About Dark Souls games

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by AsiJu, Jan 18, 2017.

1. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    Yeh a lot is make-belief I think but the lore in DS is left open to interpretation on purpose.

2. TimmyP

TimmyP Master Guru

GPU:
    NV GTX 970 Titan Cooler
    This is a ridiculous comment, and I bet you that you most likely did the exact same thing and are trying to justify it and apologize to yourself.

Its okay mate. People make mistakes. Like playing DS2/3 before 1 ;-)

3. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    I can assure you TimmyP that nothing of DS 1 got ruined by starting with 3. Just gives a frame of reference.

4. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    Not Timmeeeee again ...

5. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    Hey question about Dark Souls, I got to Seath the Scaleless and he killed me (surprise).

Then I respawned at this bonfire I hadn't even found:
    [​IMG]

I cannot warp from that bonfire and the doors leading to the area are both locked so I can't leave.

Is this on purpose / what should happen or some sort of glitch?

6. Scully

Scully Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte G1 Gaming 1070
    Heh.

That's normal. I can't remember exactly how to get out of there but if it's what I'm thinking of, it's normal.

Edit: I thought you had to walk alongside a wall and get out or open a different cell door. It's been months since I was at this part.

7. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    ^ thanks, was worried that was a glitch and my game got botched :p

8. sunnyp_343

sunnyp_343 Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus ROG GTX 1080
    Dark souls 1=Hardest,challenging in soul series.
    Dark souls 2=Average in all.
    Dark souls 3=most good looking,Stylish,Shinning open world in souls series and easiest too.
    But i heard that last DLC of ds 3 ringed city will fck all.

9. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    Finished DS 1! Well, meaning got to one ending for the first time...

Excellent game hands down! Definitely took a while to get into it though even having played a Souls game before.

DS and DS 3 are both brilliant games and kind of complement each other as they have some distinct differences.

Glad I didn't miss these gems. Was always interested but wasn't sure if Souls games were for me. Definitely were and are, I'll keep playing them for weeks to come for sure.

10. aggregatebuzz

aggregatebuzz Member

GPU:
    nVidia GTX1080Ti FE
    played to lvl 102 going thru the Shaded Woods first time in Souls 2
    level +6 sword and +3 wanderer coat
    still dying an awful amount of times

Last edited: Mar 25, 2017

11. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080Ti
    AsiJu, I'm playing Bloodborne now and I know you'd like it as much as I do. What a game!

12. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    I surely would, I've seen some gameplay videos and it looks brilliant!
    One more for the must buy list for PS4 once I get one.

Been playing Dark Souls 2 recently actually :)

It's by no means a bad game, just very different from DS and DS 3. Changes aren't for the better but looking at it as a game in the Souls style (like Bloodborne) it's a very good action RPG anyway (though wtf is up with that parry+riposte animation, like seriously...)

Also the Scholar of the First Sin edition has very solid graphics imo, almost matches DS 3 in places.
    The brighter / more colourful environments do seem a bit off vs. other Souls games but they do give variation to the game.

So collected the whole set, wanted to get moar of Dark Souls! Next is the Season Pass for DS 3 then :p

(I'll likely get Demon's Souls too if I can find one second-hand from a nearby GameStop. Btw some things in DS 2 like the hub world and degrading health on death were in Demon's Souls I've gathered).

Last edited: Mar 27, 2017
  13. Duke Nil

Duke Nil Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    Finally beat DS2 +all DLC just yesterday, perfect timing with the latest DS3 DLC coming out today. DS2 gets a lot of flak but it's a great game, in some ways I think I like it more than the third one. The dlc is easily the best in the series too. It does have the worst bosses in the series though, not nearly as fun or memorable as #1 and #3.

Not sure what to recommend cuz it depends on how you want to level up, but I went through most of the game with the claymore and then varangian sword until I found the zweihander and decided to start using ultra greatswords and level strength to 40. Ended up doing most of the mid-late game stuff with a greatsword, it's got the same moveset as zweihander and S str scaling at +10. There's no substitute for skill/timing but it does feel like the game gets easier once you can do a ****ton of damage with each hit.

It's also hard to say for sure but I feel like I had an easier time after I leveled up adaptibility pretty high, which increases the number of i-frames you get per roll and makes estus and casting faster. Might mean the difference between getting KO'ed while estus-ing and being able to get a roll off.

14. rm082e

rm082e Master Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    If you guys own a PS4, you might want to look into Nioh. It's a new PS4 exclusive from Team Ninja. It's their spin on a Souls game, and it looks really good. I just picked it up, but haven't had time to dive in yet.

15. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    Yeah, Nioh is on my list to buy/play at some point .. this year?

Anyways, did play some of the DS3 DLC yesterday. Got to the first boss. So far not really impressed, or at least not as much as the first DLC. Also the performance in the first area is quite bad on my PC. There is a lot of high viewpoints with lots of geometry or high draw distances (or both) that really kills it for me…

16. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    Any DS 2 experts here?

Do player invasions depend on location as well? Because I got invaded twice even in human form by who I assume were other players based on names and the way they moved.

Description for Human Effigy says it prevents (PvP) invasions. Odd...

17. mikul1991

mikul1991 Active Member

GPU:
    8GB DDR3
    If you want try here is my new Reshade preset for Dark Souls 3:

18. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    Ah ok, so consuming one isn't enough. I don't mind the occassional invasion, was just wondering what's the deal.

Finished first playthrough of DS 2 too. Solid game but not as good as DS 1 or 3, Miyazaki's absence is apparent.
    Think I'll play the DLC parts though and then continue with ng+ on DS 1 and DS 3.

19. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080Ti
    Have you tried the latest DS3 DLC AsiJu? Or anyone else tried it?

I won't before finishing Bloodborne since the two games are quite different regarding movement and it takes some time to adapt.

20. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    No not yet, but drandiiski posted above he played a bit of it.

Waiting for a sale to grab the season pass for DS 3.