but i thinks its disgusting that individuals of the PC gaming community are trying to shift the failing of activision/IW on the pc platform on the console consumers albeit pirates.

Lack of development in the PC platforms is FUELLED by the fact their are a massive amount of pirates on a proportionate scale. In comparison, the % of console pirates id digress is MUCH lower (in proportion ofcourse).

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 9, 2009
  17. Austyn

Austyn Guest

what exactly is your point in this post? more useless fraff from the seapilot?

The point is, hacking firmware on a console falls under that "grey" area and its legality is "debateable". Im not gonna go and disclose anything that doesnt need to be disclosed, but as you clearly insisted, it was almost an obligation set upon me to prove that you are infact a troll that just posts random crap with no REAL input onto a thread other than pointless comments and +235234 votes to whatever your cause is? Am i right?

Atleast the likes of Scooby, Elemental and such take the time to reply in a well mannered fashion in regards to the questions/debates being asked and raised. All you seemingly do is troll and attempt to make "smart alec" comments.

18. seaplane pilot

seaplane pilot Guest

GPU:
    2080Ti Strix
    Oh! Please.
    This is probably the only time I have posted in such a way. I am pissed among thousands of PC gamers.
    Just upgrade your damn computer and get off the console.

Another mind tainted by the media. I'm sure your console is hacked, by a friend you paid 100 pounds too.

I'm done bashing your posts.

19. Austyn

Austyn Guest

Yup. just another troll.

#1 I have a computer more than capable of running, i just cant be bothered with pc gaming anymore and getting royally shafted (like you are) on big titles.

#2 Consoles are just easy.. put disc in plus play.. with a busy work and social agenda, i dont have the time, nor do i care for tweaking, modding, getting optimal drivers and constantly upgrading my rig, that and it becomes very costly.

#3 I used to be a PC gaming enthusiast, i used to pour money into making my rigs, now my interests or on a other things, like traveling the world, and socializing. Thats personal preference, and by all means im not trying to demean your life of constant pc hardware upgrades.

#4 I dont know why im bothering to explain myself to you, but i guess even trolls need to be put in their place, you included. So i hope you are enjoying being fed off my this special attention im giving you.

#5 Tainted by the media? And you arnt? Everybody in some way shape or form has been influenced by the media either directly or indirectly. So to put that on me, is putting it on yourself. Im afraid you're on the same boat as me here fella. Get used to it. It's called riding the waves of media bull****. You just gotta look for the **** that sticks and go with it. That **** is what you call "facts". Try looking for some next time instead of bashing posts/threads with you're uselss junk.

Now...

Ontopic...

20. ElementalDragon

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    Forgot to comment on this part in my last post.

I've been a rather frequent player of Half-Life 2 Deathmatch since it's been released, and it's the only game i really ever had any remote interest in being in a clan.... and i've been in that clan since shortly after hl2dm's release when the clan started. The only two types of hacks/cheats/exploits i've seen was the one where if you tried changing your character model to an invalid one, it wouldn't assign you back to one of the standard model's, so you would be invisible. Effective, was patched quick... but even so, a lot of the people who used it didn't bother to try to use it effectively. seriously... an exploit to make you invisible.... in a Killbox where you can see just about everything that's going on at any point in time. Kinda a dead giveaway that something fishy is afoot when bullets and grenades are coming from nowhere. They still wound up getting killed quite often.... but moreso with grenades, combine balls, and explosive barrels than return-fire. The other one was speedhacks.... which i haven't seen in a long time.

As for your statement about cheats in CS.... Wallhacks are nothing more than a texture swap. VAC more than likely doesn't detect it's not like VAC can see what the player physically sees, and the textures still appear to be legit going by the files themselves. My friend showed me one wallhack back when CS: Source was still in beta. Took all of 5 seconds for him to install it. Before you call me a hacker... i used it for a few matches... and haven't touched CS: Source since HL2DM came out.... and i don't hack/cheat/bot/whatever.... although i HAVE been accused of aimbotting (strangely) and cheating when i use the stunstick in DM. What can i say... i've been a melee whore since HL1DM, using the gauss rifle to get me in close, and sometimes behind, my target.

With the aimbots.... like it's been said... people will resort to cheap tactics if they want to. Aimbots are about as cheap as one can get. With that.... more and more ways to create them and put them into effect come out as more and more become detectable.

so you're basing your entire statement that the PC's gaming popularity with developers is slowly dieing off because pirated copies of games are available online, too? It's rare to see on the news, but when you do... typically the media only ever targets PC gaming. I'm basing my statements on the FACT that you can find a LOT of games for ANY platform on torrent sites. You can't even PLAY the PS3 ones yet... but people still upload them. What exactly is that telling you?

Even more funny is that you're throwing PC software into the mix, apparently trying to back up your statement that piracy is killing PC gaming. So what.... Game piracy is going to kill the PC software industry as a whole? to quote you..... "What exactly is your point in this post?"

Sorry if i'm coming across as "arrogant and pompous"..... but human stupidity and a lack of common sense and logic tends to get to me. Main reason i hate driving. human stupidity +1,000.

edit: Now.... again... can we get off this stupid cliche topic of Piracy?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.