Abit x800 pro VIVO

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by SonDunn1128, Apr 29, 2005.

1. SonDunn1128

SonDunn1128 Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire X800XT w/ATI Silencer 4
    I have a question for anyone who wants to participate. I have a sapphire x800 pro (crappy 2.0ns ram ver)right now, and I can spend the extra 50 bucks to up to the abit x800 pro VIVO(1.6 ns ram) and even on abit's website it says "12 pixel pipes" but all the way at the bottom it says "up to 16 pipes" so this is what i want. is it worth the extra 50?

2. SVT Amateur

SVT Amateur Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS x850 XT PE VIVO PCI-Express
    just get an XT or XT PE, you'll be much happier.

3. Soilwork

Soilwork Master Guru

GPU:
    Legend 8800GTS 640MB
    Agreed. Sometimes the X800PRO Vivo won't unlock and if it does there are no guarantees it'll work

4. Meta|Gear

Meta|Gear Pretty Hate Machine

GPU:
    Sapphire 7950 Dual-X 3L

5. SonDunn1128

SonDunn1128 Master Guru

GPU:
    Hey guys, I decided to order a sapphire x800 xt for 330 dollars. It's refurbed from newegg, but hey, I cant afford the extra 100, so in essence, I'm only paying 42 more for this card over the pro that I have... Newegg misadvertised this x800 pro i have as an x800 pro vivo... but its not a true vivo afterall, and newegg will have to get a peace of my mind for misadvertisement. But yah, I'll let you know when it comes, and how much better it is... by the way, what is the BEST cooler for this card, because I already have the arctic cooling ati silencer 4 with the x800 pro...

6. SVT Amateur

SVT Amateur Maha Guru

GPU:
    That is the best cooling (or maybe artic 5, if there is one) except for watercooling.

7. Meta|Gear

Meta|Gear Pretty Hate Machine

GPU:
    Sapphire 7950 Dual-X 3L
    ok wait you upgraded from a x800 pro to a x800 xt? whats the point you could of just overcloked the pro to xt speeds. Your only going to see an improvment at high resolution such as 1600x1200.

8. SonDunn1128

SonDunn1128 Master Guru

GPU:
    well, I wanted the vivo to overclock and to have video in.. that's always a nice feature.... But my overclock on the memory sucked balls on the pro, only to 520 stable.. and the core was 570 stable... but no vivo, so i just said screw it i'll buy the xt. =) save myself some aggravation, I agree.

9. SVT Amateur

SVT Amateur Maha Guru

GPU:
    It's cool, you'll be happy with it.

10. SonDunn1128

SonDunn1128 Master Guru

GPU:
    This is bomb, but it suxor at the same time... I just got my x800xt in the mail, 1.6ns ram, ati rage theatre chip, yellow connector on the end... yah, it's real... anyway, i have to take this CCNA 3 final today and go to class until 10 pm... so I guess tomorrow I will be able to throw the arctic cooler and fool around with it =)))))) WOOOOOO HOOOOOOOO

11. SVT Amateur

SVT Amateur Maha Guru

GPU:
    Haha, sucks for you. Let us know how it goes.

12. SonDunn1128

SonDunn1128 Master Guru

GPU:
    Alright, after getting this card over 3 days ago, I finally got the thing in there and installed catalyst 5.41 drivers. My old score on 3dmark 05 was 5414. This was with a Sapphire x800 pro o/c to 563 core/513 mem, pc o/c to 3.6ghz (240fsb) Now I got the Sapphire x800xt o/c to 550core/591mem and I couldn't believe the difference it made... I SCORED A 6103. i COULDN'T BELIEVE IT =) My goal was accomplished on my first run. Thanks for the advice. Should have done this the first time...

13. FRAGEYE

FRAGEYE Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 8800 GT 512MB
    Good to hear of another impressed x800xt man,go for it with the o'c i'm going to do a bit of benching tommorow and try to hit 6400 3dmks05 and 13000 3dmks03,race ya!.........:eek:c:

14. SonDunn1128

SonDunn1128 Master Guru

GPU:
    Hell yah man, I'm always up for a challenge man... anyway, I only did 3dmark05 with the new card... the other scores posted are with the pro so far. I am chilling with a few friends right now, so that's why I didn't want to do it... it gets boring when you are chilling... I think overclocking is made for when you are alone, you know? Anyway, I'll do some scores tomorrow and post =) Race ya!!

15. SVT Amateur

SVT Amateur Maha Guru

GPU:
    Lol, ok. You just made overclocking seem like something nasty, but yeah, I wouldn't be benching my computer if I had friends over.

16. Guardian36w

Guardian36w Guest

Yea sondunn is obsessed with the damm overclocking. I go by to chill and drink beers he's on his computer running 3dmark and whatnot all damm day lol. but he is getting his rig to run nice! Probs on the computer is been a long time since you had a nice computer to mess with!

17. Clements

Clements Master Guru

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 670
    Heh, now you are 13% faster in a GPU limited scenario.

18. SonDunn1128

SonDunn1128 Master Guru

GPU:
    Frageye, if you are still out there, I scored a max score of 6133 on 3d05. This is with the timings shown as MAX on my x800xt. I found something on another forum discussing tweaked memory timings for the x800andx850xt. Here http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=55485 I want to fool around with the timings more to see what I can get out of it. I also scored a little higher in aquamark.. up to 74,635. 3d03 seems to be giving me problems, and I can't finish a full run without it screwing up.

Sorry I didn't post earlier, but I don't have much time to do benching. I've been benching my ass to do work like cisco and preparing myself for finals and CCNA. Let me know what you got...