about Modern Warfare 2 PC

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by ElementalDragon, Nov 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    I'll give them this, they're using a better security system. Punkbuster is retarded.

2. gamerk2

gamerk2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA 570 GTX 1.2 GB
    VAC is worse. Much worse. At least punkbuster WORKS (once you learn to download PBSetup and manually keep up to date) to keep out cheaters; VAC does nothing whatsoever.

3. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Punkbuster works enough to be enabled lawlz. VAC actually has some protection. Where as, punkbuster can ban you for "suspecting" something on your machine in the background apps.

4. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA RTX 2070
    To everyone complaining about 9v9 matches.... let me just say this. In what Call of Duty game was having 24+ players the most involving experience ever? most of the maps in Modern Warfare and World at War are rather small. smaller the map, the less players it's suited for (i.e. the exact reason why Shipment in Modern Warfare with any more than like 12 players is just a rank-up-fest). Have more players in a smaller map... what happens? Cowards start to spawn camp, or shoot anyone the second they spawn if they just happen to be walking past..... again... focusing on the "I need killz" aspect, and not paying attention to how much of an a** they are.

5. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    ^ if you're trying to state that limiting the amount of players to 9x9 will effectively limit the amount of camping and spawn killing I think you're kidding yourself dragon. There will always be people who play like retards.. doesn't matter if there are 10 people of 50 people in server. Same with cheating.. everything that plagued MW will plague MW2 only worse.

People are complaning about 9v9 becuase people were expecting a) the same amount of players able to play in MW and b) newer larger maps to accomodate those players since maps were smaller in MW.
    Again, I don't see how this can ve viewed as an "improvement" over MW. I never enjoyed playing on servers with 50 people because it was just a spam fest. But to me, 9v9 is wayyyy to small. The best was playing on 15x15 or 20x20 servers. With larger maps, it could be epic. Too bad it will be anything BUT

Last edited: Nov 5, 2009
  6. deltatux

deltatux Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    LOL, u better hope the game has mouse motion sensing (like pushing the mouse up to walk forward).

I guess he forgot to type keyboard in a rush.

deltatux

7. ElementalDragon

GPU:
    eVGA RTX 2070
    Scooby: no... i'm not saying it'll limit camping or spawn killing. i know there are morons who will still find that enjoyable. I'm saying 9v9 will significantly reduce it. 20v20 in a small map has much more spawn killing than 9v9 in the same map. Look at Dome in W@W on a high population server.... such as A Cat House. Pretty much the only way to live for at LEAST 10 seconds is to either be running the second you spawn and look behind you to kill whoever might be spawn camping.... or spawn camp yourself.

8. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34

lolololololol . no I'm not laughing at you, just at the idea that somehow cheating, playing like a noob, or spawnkilling will be reduced because of less numbers. Sure not as many players will do it on the server because there aren't going to be as many people in the map at any given time.. across the whole IWnet though the amount of players using these bitch tactics will be plenty.. even before all the hacks and cheats come out.
    I would love to think otherwise, but I've been around these games too long and have seen this happen too many times to think this time will be different. Ignorance is bliss indeed.. this game will be ripe with all of this BS.. just watch.

9. texasrattler

texasrattler Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX670 2GB FTW
    I've had plenty of 25-30+ kill streaks without using a tank,airstrike,heli or dogs. Just using the weapons that the game came with. You do have to realize one thing, the game did come with tanks that are playable. You may not like them or use them but it's just part of the game. Anyways, they can blow up with sticky bomb and/or rockets. If people would actually work together(it's called teamwork) it is rather easy to destory a tank. I use tanks as I see them as fun. I love blowing ppl high in the air or simply running them over. I especially love to use a tank when someone is camping(just fire the turret an that camper is dead) or when someone is talkin smack and of course those who cheat but can still die. I've seen them all and killed them all lol.

Never heard of anyone having a 70 kill streak. Whoever you were playing just plain sucked. You won't get that in any good quality server, not even close.

10. ElementalDragon

GPU:
    eVGA RTX 2070
    texas: well... i'm guessing you probably weren't doing a whole lot of moving around for those 25-30+ kill streaks. That's what i'm getting at. I can't stand sitting still in a game waiting for someone to wander past my line of sight. Get's boring. That's why if anything, i snipe maybe 1 or 2 people, and move on. The people that crack me up are the ritualistic campers... who no matter what section of the map each side has control over, have a specific spot where they will camp and just wait til they see someone. Hence why i'm fairly certain you don't do a lot of moving. If you move, you're bound to come into the path of one of these morons.... and their point and click skills have been cranked to the maxx.

Scooby: i'm not saying the number of "cheating, playing like a "noob", or spawnkilling" players will decrease (although there'd be a higher chance of account banning for cheating with VAC than with PunkBuster, which couldn't really do sh*t on that front)..... But there will more than likely be significantly less. Why? less players = less deaths = less respawns = less opportunities for someone to take advantage of spawnkilling/spawncamping. There's a MASSIVE difference between someone spawnkilling someone in a 9v9 match on a standard sized map every once in a while, and a 16v16 match on a less-than-standard (i.e. typically for maybe 4v4/6v6 matches) map where spawn killing happens more often than standard kills and grenade spam combined.

11. shoja

shoja Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 GAMING X TRIO

I have been reading you posts in this thread and all I read from you is whine about other players(maybe they are all better than you?) ,every bad thing mw2 is an improvement for you and I dont know what you are getting at. Every game has campers so you have to get used to it......or maybe quit the game?

12. ElementalDragon

GPU:
    eVGA RTX 2070
    A) i don't find campers to be better than me.... since generally they're easier to kill since you know exactly where they are.
    B) tank campers aren't better than me, at least as long as they're in the tank.
    C) spawn campers just show a lot of cowardice... thinking that killing someone before they have a chance to do anything so they can increase their kill count will show how skillful they are.

I'll admit... i'm not the greatest player. My aim tends to suck at times. But people who tend to be cheap don't have the right to call anyone a "noob". Hell, anyone that calls someone a "noob" doesn't have the right to call anyone a "noob". You are starting to seem like one such person.

13. masterchiefx2

masterchiefx2 Banned

GPU:
    GTX 280 Sli
    im sick of whiney modw2 nerds get over it no dedicated servers this no thing like that balabkahahdahfhahhahahaha wow who gives a f....

i for one couldnt give a toss, whiney 14 years olds screaming over a mic no thankyou!!

rant over/ sick of seeing this crap in gaming news etc..

14. notyou

notyou Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 6970
    Yet you still feel the need to read & post in topics about it.

15. shoja

shoja Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 GAMING X TRIO
    A)I am not here to troll or anything but you should read your previous posts and than you will realize how much you are whining and defending infinity ward for some reason.......

B) I think you just facepalmed yourself in the noob part. I didn't call you a "noob" at all.

I am done here

16. ElementalDragon

GPU:
    eVGA RTX 2070
    even worse is the fact that this is a thread started by me basically saying that people who think that the lack of dedicated servers is a game killer are just blending in with the other sheeps in the herd.

masterchief.... i see you around the forums a lot... but did you even really read the very first post by me? you would have seen that if you did.

shoja: i didn't say you specifically called me a "noob".... but:

kinda leads me to believe that it's along the lines of what you were thinking.

17. PHJF

PHJF Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 970
  18. ElementalDragon

GPU:
    eVGA RTX 2070
    Wow..... that's original. What website did you pull that off of?

If you didn't read the other interview link that was in this thread.... let's just say that the whole idea of the mod tools, and the posibility of them reverting back to dedicated servers.... isn't entirely off the table. They said that things can change depending on how everything plays out. Right now they're main focus is on at least getting the game out to the players, before they consider making other major changes to the game or spending time working on modding tools. Could be the reason why after the whole IWNet backlash, they have yet to possibly correct it. Changing something as drastic as how the multiplayer is handled would have more than likely led to quite a bit of a release date delay.

19. Deprenor

Deprenor Member Guru

GPU:
    GIGABYTE GTX 970 G1
    I am tired of people who are still waiting anxiously for this watered down game. Im tired of them as they continue to attack legitimate and reasonable arguments by calling people "whiners". Im tired of them standing by and consciously paving the road for the people who come to destroy the fundamentals of PC gaming.

At one point they were whiners; I'll give you that.

But things have changed.

If you start to cry about getting a splinter in your thumb; Yes, you're probably a whiner.

However, if you start to cry because you just got shot in the knee caps and beat repeatedly with an baseball bat, I think your the right to cry is all yours at that point.

I have the minimum respect for my own hard earned money as not to TRY a 5-6 hour SP campaign for 60 bucks
    It might be a good 5-6 hour SP campaign, but why would I drop $60 for five hours of play when I could easily spend less and get 50+ hours with Dragon Age?
    The 9v9 just kills it for me, what’s wrong with having 32v32 as an option? I don't care how good the game might be, to drastically cut the amount of max players like that just to make it playable on a non-dedicated network is a deal breaker.

20. crushilista

crushilista Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 670
    Agreed. This will pretty much be my perm. stance on this. I dislike war games, so that's a major chunk off for me. They are too linear and force you down a paved road with most of the time little story. I found CoD 4 to bore the living hell out of me online mostly, so I'd just do stupid stuff. Then in CoD 5, I thought getting it for the PC would change that, but it didn't for the most part. Also, any PC game that has shooting online play and has dedicated servers/mods disabled, I'm not even going to pay attention to.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.